5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, great service , happy customer :)
I previously bought an ipod touch 32 gb 4th generation back in autumn 2010 when it was released - from amazon as well- that ipod still works perfectly fine but i have noticed the battery life has waned a lot lately and needs more frequent charging so i decided to treat myself to a new one.

I have gone with amazon again and im delighted i have. In the past , i...
Published 12 months ago by Fjireland

3.0 out of 5 stars very good upgrade....but has its flaws
The sound quality of this ipod is excellent,the earphones that are included are brilliant and comfy. The new size is so much better for small hands like mine. very light weight, and the colour is cool! the screen is flawless, and the battery time is much longer than ipod's before. the biggest problem with this is the usb connecter....beware this will not fit any ipod...
Published 21 months ago by musicmaniac23

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, great service , happy customer :), 11 Aug 2013

I have gone with amazon again and im delighted i have. In the past , i would have been wary of ordering electronics from abroad and delivered through the postal service to me in Ireland , but i have found such concerns arent warranted. The goods always come well packaged and work fine from amazon.

Plus, the pricing is a no- brainer on amazon. I could have paid 345 euro for this at argos here in ireland or ordered from apple.ie for 330 euro but why would i when i can get it for 250 euro delivered from amazon. That's pretty much an 80 -95 euro saving - so big saving there.

I am really impressed with amazon's service and delivery . The product was ordered monday and i had it thursday despite it not being due to arrive til monday or tuesday next week. excellent service

As for the ipod itself, well it exactly as you'd expect- a great piece of apple kit. The design is sleeker and very like the iphone 5. Alot less bulky than the previous 4th generation model i had. the screen is definitely sharper too. The camera is a huge step up and the sound quality is a bit sharper than the last too.

Overall , im very happy with the product and amazon's excellent service and the huge saving i have made

5.0 out of 5 stars Flawless, 30 Jun 2013
After having an iPod touch 4th generation 32Gb, I really wasn't sure whether to upgrade to the 5th generation iPod touch but after trialling my friends I came to the decision i would.

Its stunning HD screen is flawless and makes the iPod Touch 5th Generation a pleasure to use, with its 1080p camera catching every special moment. The design of the this iPod touch improves greatly, with significant weight loss, the feel of this iPod is fantastic. With its new bigger screen you can now play and type on a bigger screen, I believe that this iPod touch has a longer battery life then its younger gen. However I think that is arguable in ways. The iPod touch 5th gen has to offer large space of memory which lets you download all the songs/videos/apps you want without using all the memory.

Overall, I struggle to find a flaw to this iPod so realistically I can state that if you have the money and want to upgrade then do. But if you are to purchase this, make a good choice on how much memory you think you are to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 22 July 2013
This review is from: Apple iPod touch 32GB 5th Generation - Blue  (Latest Model - Launched Sept 2012) (Electronics)
I love the iPod 5 can listen to all my favourite music and play some great games along with going on the Internet and checking my emails. It's been a real life saver for me as got an illness and its help lift my spirits I love it and think its amazing. Would recommend to anyone. Xx

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy upgrade for a solid piece of kit, 20 May 2014
C. J. Donegan "Wonder fan" (Stirling) - See all my reviews
The latest, though were talking 2012 launch, version of the iPod touch is a sleek and good looking addition to the range. With all the features of IOS 7 and now with blue tooth. Personally the IPhone 5 is the best option if you want the iPod touch and a phone to save carrying too many gadgets and the phone also gets you 3G or 4G to use the internet but the wireless feature on the iPod allows you to do pretty much everything the phone does including getting your mail and watching TV or movies and listening to the radio.

