4.0 out of 5 stars Right thing to do!!!
I was in two minds to buy this product as so many people had said not to buy it on their reviews.
But i tooka chance and got it and i am pleased i did!! I have not had any probs with mine.
Was getting fed up with plugging my ipod in to the laptop via USB.
Published 16 months ago by Emily

1.0 out of 5 stars FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE
This is a cheap imitation copy received just two days after the airing of a BBC documentary following trading standards where people's houses were nearly burned down by such items.

This is not something that is a rip off and makes no effort to disguise the fact, this is a completely fake product with the exact same design and copied part numbers, CE logo etc...
Published 19 months ago by tom83cat

‹ Previous | 1 2 318 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars All are fake on amazon and ebay,exploding plugs and fire risk, 9 July 2014
Mr. R. G. Redmond "ryan" (whitehaven) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Apple iPod 5W USB Power Adapter (Accessory)
All fakes on amazon and ebay.if a plug rattles when shaking it,feels too light,or buzzes when using it,throw its out immediately.do not send back as theyll only send to someone else and they might die.every plug ive ever bought except for the one from apple themselves has exploded and singed sockets and walls.im disabled and rely on a ventilator at night so having a loud explosion through night not only does my heart or breathing no good,it also means no electric to use my ventilator ,so if the explosion and resulting fire doesnt kill me then i might stop breathing due to lack of ventilator use,so to me these fakes are doublely dangerous,but to anyone the risk of explosions and fire is so high,just pay 25 from apple,it seems expensive but if your family die in a fire youd pay 25 quid in a heartbeat to get them back wouldnt you,so pay it before its too late

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless and Dangerous, 3 July 2013
This review is from: Apple iPod 5W USB Power Adapter (Accessory)
This item is listed as an Apple USB charger. It is not an "Apple" product, merely a piece of plastic and metal that looks like a genuine "Apple" item but clearly isn't. It would not chare my iPhone and on the second occasion that I tried to use it, it exploded when I switched on the socket it was plugged into. A complete waste of money. If I could give it zero stars I would. AVOID.

3.0 out of 5 stars Buzzing, 13 Jun 2014
This review is from: Apple iPod 5W USB Power Adapter (Accessory)
Made a slight buzzing noise while charging.
This has become my back up charging plug now.
Not sure why it buzzes.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the original charger, 21 April 2014
Zahid (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Apple iPod 5W USB Power Adapter (Accessory)
Although the listing states this is an 'Apple' 5W charger it isn't. Amazon should clean this up and ensure sellers are listing only genuine Apple power adapters here.

The cheaper, knock-off version which most sellers under this listing are posting out can be found under Amazon for much cheaper prices.

There is nothing wrong with the power adapter - just note that it isn't a genuine Apple product.

Also, 5W is the power required to charge the following:
iPod Touch 2nd Gen
iPod Touch 3rd Gen
iPod Touch 4th Gen
iPod Touch 5th Gen

As seen above, this SHOULD NOT support any variants of the full-size iPad and I strongly recommend you do not try charging an iPad with this adapter - buy a 10W or 12W for that!

If your charger is making a buzzing sound, turn it off and demand a replacement. Your one has not gone through any QC at the factory and is not fit for use. The EC certification is not real, and your adapter should not making any humming or buzzing sounds if it has legitimately been certified!

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT TRUST THIS SELLER!!, 3 Sep 2013
This review is from: Apple iPod 5W USB Power Adapter (Accessory)
I bought this item to use whilst on holiday, as my old apple charger would not work with my new ipod. I did not receive the item and it wasnt until i got back from my holiday i was able to file a claim against them. only to be told the seller had left the amazon and could not be contacted. simply dont trust them at all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous, 31 Aug 2013
This review is from: Apple iPod 5W USB Power Adapter (Accessory)
disgraceful product, had my ipod plugged into it while holding my ipod in my hand, next thing theres a small explosion and i get a shock running through my arm, my ipod lead still works and so obviously it was this plug that blew up, could have caused serious damage to my house, me, or my ipod, shocking customer service and amazon need to stop selling products like this

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake Item, terrible seller, 29 Aug 2013
This review is from: Apple iPod 5W USB Power Adapter (Accessory)
This item is fraudulent, it is unlikely to meet safety standards. I did not use and have reported to trading standards. Do not buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Right thing to do!!!, 8 Aug 2013
This review is from: Apple iPod 5W USB Power Adapter (Accessory)
Was getting fed up with plugging my ipod in to the laptop via USB.
Just connect the USB to the plug and off you go mine does Not makes funny noises or get hot or blow the fuses in my house. Would recommend and would buy it again if needed to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed, 2 Sep 2013
Carol Bilby - See all my reviews
This review is from: Apple iPod 5W USB Power Adapter (Accessory)
I was getting frustrated with having to compete with the kids for the laptop to charge my ipod. This plug works really well and means that I now have fuss free charging. I'm very happy with it and that it arrived very quickly after ordering.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, Good Value, 28 Feb 2013
This review is from: Apple iPod 5W USB Power Adapter (Accessory)
What can I say about a USB iPod charger? It does the job it's supposed to, and it does it well. Gone are the days of plugging the iPod into a laptop and waiting seemingly endless hours for it to charge! What impressed me is that this is the genuine Apple article, sold at slightly less than the price on the official Apple website BUT WITH FREE POSTAGE, whereas Apple charges a significant amount on top. Do not be tempted by cheaper alternatives offered elsewhere; at best they are inferior, and at worst they are 'dodgy' and possibly dangerous.

‹ Previous | 1 2 318 | Next ›