1,385 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Apples tiny but impressive iPod, though a few niggles
I bought one of these for a friend who wanted a good quality mp3 player, and is a bit of an Apple fan (ie they like their stuff)
First thing that hits you is just how tiny this little beast is, it's a mere 5mm thick too which makes it very portable and easy to carry around.

It's a very solid player overall, though it's not cheap...
A quick summary of...
Published 8 months ago by Mr Baz

3.0 out of 5 stars Please Allow for Dummies
Published 3 months ago by H. FISK

4.0 out of 5 stars Apples tiny but impressive iPod, though a few niggles, 9 Jun. 2014
Mr Baz - See all my reviews
(#1 REVIEWER)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)

It's a very solid player overall, though it's not cheap...
A quick summary of the good and bad points

Good:
+ Very compact, nicely made case feels quality in the hand
+ Headphones much improved over previous Apple buds (new "Earpods" are quite good) though not as good as some stand alone sets
+ Screen is a fairly respectable 2.5" 432x240 pixel display quite sharp and clear, very good touch screen response quite accurate
+ Pedometer is built in if you fancy keeping track of your fitness/walking
+ Bluetooth 4.0, range is excellent and I had no problems with streaming music

Not so hot:
- Radio function is a bit crude, lacking presets and no auto search (also requires the headphones to be plugged in) It does have a live pause function though (which is unusual and useful)
- Wifi would be handy (maybe the next version)
- Have to use iTunes to sync, drag and drop can be handy for video

Other notes:
Lightning connector is a change from the older iPods so you have to buy an adapter (which isn't cheap) to fit most iPod docks. However you do have bluetooth which can make that a non issue.
Battery life is good for music playback (Apple say about 30 hours it's not far off that) expect a fair bit less with video playback though (enough to watch a movie or 2 at best, say 3 hours or so)

You can watch movies and look at photos (display is quite reasonable for movie watching but it's not super high res either)
Sound quality is good, though not high end audio by any means. Some people will find the new Earpods not their taste, I get on ok with them but some friends are not keen at all. Comfort wise it's down to taste.

It's quite a simple player in many ways no fancy features really, but it does the job well overall. Price wise, there are certainly cheaper options out there, but many feel Apple deliver in terms of quality and style.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!!, 7 Jan. 2013
I absolutely love this product, it is perfect. Nice sleek design, nice colour, easy to use and good sound quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great if you're holding out for an Iphone..., 28 Dec. 2012
I bought this on a whim yesterday to replace my third generation Ipod Touch. After three years with the touch I realised that I never use wifi, I never download apps, I never watch movies and I never play games. All I want is a touch screen music player. With the same memory as my old 16gb Ipod Touch, this does the job.

Whereas with the Ipod Touch I constantly guilt-tripped myself for not making the most out of it's fancy functions (apps, wifi etc.) the very fact that you cannot download extra things on this 7th generation nano, is comforting. Saying that, if you're really into your internet browsing, app-usage and game playing then steer clear of the nano.

Further, I'm sure many of you, like me, are waiting for your mobile phone contract to end so you can sign up for an Iphone. With a year to go on my current phone contract this provides a great transition to an Iphone. I won't feel like I've wasted my money on this Ipod when I eventually get an Iphone because this is a music player, pure and simple. In my eyes, buying an Ipod Touch and signing up for an Iphone contract would have been a complete waste of money as they are fairly similar.

So for me, this works but as with anything it totally depends on what you want from the product. I just like listening to music and for that, the sound quality is great. However, one thing I will say is that if you are used to a decent pair of headphones, then the new earpod headphones that come with the nano are a little disappointing. However, this isn't really a problem as you can always hook up your preferred headphones to the device.

5.0 out of 5 stars my ipod, 11 July 2013
This review is from: Apple iPod nano 16GB 7th Generation - Slate (Latest Model - Launched Sept 2012) (Electronics)
I think its a great little piece of electronic equipment, it may surprise you to learn that I am 80 years old but I love pop music of all kinds, I previously had an mp 3 player but this does far more ...

5.0 out of 5 stars fast, 2 Nov. 2013
Looks great small and light brilliant present for my girlfriend and very quick to get to me would recommend to others

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Nano Yet !, 3 Mar. 2014
This is by far the best nano to date. It is easy to use with the touch screen making quick access to your music and settings. The volume control/pause play buttons on the side are a great feature. I would recommend this to anybody who loves music.

3.0 out of 5 stars Please Allow for Dummies, 23 Nov. 2014
H. FISK "Vic F" (Rural Shropshire) - See all my reviews
Bought as a present for my wife. OK so far but downloading iTunes and synching etc were problematic and took me a while. I realise a) this is mainly an Apple problem and not Amazon and b) I am not the most computer literate person but if Amazon are going to be a major retail outlet for Apple products then some more comprehensive instructions on setting up would be appreciated. Download iTunes, plug in your device and follow the on-screen instructions (non-existent) does not help a lot. For anyone without previous experience (I have had two iPods myself and it seemed a lot easier for both of them) it could be a bit of a nightmare.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 8 Jan. 2014
This was bought for an elderly relative (80) and he has no problems finding and playing albums on this, if you don't need to use wifi or download then this is just the ticket, simple to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little machine., 16 Mar. 2014
My nano goes with me everywhere and has the dents and scratches to prove it. Nice, simple and intuitive display, great sound, fantastic battery life. The radio is great and I use it all the time. All in all a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars bobsmith, 4 Nov. 2013
its a very light ipod and small enough to go in a pocket
its got a good tone
would recommend for any age