5.0 out of 5 stars Great
Published on 13 Jan. 2013 by David Chorley

1.0 out of 5 stars wasted money
Since receiving this item. Each time I try to charge it via my laptop, each time I do so, my laptop immediately begins to shut down and restart again. This happens repeatedly. I have tried to reinstall ITunes. This took a couple of weeks to do as my laptop began to experience several issues. (don't know if this is a coincidence ) Then tried to charge the shuffle via a...
Published 16 months ago by dawn wright

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 13 Jan. 2013
I bought it for my 90 year old Mum for Christmas, she loves Susan Boyle so I downloaded two Susan Boyle albums, purchased through Amazon, onto the little iPod, (and it is little) she loves it! she doesn't have a clue about computers, she has a hard time with the phone, but this little iPod only really has two controls, a very small on off switch and a big button for the music.
So now my dear old Mum with earphones on is dancing to music, it's magic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit ...liked it so much I bought two!, 3 Nov. 2014
Cannot fault this, and cannot believe you get so much so cheaply. This is the price of about three good CDs! I don't know how easy it is for people who don't have iTunes or a Mac. I have both, so it was incredibly easy to work, once I got the hang of iTunes, how to create playlists, etc. If you don't create playlists on iTunes then transfer them to the iPod, all your tunes will play at random ...which can be very annoying. However, once I figured this out, I was fine. I have one or two niggles relating to the confusing online manual ...which goes into far too much detail and ignores some of the basic things you need to know to get started. But eventually I got there.

This comes with a USB connecting cable (very short, only about an inch worth of cable), a set of earbuds, some very basic instructions and the iPod shuffle itself. The Shuffle is very well designed, with an extremely sturdy clip to attach it to a shirt, or sleeve or whatever. The earbuds are plently long enough to reach from your ears down to the hem of your shirt, so there isn't any pulling while you're wearing it.

I also ordered a set of Earbudi ear clips, which are designed specifically for this product, and keep the earbuds from falling out (which they will certainly do if you move around while wearing them.) They are comfortable to wear and easy to attach to the Earbuds, but I would recommend leaving them in place. I don't think they were meant to remove from the Earbuds once they've been clipped on.

I also ordered a mains charger plug for a few pounds. Well worth it, as it charges the Shuffle quite quickly, and can be done anywhere. My first charge only took just over 2 hours, and that was starting with a fully uncharged battery.

I am not going to downgrade this product because it is SUCH good value, but it would be nice if it came with the Earbudi clips, the mains charger AND a carry case. The plastic box the Shuffle comes in protects it very well during shipping, but once opened it can't be closed again, and isn't suitable to carry.

This product has no screen, so you need to keep track of your playlists, and trawling through them can take some time. There is no fast way to get to the playlist you want, so I would advise you to create as few playlists as possible, and stuff each one with plenty of songs.

However, despite these little niggles, this is a GREAT piece of kit for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars DO THE SHUFFLE, 18 Nov. 2012
This is a great little mp3 player.Holds enough songs for the average person and you can download an app where you press a button and a voice tells you the artist and the track you're listening to.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 20 Aug. 2013
Reliable and does the job required of it, you couldn't ask for more could you ? Nice green colour. Average headphones.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best mini-gizmo on the market!, 5 Dec. 2012
Summary: The apple of Steve Job's eye and the thorn in Microsoft's flesh. Brilliantly designed and easy to use.

Great things:

1. Tiny and very,very portable. - great for wearing when on the run, and discrete enough to clip it to your shirt at work and for it not to be noticed.
2. Easy to operate
7. Good sound quality
8. Great value for money
9. Reliable
10. Widely available

room for improvement/flaws (?)/something to think about before buying:

1. you will needs proper headphones when on the run without a doubt
2. a little 'holder'/protector with the device would be good
3. The 'box' doesnt hold everything that well, once opened.
4. everything on the functions panel is very 'close together' so can be fiddly to operate on the move (but not at rest) - (but if it wasn't it wouldnt be this small!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 12 May 2014
This is my first Apple iPod so I got nothing to compare it to but I should say that it is everything that I was expecting. Battery life very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic little gizmo, 23 Oct. 2012
I bought this as a lightweight ipod thingy for running as my iphone was heavy on the arm when running long distances. I love this little gizmo, it's lightweight, easy to use when on-the-go, the clip is very sturdy and it feels as though it won't fail/fall off. The sound is great too for such a small device. Would definitely recommend to any runner ....

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little gadget, 6 April 2013
I bought this because my MP3 player died. It is much better than the MP3 - small, light, easy to use once you've sorted your way through the registration. I wanted something that I can take on holiday and take with me when I go out sketching, or when working in the garden. For the purposes I want it for the 2g memory will be sufficient- I can always change the music selection if I get bored with it. Not sure how useful the voice over will be - I may decide to delete this as I simply wanted something that I can pick up and switch on and will probably just use the shuffle button. The problem with my other MP3 was getting to the right menu/playlist through all the screen saver rubbish etc. The on/off and shuffle buttons are small, but despite having quite large fingers this isn't a problem. Volume seems fine and the sound quality not bad for the size (especially if, like me, you remember the hum/tape noise of the Walkman. The in-ear earphones actually stay in my ears - another problem with my other MP3 player.The clip seems good - yet another difficulty with my other player. I think I shall reallly enjoy using this. I have bought a small carry case so that I don't lose it or damage it.

5.0 out of 5 stars compact design and well built, 28 Aug. 2013
SBno1 - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
I have always found Apple products to be robust, well built, practical and fit for purpose. Occasionally they have a flaw, usually with the battery, but on the whole they are good quality products. The iPod shuffle lives up to this heritage with a small but usable design, it accepts the on-board advance, retreat, pause, play and voice over, but this can also be controlled with a headset that has the same buttons on-the-wire.

Of all the Apple products I think the shuffle gives the best value for money and affordability. At the time of purchase I got this for 5GBP less than the Apple site, whereas they are normally the same price. It has 2GB storage which I find is more than enough to give a good range and variety of music. The shuffle lets you have a good mix with few repeats. There is also a nice range of colours.

The voice over is a nice touch - holding down the play button will have the device tell you what song is playing and if you advance whilst it is talking it will tell you the next song so you can skip through when a song doesn't take your fancy.

I have had 2 shuffles from previous generations and they all did well. Both lasted for several years of constant use and charge cycles. One of which went through a 40 degree wash and survived (not recommended). It is possible to change the batteries on these when they fail, but I didn't think it was worth the messing about. One could argue to buy a product whose battery could simply be replaced, but they don't come as small and compact as the shuffle.

Just be careful not to leave the device in a pocket, it is easily done and you will spend days wondering where it is!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 22 Nov. 2012
I brought this for my sister and it's great.
She loves it and well it's Apple.

Basically meaning it's of a sound quality and it will last.

My original iPod from like 6 years ago even still works perfectly.
If you want a simple music player that's really tiny buy this.

It even has a little clip on the back to attach to your jacket or shirt but i wouldn't recommend that just in case it falls off.

The ring does not control volume like the other iPods so don't expect it to, you have to press the up and down button on that ring.

But it's simple and at a decent price and more importantly it will last and not fail after a year.