5.0 out of 5 stars Great
Published 19 months ago by David Chorley

Published 6 months ago by Mr. J. Mellitas

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 13 Jan 2013
I bought it for my 90 year old Mum for Christmas, she loves Susan Boyle so I downloaded two Susan Boyle albums, purchased through Amazon, onto the little iPod, (and it is little) she loves it! she doesn't have a clue about computers, she has a hard time with the phone, but this little iPod only really has two controls, a very small on off switch and a big button for the music.
So now my dear old Mum with earphones on is dancing to music, it's magic!

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 20 Aug 2013
Reliable and does the job required of it, you couldn't ask for more could you ? Nice green colour. Average headphones.

5.0 out of 5 stars DO THE SHUFFLE, 18 Nov 2012
This is a great little mp3 player.Holds enough songs for the average person and you can download an app where you press a button and a voice tells you the artist and the track you're listening to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - just does the job with no fuss, 20 Mar 2013
Peter Coupe (North Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
It's hard to believe that this teeny gadget can hold so many songs.
It is even smaller than the previous iPod - and yet it holds twice as much stuff! Aint technology wonderful.
I listen to a lot of BBC podcasts because I don't sleep much, and the iPod has been a great companion of mine, in its various sizes, since I bought my very first white "chewing gum packet" sized shuffle so many years ago.
This model is very small, but so simple to operate.
The on/off switch now also doubles as the shuffle control, so slide once for linear playback and twice for shuffle playback.
There is also an optional 'voice over' feature, which tells you information about what you are listening to if you press it. Press it twice and it tells you how much charge the battery currently has.
Charging is easy - just connect the very short cable to a USB port on your computer or connect it to a standard USB charging plug (I use the one that came with my MacBook), although I have also used a generic 'Amazon Basics' charging plug and it worked too.
The playback controls are easy - press the big middle button to start and stop, the top or bottom of the outer button to raise or lower the volume, and the left or right to jump back or forward to the next song.
A long hold on the left or right will also fast forward/reverse within the song.
Add to that a simple clip to fasten it to your clothes/pillowcase/car seat or wherever and a socket for the earphones and you have the lot!
Excellent value for money too at this price and I really like the 'slate' colour option.
5 stars.
I have put a photograph up on the Amazon product page so you can compare the sizes of the old and new iPod, and also see the length of the charging cable.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best mini-gizmo on the market!, 5 Dec 2012
Summary: The apple of Steve Job's eye and the thorn in Microsoft's flesh. Brilliantly designed and easy to use.

Great things:

1. Tiny and very,very portable. - great for wearing when on the run, and discrete enough to clip it to your shirt at work and for it not to be noticed.
2. Easy to operate
7. Good sound quality
8. Great value for money
9. Reliable
10. Widely available

room for improvement/flaws (?)/something to think about before buying:

1. you will needs proper headphones when on the run without a doubt
2. a little 'holder'/protector with the device would be good
3. The 'box' doesnt hold everything that well, once opened.
4. everything on the functions panel is very 'close together' so can be fiddly to operate on the move (but not at rest) - (but if it wasn't it wouldnt be this small!)

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable and lacks functions you would get in other products, 7 Feb 2014
Mr. J. Mellitas "Jmell" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I would really expect more from Apple but I have kept buying these devices purely because of the build quality. The limited functionality is also a let own. I had a tiny IRiver music device which had every function you could think of including playing back a selection of tracks only to even the basic function of repeating a track which you can not do with the Shuffle. All you get is play, stop, next and previous track. Unlike the IRiver, there is also no built in radio but I can live with this. Also, why only a 2gb version? The clip on is great though on the shuffle as I can attach it to my t-shirt when jogging. It is also light and is rechargeable and the battery life is good. Head sets are the usual nothing special type which Apple need to improve. Sound quality is not too bad but they disturb others who can hearth the music you are listening to even when volume low. Overall, a good device. Add more functions and get of the jamming and this could be much better.

I have updated my review and have rated the shuffle from 3 stars to just 1 star for very good reason. I have gone through about four of these devices over the years. I have three I use now at the gym, that's right, three. They all have exactly the same issue. They all have a mind of their own and work some of the time but not all the time. They device is fully charged. I confirm this by double clicking the button and the voice activation tells me this. If I leave it for a few hours, it then starts to work again. Conclusion, either I have bought a batch of faulty shuffles or there is a fault with all devices after a period of use. What period of time, you need to wait though Before it fails, I guess, could depend on many factors, such as how often you use it. All I can say us that there is nothing more annoying than turning up to the gym and looking forward to listening to some music to help with your work out only to find your device which is fully charged decides not to work. Now, when you consider Apple is a multi trillion, not million, dollar company this annoys my like you can not believe. If seems you can't even rely on Apple to produce quality any more yet you pay the price for quality. Now, I know some of you loyal Apple fans out there will probably not agree with me on what I am saying and I too admit, I use to love apple. I also have a number of Apple devices, iPad, iPod and they're great but the Apple Shuffle is a let down and not created with the same quality and love I would expect form Apple. Then again, you can't dominate the market in everything. the iopd nano also has a fault. The button gets worn out and customers on their thousands are uploading fixes on youtube.

I do hope Apple try to maintain their quality like they have strived for in the past, but like other large companies, like Toyota, which slipped up on faults with cars last year, maybe they are getting cocky and products like the Shuffle and Nano lack that quality we would expect from Apple. I for one am disappointed because I now need to spend more money on a reliable MP3 player for the gym. It is not easy. Apple dominate the mp3 market and great products produced by Iriver, for example, exist no more. What a shame.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic little gizmo, 23 Oct 2012
I bought this as a lightweight ipod thingy for running as my iphone was heavy on the arm when running long distances. I love this little gizmo, it's lightweight, easy to use when on-the-go, the clip is very sturdy and it feels as though it won't fail/fall off. The sound is great too for such a small device. Would definitely recommend to any runner ....

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb as usual, 17 Sep 2013
This is just so user friendly, small, lightweight, and just all round Apple fantastic. I find you can save circa 300 songs plus an audio book or two. Easy to separate into playlists and to scroll between them using the buttons.
I bought this for the gym (got sick of thick armbands that were often too small for even average men's arms) and think the clip will do the job perfectly.
Should have a plug adapter for charging away from computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 22 Nov 2012
I brought this for my sister and it's great.
She loves it and well it's Apple.

Basically meaning it's of a sound quality and it will last.

My original iPod from like 6 years ago even still works perfectly.
If you want a simple music player that's really tiny buy this.

It even has a little clip on the back to attach to your jacket or shirt but i wouldn't recommend that just in case it falls off.

The ring does not control volume like the other iPods so don't expect it to, you have to press the up and down button on that ring.

But it's simple and at a decent price and more importantly it will last and not fail after a year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 12 May 2014
This is my first Apple iPod so I got nothing to compare it to but I should say that it is everything that I was expecting. Battery life very good.