1,227 Reviews
 (1,009)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!
Published 15 months ago by S.M

3.0 out of 5 stars very good upgrade....but has its flaws
The sound quality of this ipod is excellent,the earphones that are included are brilliant and comfy. The new size is so much better for small hands like mine. very light weight, and the colour is cool! the screen is flawless, and the battery time is much longer than ipod's before. the biggest problem with this is the usb connecter....beware this will not fit any ipod...
Published on 20 Nov. 2012 by musicmaniac23

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 19 Feb. 2014
S.M (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Had this for around a year now, but thought I'd come back and leave a review. This latest iPod Touch from Apple is probably one of the best things they've released. It's pretty much an iPhone, the only difference is, you can't make calls directly from the device, but even then there's apps you can download to do that! It has everything you need included, such as Facetime and Messages. The design (now you can upgrade it to iOS 7) is flawless and stylish. It's light and very thin (probably almost half the width of an iPhone), which feels great in the hand. Thousands of apps to download for free, pretty much any app you can get on the iPhone, you can also install on here (except Whatsapp, which is a big shame!). Would definitely recommend to anybody considering buying. 32GB is also probably the best size to purchase, as the memory can fill up quite fast, especially when you get addicted to all the apps. Camera quality is crystal clear, probably the best quality I've had, even better than my digital camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 7 Aug. 2013
So happy i chose to buy this! It has a new slick design, very lightweight and very thin with a longer and much better screen, and has a lot more features. The camera has such a high resolution it's brilliant, and Siri is hilarious on it, sending you straight to the app you want when you say it which is nice. It is also louder than it's predecessors so i won't have the problem of it being to quiet when i'm in a group and want to play music from my iPod. The only problem really is that I've had to buy a lightning to 30 pin adapter so i can use it with my 4th generation accessories. My docking station pulls my iPod inside and because the iPod is taller, it doesn't fit which is quite annoying, but it isn't a big deal. Definitely recommend this to everybody!

5.0 out of 5 stars This Ipod is a life changer!, 6 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Apple iPod touch 32GB 5th Generation - Blue  (Latest Model - Launched Sept 2012) (Electronics)
I am very new to technology and hoped in my retirement to have time to explore. I just love this Ipod. It can do everything and now I've downloaded the user-guide I can actually understand most of it. The Ipod is easy to use - very good sound quality. The screen is not too small for clumsy hands.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 22 July 2013
I love the iPod 5 can listen to all my favourite music and play some great games along with going on the Internet and checking my emails. It's been a real life saver for me as got an illness and its help lift my spirits I love it and think its amazing. Would recommend to anyone. Xx

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 5 Dec. 2013
If you want an iPad which you can fit in your pocket? This is a quality bit if kit, does pretty much everything an iPad does without the big screen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flawless, 30 Jun. 2013
After having an iPod touch 4th generation 32Gb, I really wasn't sure whether to upgrade to the 5th generation iPod touch but after trialling my friends I came to the decision i would.

Its stunning HD screen is flawless and makes the iPod Touch 5th Generation a pleasure to use, with its 1080p camera catching every special moment. The design of the this iPod touch improves greatly, with significant weight loss, the feel of this iPod is fantastic. With its new bigger screen you can now play and type on a bigger screen, I believe that this iPod touch has a longer battery life then its younger gen. However I think that is arguable in ways. The iPod touch 5th gen has to offer large space of memory which lets you download all the songs/videos/apps you want without using all the memory.

Overall, I struggle to find a flaw to this iPod so realistically I can state that if you have the money and want to upgrade then do. But if you are to purchase this, make a good choice on how much memory you think you are to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, great service , happy customer :), 11 Aug. 2013
I previously bought an ipod touch 32 gb 4th generation back in autumn 2010 when it was released - from amazon as well- that ipod still works perfectly fine but i have noticed the battery life has waned a lot lately and needs more frequent charging so i decided to treat myself to a new one.

I have gone with amazon again and im delighted i have. In the past , i would have been wary of ordering electronics from abroad and delivered through the postal service to me in Ireland , but i have found such concerns arent warranted. The goods always come well packaged and work fine from amazon.

Plus, the pricing is a no- brainer on amazon. I could have paid 345 euro for this at argos here in ireland or ordered from apple.ie for 330 euro but why would i when i can get it for 250 euro delivered from amazon. That's pretty much an 80 -95 euro saving - so big saving there.

