5.0 out of 5 stars The original, just a few pounds cheaper
Published 6 months ago by Adam

1.0 out of 5 stars Not genuine.
This does not work with either of the iPhone 5's we have in the house, it is messaging 'not compatible' therefore I doubt very much it is a genuine apple product as stated in the description.
Published 12 months ago by Loobs

1.0 out of 5 stars Not genuine., 23 Sep 2013
This review is from: Apple iPod Lightning to 30-PIN Adapter-ZML (Latest Model - Launched Sept 2012) (Electronics)

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake item, 28 Sep 2013
I bought 2 of these. Already have 2. They were not in apple packaging and are clearly fake when you compare to a real apple one. Connected to dock and no playback through speakers either. Avoid this item if you plan on playing music through a dock.

5.0 out of 5 stars The original, just a few pounds cheaper, 24 Feb 2014
The reviews on here are very confusing, and threw me for a while and put me off ordering. I now can see that it appears another seller is advertising a cheaper product under the same listing (the final photo is a totally different product), hence the mixed reviews I guess, depending which seller was chosen. I can conform that the expensive item under the listing is indeed a genuine Apple adapter and i have tested tonight with my iPhone 5s and it charges and syncs no problem, plus I have connected it to my Onkyo HiFi dock and it plays perfectly through that.

Most of the adapters on other listings that look like this one will not play music through a dock. There are also others that have an additional pin that slots into the headphone socket….but that's no good if you want to use headphones.

Excellent product and essential if you don't want to throw out all your old docks/DABs with iPod docks integrated, plus for use as an additional charger adapter for all your old apple cables.

1.0 out of 5 stars Click away now, avoid like the plague. I'm not joking., 27 Sep 2013
Doesn't carry audio, it won't work on any of my old 30pin audio devices. It will charge only.

I bit the bullet and bought (and paid the price) for an apple certified adaptor that works with everything.

Save your cash, bite the bullet and get an apple certified adaptor, it's expensive (£25 + p&p) but at least it works.

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn’t work properly with the iPhone 5S., 5 Oct 2013
Doesn’t work properly with the iPhone 5S. The latest Apple phone pops up with a message saying that this won’t work properly as it's not an Apple product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible!!!, 17 Oct 2012
Like other people on here, I ordered a couple of lightning adapters for my iphone about three weeks ago, at the time the price was about £3 each. Was informed via email that delivery was going to be around the 16th October, which was fine, however the 16th arrived and all I received was an email stating that the company was cancelling my order. Just looked on the Amazon site again and the same company is advertising the same, for over £10 each, RIP-OFF Merchants.

3.0 out of 5 stars Be wary of 3rd party sellers they are shipping out cheap copies!., 28 Sep 2013
A. Zaman (UK) - See all my reviews
***Original review***
The adapter I received in a small plastic sleeve was not an official adapter made by apple as stated on amazon. It is a much cheaper copy.

My iPhone 5 is running IOS7 and although when using the adapter there are no errors the adapter does not provide full functionality. It allows charging, syncing but won't allow audio playback (through docks etc).

Some of the reviews seem to contradict this, I can only guess that the adapters sent out are not the same "batch".

1 stars for charging and syncing but overall I am disappointed the product is not genuine as I was led to believe!

***Updated October 2013***
I returned my adapter for a refund and then reordered (no problem), this time I selected Amazon as the seller (which is not the default!). Check the listing says "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon." if you want to ensure you the the genuine article. I ended up paying £15 and the adapter I received is the proper genuine item and works as it should!.

Updated review, 3 stars. It works as it should and well but in all fairness this should have been included with all new lightning devices. It's a bit of a rip off for what it is, really they should be using standardized micro-usb. That said, this is apple, and they do have shareholders to keep happy....

1.0 out of 5 stars Cancelled, 17 Oct 2012
Like others order it 3 weeks ago at a cost £3.39 plus £2.50 p&p but out the blue a cancelled order email and now see they back on order for over £10, very disappointing....and sorry to say can't be trustworthy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Order Dissappointment, 7 Nov 2012
Ordered from these weeks ago, and it was cancelled. What a complete waste of time. Don't order anything here, you have been warned!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't use this company! Terrible service!, 17 Oct 2012
Obviously this company tried to catch customers out with a cheap deal on this product and then order cancelled without any explanation and now price has gone up! Use a reliable company! Disgraceful customer service, you've been warned.