It is still the best on the market, goodness knows what the 6th generation will do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing-Completely Flawless, 18 Dec 2012
This is an amazing piece of electronics and I certainly do not regret this purchase. The Ipod has a spectacular and crisp display and was fast to respond. Thin and sleak design, A must buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 16 Mar 2013
Absolutely brilliant. The size of the screen is much better then the 4th gen, and the graphics are amazing. The camera is extremely good, especially now that it has a flash. Memory is so big that I dont think I will need to worry about space any more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 7 Aug 2013
So happy i chose to buy this! It has a new slick design, very lightweight and very thin with a longer and much better screen, and has a lot more features. The camera has such a high resolution it's brilliant, and Siri is hilarious on it, sending you straight to the app you want when you say it which is nice. It is also louder than it's predecessors so i won't have the problem of it being to quiet when i'm in a group and want to play music from my iPod. The only problem really is that I've had to buy a lightning to 30 pin adapter so i can use it with my 4th generation accessories. My docking station pulls my iPod inside and because the iPod is taller, it doesn't fit which is quite annoying, but it isn't a big deal. Definitely recommend this to everybody!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 5 Dec 2013
If you want an iPad which you can fit in your pocket? This is a quality bit if kit, does pretty much everything an iPad does without the big screen.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Ipod is a life changer!, 6 Jan 2014
I am very new to technology and hoped in my retirement to have time to explore. I just love this Ipod. It can do everything and now I've downloaded the user-guide I can actually understand most of it. The Ipod is easy to use - very good sound quality. The screen is not too small for clumsy hands.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Ipod yet, 7 Mar 2014
This is the fastest delivered item I have purchased yet. It came the very next day although I selected standard delivery so very impressed with that aspect of the service. The item was also packaged well and again very happy with the service provided through Amazon.
In regards to the product, as many people have advised below the Ipod is the best yet. It has the same features as the IPhone 5 without the calling facility. The initial set up is fairly straight forward but because I have not owned an Apple product before I didn’t realise that card and address details were required in order to use the Apple Store. I'm not comfortable with this as I do not like sharing my personal details or have them stored on an apple server somewhere. All I wanted out of this IPod was the music facilities and free apps. I guess I’m use to using google play store where you only provide details if you make a purchase from the market.
The IPod itself is very slim indeed and yes slimmer than the iPhone 5 which I was impressed with. As a figure of speech the IPod is light as a feather. So if it drops out of your pocket you will barely notice as its very light.
The retina screen is amazing and the overall sound quality from the product gets 10/10 from me.
The only disadvantage I noticed so far is that it doesn’t give battery percentage as previous models and after googling this It has been confirmed that no battery percentage indicator is part of the firmware so you cannot tell how much battery life you have left unless you have an app stored for this feature. This is rather disappointing as it’s a basic feature which should have been included as part of the new firmware update. The only way to notice the battery is low is when a pop up appears on screen to say the IPod only has 20% left.
Some people have complained about the battery life but I have managed to easily squeeze 2 days out of it with moderate use so far. This includes playing a game, listening to music for a few hours and browsing the web. I guess if you are the type of person who uses it whenever you get a chance then the battery will not be a complaint from your part. However, if you are amongst those that constantly uses their devices without putting it down then I guess you may be disappointed. But with the size of this IPod and the fact it is generally used for music I'm abit confused in regards to what people expect from a device. Surely if you are going to be a heavy user then you are bound to drain the battery. But then again even if you had a car battery attached to your IPod heavy users would still manage to murder the battery within hours.....lolss (no offence).
The IPod itself is very responsive and a lot faster than previous models. But keep in mind it only has 500mb Ram but nevertheless it’s as smooth as the IPhone 5 version which has 1gb of Ram installed.
The camera has also improved on this model but please keep in mind this was designed for a music player and any additional features are a bonus. I guess people who are picky will bound to find a fault in anything so take reviews including this one with a pinch of salt.
The IPod comes with a wristband, an usb cable WITHOUT the wall socket charger and some ear phones. The ear phones are crystal clear but as they come free the quality is simply to that standard. I guess if you have made a decision to purchase this item you should also look at the Monster Turbine Pearl headphones which I managed to pick up for £88 (if you do the US to Uk conversion) from Amazon.com (the American site). The sound quality is AMAZINGGGG on these ear phones but I shall provide a separate review on that once I have burned them in. You will not do this IPod any justice if you use rubbish earphones.
Overall I have to say initial reaction is positive and people should not hesitate to purchase this item. As this item in curry’s/Argos was £220 when I last checked and so you are getting it a lot cheaper via Amazon. Also I do apologise for not providing an in-depth review of this item, however reading through a lot of the reviews have been very helpful indeed in making the choice of purchasing this. You will not be disappointed that’s for sure but I shall provide an update at some point as I only just managed to play around with it. Hence the vague review for this item.
Happy buying people and hope you also enjoy this Ipod as much as the rest of us.