1,486 Reviews
 (1,055)

4.0 out of 5 stars Apple's tiny but impressive iPod, though a few niggles
I bought one of these for a friend who wanted a good quality mp3 player, and is a bit of an Apple fan (ie they like their stuff)
First thing that hits you is just how tiny this little beast is, it's a mere 5mm thick too which makes it very portable and easy to carry around.

It's a very solid player overall, though it's not cheap...
A quick summary of...
Published 10 months ago by Mr Baz

1.0 out of 5 stars Im really disappointed with this
Im really disappointed with this...this is my 3rd iPod and its totally not as good as the others...
-it doesn't lock
-it doesn't have a voice record
-it has no speaker
-its annoying cos it always goes back to the first screen
-theres no (non-touch screen) volume
-the battery dies really quickly
-the sounds not very good...

the...
Published 1 month ago by Vicky Rainbow

4.0 out of 5 stars Apple's tiny but impressive iPod, though a few niggles, 9 Jun. 2014
Mr Baz - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

It's a very solid player overall, though it's not cheap...
A quick summary of the good and bad points

Good:
+ Very compact, nicely made case feels quality in the hand
+ Headphones much improved over previous Apple buds (new "Earpods" are quite good) though not as good as some stand alone sets
+ Screen is a fairly respectable 2.5" 432x240 pixel display quite sharp and clear, very good touch screen response quite accurate
+ Pedometer is built in if you fancy keeping track of your fitness/walking
+ Bluetooth 4.0, range is excellent and I had no problems with streaming music

Not so hot:
- Radio function is a bit crude, lacking presets and no auto search (also requires the headphones to be plugged in) It does have a live pause function though (which is unusual and useful)
- Wifi would be handy (maybe the next version)
- Have to use iTunes to sync, drag and drop can be handy for video

Other notes:
Lightning connector is a change from the older iPods so you have to buy an adapter (which isn't cheap) to fit most iPod docks. However you do have bluetooth which can make that a non issue.
Battery life is good for music playback (Apple say about 30 hours it's not far off that) expect a fair bit less with video playback though (enough to watch a movie or 2 at best, say 3 hours or so)

You can watch movies and look at photos (display is quite reasonable for movie watching but it's not super high res either)
Sound quality is good, though not high end audio by any means. Some people will find the new Earpods not their taste, I get on ok with them but some friends are not keen at all. Comfort wise it's down to taste.

It's quite a simple player in many ways no fancy features really, but it does the job well overall. Price wise, there are certainly cheaper options out there, but many feel Apple deliver in terms of quality and style.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great if you're holding out for an Iphone..., 28 Dec. 2012
I bought this on a whim yesterday to replace my third generation Ipod Touch. After three years with the touch I realised that I never use wifi, I never download apps, I never watch movies and I never play games. All I want is a touch screen music player. With the same memory as my old 16gb Ipod Touch, this does the job.

Whereas with the Ipod Touch I constantly guilt-tripped myself for not making the most out of it's fancy functions (apps, wifi etc.) the very fact that you cannot download extra things on this 7th generation nano, is comforting. Saying that, if you're really into your internet browsing, app-usage and game playing then steer clear of the nano.

Further, I'm sure many of you, like me, are waiting for your mobile phone contract to end so you can sign up for an Iphone. With a year to go on my current phone contract this provides a great transition to an Iphone. I won't feel like I've wasted my money on this Ipod when I eventually get an Iphone because this is a music player, pure and simple. In my eyes, buying an Ipod Touch and signing up for an Iphone contract would have been a complete waste of money as they are fairly similar.

So for me, this works but as with anything it totally depends on what you want from the product. I just like listening to music and for that, the sound quality is great. However, one thing I will say is that if you are used to a decent pair of headphones, then the new earpod headphones that come with the nano are a little disappointing. However, this isn't really a problem as you can always hook up your preferred headphones to the device.

5.0 out of 5 stars my ipod, 11 July 2013
This review is from: Apple iPod nano 16GB 7th Generation - Slate (Latest Model - Launched Sept 2012) (Electronics)
I think its a great little piece of electronic equipment, it may surprise you to learn that I am 80 years old but I love pop music of all kinds, I previously had an mp 3 player but this does far more ...

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!!, 7 Jan. 2013
I absolutely love this product, it is perfect. Nice sleek design, nice colour, easy to use and good sound quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars fast, 2 Nov. 2013
Looks great small and light brilliant present for my girlfriend and very quick to get to me would recommend to others

5.0 out of 5 stars iPod nano 7th generation, 16 Feb. 2013
Phil (Lot France) - See all my reviews
Just "Brilliant". Can get so much music on it. Large screen makes it easy to operate even for the likes of me with glasses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Nano Yet !, 3 Mar. 2014
This is by far the best nano to date. It is easy to use with the touch screen making quick access to your music and settings. The volume control/pause play buttons on the side are a great feature. I would recommend this to anybody who loves music.

5.0 out of 5 stars bobsmith, 4 Nov. 2013
its a very light ipod and small enough to go in a pocket
its got a good tone
would recommend for any age

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little music player., 5 Dec. 2014
Neat little bint. Ok I must confess I actually have the original, the very first ipod. It had 20GB of space and I remember boasting to people that I would never, ever need this much space. I was an early adaptor. It was an imperfect beast, rather prone to freezing, but still a revolution in music carrying. That was when they used MusicMatch for their music player/synch mechanism - way before iTunes. MM was great, ripped really fast, very easy to upload music. Then they brought in iTunes. Did not like it. Everything became harder.

20GB makes me laugh now - my android phone holds almost twice as much. I have an ipod classic now, which holds 160GB and my library still holds more. (But then I do rip at 320.) All my vinyl, tapes, cds, now ripped. I have a LOT of music over the years.

To be honest Cowan have better music players, but their interface is absolute tortuous crap and their players seriously flawed - so for ease of use, Apple still nail it. And no one does the portable big drives anymore. Not even Apple unfortunately (RIP Classic).

I bought this to walk and exercise to, and also play in the car. It is a baby. It is dinky, It is quite simply fantastic. Holds a mass of music, plays video, and has a radio, and is Bluetooth, so I can pair it with my Bose mini speaker or bluetooth headphones for sound wherever I am in the house. Pretty neat. The sound is good, the design and interface is great (as always with Apple), and it is pretty much light as a feather and looks like something AI will buy roses and chocolates for when it has decimated organic life.

I still hate iTunes though. I use MediaMonkey as a music manager, (MusicMatch was killed by Yahoo) which makes ripping/managing/copying tracks as easy as using Explorer.

If you want to buy a neat little, nay beautiful, music player without enrolling in the succubus of iTunes content control ware, then go ahead and buy this. Download MediaMonkey and bypass iTunes.

You are buying the hardware, not the corporation content goals. It is not as effortless as my android devices which just allow me to drag and drop music, video, directly on the device, without any media manager, but it is a sweet tiny light little device beautifully designed, so somehow, I still applaud Apple for that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 8 Jan. 2014
This was bought for an elderly relative (80) and he has no problems finding and playing albums on this, if you don't need to use wifi or download then this is just the ticket, simple to use.