1,046 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Great if you're holding out for an Iphone...
I bought this on a whim yesterday to replace my third generation Ipod Touch. After three years with the touch I realised that I never use wifi, I never download apps, I never watch movies and I never play games. All I want is a touch screen music player. With the same memory as my old 16gb Ipod Touch, this does the job.

Whereas with the Ipod Touch I constantly...
Published 21 months ago by K

1.0 out of 5 stars The buttons on the top and side no longer work
I've had this ipod for less than 6 months and the buttons on the top and side no longer work----what's more when I have tried to return the item ( as it's less than a year old) I find that amazon don't seem to want to help...I'm devastated...all I can find on the web site is that after 30 days or so there is no way of doing so.. I can't even find the web address of...
Published 16 months ago by Mrs Catherine Donaldson

4.0 out of 5 stars Great if you're holding out for an Iphone..., 28 Dec 2012

Whereas with the Ipod Touch I constantly guilt-tripped myself for not making the most out of it's fancy functions (apps, wifi etc.) the very fact that you cannot download extra things on this 7th generation nano, is comforting. Saying that, if you're really into your internet browsing, app-usage and game playing then steer clear of the nano.

Further, I'm sure many of you, like me, are waiting for your mobile phone contract to end so you can sign up for an Iphone. With a year to go on my current phone contract this provides a great transition to an Iphone. I won't feel like I've wasted my money on this Ipod when I eventually get an Iphone because this is a music player, pure and simple. In my eyes, buying an Ipod Touch and signing up for an Iphone contract would have been a complete waste of money as they are fairly similar.

So for me, this works but as with anything it totally depends on what you want from the product. I just like listening to music and for that, the sound quality is great. However, one thing I will say is that if you are used to a decent pair of headphones, then the new earpod headphones that come with the nano are a little disappointing. However, this isn't really a problem as you can always hook up your preferred headphones to the device.

4.0 out of 5 stars Apples tiny but impressive iPod, though a few niggles, 9 Jun 2014
Mr Baz - See all my reviews
(#1 REVIEWER)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Apple iPod nano 16GB, 7th Generation - Silver (Electronics)
I bought one of these for a friend who wanted a good quality mp3 player, and is a bit of an Apple fan (ie they like their stuff)
First thing that hits you is just how tiny this little beast is, it's a mere 5mm thick too which makes it very portable and easy to carry around.

It's a very solid player overall, though it's not cheap...
A quick summary of the good and bad points

Good:
+ Very compact, nicely made case feels quality in the hand
+ Headphones much improved over previous Apple buds (new "Earpods" are quite good) though not as good as some stand alone sets
+ Screen is a fairly respectable 2.5" 432x240 pixel display quite sharp and clear, very good touch screen response quite accurate
+ Pedometer is built in if you fancy keeping track of your fitness/walking
+ Bluetooth 4.0, range is excellent and I had no problems with streaming music

Not so hot:
- Radio function is a bit crude, lacking presets and no auto search (also required the headphones to be plugged in) It does have a live pause function though (which is unusual and useful)
- Wifi would be handy (maybe the next version)
- Have to use iTunes to sync, drag and drop can be handy for video

Other notes:
Lightning connector is a change from the older iPods so you have to buy an adapter (which isn't cheap) to fit most iPod docks. However you do have bluetooth which can make that a non issue.
Battery life is good for music playback (Apple say about 30 hours it's not far off that) expect a fair bit less with video playback though (enough to watch a movie or 2 at best, say 3 hours or so)

You can watch movies and look at photos (display is quite reasonable for movie watching but it's not super high res either)
Sound quality is good, though not high end audio by any means. Some people will find the new Earpods not their taste, I get on ok with them but some friends are not keen at all. Comfort wise it's down to taste.

It's quite a simple player in many ways no fancy features really, but it does the job well overall. Price wise, there are certainly cheaper options out there, but many feel Apple deliver in terms of quality and style.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 8 Jan 2014
This was bought for an elderly relative (80) and he has no problems finding and playing albums on this, if you don't need to use wifi or download then this is just the ticket, simple to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Nano Yet !, 3 Mar 2014
This is by far the best nano to date. It is easy to use with the touch screen making quick access to your music and settings. The volume control/pause play buttons on the side are a great feature. I would recommend this to anybody who loves music.

5.0 out of 5 stars my ipod, 11 July 2013
I think its a great little piece of electronic equipment, it may surprise you to learn that I am 80 years old but I love pop music of all kinds, I previously had an mp 3 player but this does far more ...

5.0 out of 5 stars fast, 2 Nov 2013
Looks great small and light brilliant present for my girlfriend and very quick to get to me would recommend to others

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!!, 7 Jan 2013
I absolutely love this product, it is perfect. Nice sleek design, nice colour, easy to use and good sound quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use mp3 player, 4 Sep 2013
This ipod is set up exactly like itunes, so you can easily choose which music you play by genre, playlist, album, etc. I also listen to the radio quite a bit and it's very easy to search for local stations and star your favourite channels so you can just skip to the next one. I did try the fitness thing while I was walking, it's quite novel but not something I personally will use often. I can't comment on the Photos or podcast options because I haven't used them yet. Simple to turn on/off - just hold the button at the top, and to wake it up if the screen has gone blank, just click the same button quickly. Volume can either be put up/down using the buttons on the side, or by sliding the bar on the screen. The quality of the videos and sound is fantastic and I'm really pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little machine., 16 Mar 2014
My nano goes with me everywhere and has the dents and scratches to prove it. Nice, simple and intuitive display, great sound, fantastic battery life. The radio is great and I use it all the time. All in all a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but mighty, 12 Mar 2014
Multifunctional and now holding ALL of my favourite music! Only wish it had the clip for running as on the past model.