5.0 out of 5 stars Great
Published 23 months ago by David Chorley

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable and lacks functions you would get in other products
I would really expect more from Apple but I have kept buying these devices purely because there is no longer much choice for MP3 players any more and this one is the smallest I can find for the gym. The limited functionality is also a let down. I had a tiny IRiver music device which had every function you could think of, including playing back a selection of tracks...
Published 10 months ago by Mr. J. Mellitas

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 13 Jan 2013
This review is from: Apple iPod shuffle 2GB - Blue (Latest Model - Launched Sept 2012) (Electronics)
I bought it for my 90 year old Mum for Christmas, she loves Susan Boyle so I downloaded two Susan Boyle albums, purchased through Amazon, onto the little iPod, (and it is little) she loves it! she doesn't have a clue about computers, she has a hard time with the phone, but this little iPod only really has two controls, a very small on off switch and a big button for the music.
So now my dear old Mum with earphones on is dancing to music, it's magic!

5.0 out of 5 stars DO THE SHUFFLE, 18 Nov 2012
This is a great little mp3 player.Holds enough songs for the average person and you can download an app where you press a button and a voice tells you the artist and the track you're listening to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - just does the job with no fuss, 20 Mar 2013
Amazoniac (Norwich) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
It's hard to believe that this teeny gadget can hold so many songs.
It is even smaller than the previous iPod - and yet it holds twice as much stuff! Aint technology wonderful.
I listen to a lot of BBC podcasts because I don't sleep much, and the iPod has been a great companion of mine, in its various sizes, since I bought my very first white "chewing gum packet" sized shuffle so many years ago.
This model is very small, but so simple to operate.
The on/off switch now also doubles as the shuffle control, so slide once for linear playback and twice for shuffle playback.
There is also an optional 'voice over' feature, which tells you information about what you are listening to if you press it. Press it twice and it tells you how much charge the battery currently has.
Charging is easy - just connect the very short cable to a USB port on your computer or connect it to a standard USB charging plug (I use the one that came with my MacBook), although I have also used a generic 'Amazon Basics' charging plug and it worked too.
The playback controls are easy - press the big middle button to start and stop, the top or bottom of the outer button to raise or lower the volume, and the left or right to jump back or forward to the next song.
A long hold on the left or right will also fast forward/reverse within the song.
Add to that a simple clip to fasten it to your clothes/pillowcase/car seat or wherever and a socket for the earphones and you have the lot!
Excellent value for money too at this price and I really like the 'slate' colour option.
5 stars.
I have put a photograph up on the Amazon product page so you can compare the sizes of the old and new iPod, and also see the length of the charging cable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb as usual, 17 Sep 2013
This is just so user friendly, small, lightweight, and just all round Apple fantastic. I find you can save circa 300 songs plus an audio book or two. Easy to separate into playlists and to scroll between them using the buttons.
I bought this for the gym (got sick of thick armbands that were often too small for even average men's arms) and think the clip will do the job perfectly.
Should have a plug adapter for charging away from computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best mini-gizmo on the market!, 5 Dec 2012
Summary: The apple of Steve Job's eye and the thorn in Microsoft's flesh. Brilliantly designed and easy to use.

Great things:

1. Tiny and very,very portable. - great for wearing when on the run, and discrete enough to clip it to your shirt at work and for it not to be noticed.
2. Easy to operate
7. Good sound quality
8. Great value for money
9. Reliable
10. Widely available

room for improvement/flaws (?)/something to think about before buying:

1. you will needs proper headphones when on the run without a doubt
2. a little 'holder'/protector with the device would be good
3. The 'box' doesnt hold everything that well, once opened.
4. everything on the functions panel is very 'close together' so can be fiddly to operate on the move (but not at rest) - (but if it wasn't it wouldnt be this small!)

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 20 Aug 2013
Reliable and does the job required of it, you couldn't ask for more could you ? Nice green colour. Average headphones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 22 Nov 2012
I brought this for my sister and it's great.
She loves it and well it's Apple.

Basically meaning it's of a sound quality and it will last.

My original iPod from like 6 years ago even still works perfectly.
If you want a simple music player that's really tiny buy this.

It even has a little clip on the back to attach to your jacket or shirt but i wouldn't recommend that just in case it falls off.

The ring does not control volume like the other iPods so don't expect it to, you have to press the up and down button on that ring.

But it's simple and at a decent price and more importantly it will last and not fail after a year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic little gizmo, 23 Oct 2012
I bought this as a lightweight ipod thingy for running as my iphone was heavy on the arm when running long distances. I love this little gizmo, it's lightweight, easy to use when on-the-go, the clip is very sturdy and it feels as though it won't fail/fall off. The sound is great too for such a small device. Would definitely recommend to any runner ....

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 12 May 2014
This is my first Apple iPod so I got nothing to compare it to but I should say that it is everything that I was expecting. Battery life very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little gadget, 6 April 2013
I bought this because my MP3 player died. It is much better than the MP3 - small, light, easy to use once you've sorted your way through the registration. I wanted something that I can take on holiday and take with me when I go out sketching, or when working in the garden. For the purposes I want it for the 2g memory will be sufficient- I can always change the music selection if I get bored with it. Not sure how useful the voice over will be - I may decide to delete this as I simply wanted something that I can pick up and switch on and will probably just use the shuffle button. The problem with my other MP3 was getting to the right menu/playlist through all the screen saver rubbish etc. The on/off and shuffle buttons are small, but despite having quite large fingers this isn't a problem. Volume seems fine and the sound quality not bad for the size (especially if, like me, you remember the hum/tape noise of the Walkman. The in-ear earphones actually stay in my ears - another problem with my other MP3 player.The clip seems good - yet another difficulty with my other player. I think I shall reallly enjoy using this. I have bought a small carry case so that I don't lose it or damage it.