I am really impressed with amazon's service and delivery . The product was ordered monday and i had it thursday despite it not being due to arrive til monday or tuesday next week. excellent service

As for the ipod itself, well it exactly as you'd expect- a great piece of apple kit. The design is sleeker and very like the iphone 5. Alot less bulky than the previous 4th generation model i had. the screen is definitely sharper too. The camera is a huge step up and the sound quality is a bit sharper than the last too.

Overall , im very happy with the product and amazon's excellent service and the huge saving i have made

4.0 out of 5 stars Comparing the iPod Touch with the iPod Classic, 21 April 2015
JLH (Clacton, England) - See all my reviews
I purchased this to replace my 6 year old Classic. My Classic is still usable in a dock but the battery is no longer holding it's charge for long. Without going into the whole story, I did some homework and decided it may be a good idea to get a new iPod. The Classic is now discontinued. I believe the Classic contains an internal hard disc but I think the Touch's memory is run by a different means (less moving components). Please post a comment if you can substantiate this, or let me know I am mistaken. I have noticed that, due to the differences in the operating system, the Touch takes longer to start up from 'off' compared to the Classic. This is simply an observation and is not really a problem. I like the Classic, it is very intuitive to use and has a very large memory. But it has to be said the screen is very small and depending on your eyesight you have to get quite close to read what tracks are playing etc.
I shopped around looking at the various options, bearing in mind that my main reason for obtaining this was to hold my music collection which took up around 40GB of my old 120GB Classic. I looked at players in general hoping to get one with easily replaceable batteries, but it seems it is only the cheaper, low capacity ones that are available with this type of battery.
I kept dithering whether to 'go down this avenue' for ages. I asked several questions to previous customers via Amazon (thanks to all those who replied) to try to come to a conclusion. At the end of the day I kept getting drawn back to the Touch model due to it's capacity and large screen and Bluetooth capability.
I already have an iPad (though I have never used it for music playback) and basically the iPod touch is a very small version of the iPad, using the same operating system, but with the 64GB Touch, it has twice the memory of the largest capacity iPad. Taking into account the amount of memory used for the operating system you are left with around 53GB which is more than enough for my needs. The biggest drawback is that, if you just want this for music, you are buying a lot of stuff you don't need like the camera and most of the other apps. Unlike the Classic the Touch does have a built in speaker. It is a bit 'tinny' but I suppose that is to be expected. It's OK to test your set up, maybe some gaming if you are into that- that kind of thing, but not great quality for music playback.
After the Classic, this one is taking a little while getting used too. I don't think it will take me long to find it as easy to use as the Classic, though I have experienced a few learning curve hitches. For example, with the Classic it had a Backlight' setting which you can set between 'Off' in steps to 'Always-On' The Touch has much the same thing but it is called 'Auto-Lock'. This did cause me some confusion until I stumbled on the answer. I know I have an iPad but I never had occasion to use this particular setting.
I purchased a Bluetooth enabled dock and I must say I do find this very enjoyable to use. It is nice to be able to glance at the Touch's screen from my armchair to see what's playing, or to change the music at a quick touch etc, though of course the battery would need to be topped up separately if you mainly use Bluetooth.
Over all a good design, but I think there is an unfulfilled slot in the market for a large capacity, large screened player for music playback with easily changeable batteries. If anyone out there knows of such a player please post a comment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing-Completely Flawless, 18 Dec. 2012
This is an amazing piece of electronics and I certainly do not regret this purchase. The Ipod has a spectacular and crisp display and was fast to respond. Thin and sleak design, A must buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good upgrade from an earlier model., 22 Aug. 2014
A. Marshall (Farnham, England) - See all my reviews
Recently bought this to replace a much earlier version with only 32 Gb that has lasted forever. How things have changed. 5th Gen has a brilliant display, somewhat larger than before, although the whole unit is slimmer with the usual sleek Apple design. Love the Aluminium back, have'nt tried out the camera etc., as I only really want it to play music and perhaps some films. Playing Jazz on the unit surprised me with how good the quality is, even compared with the Cowon Z2. The user interface, and the ability to generate playlists manually and easily, or using Genius, is a big deal for me and works flawlessly. I'm glad I upgraded to this model and it's close to perfect for me and is currently storing 5000+ tracks. I still like thcle Cowon for video replays as it plays nearly any format by copying from the PC.