1,235 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Apples tiny but impressive iPod, though a few niggles
I bought one of these for a friend who wanted a good quality mp3 player, and is a bit of an Apple fan (ie they like their stuff)
First thing that hits you is just how tiny this little beast is, it's a mere 5mm thick too which makes it very portable and easy to carry around.

It's a very solid player overall, though it's not cheap...
A quick summary of...
Published 6 months ago by Mr Baz

3.0 out of 5 stars Please Allow for Dummies
Bought as a present for my wife. OK so far but downloading iTunes and synching etc were problematic and took me a while. I realise a) this is mainly an Apple problem and not Amazon and b) I am not the most computer literate person but if Amazon are going to be a major retail outlet for Apple products then some more comprehensive instructions on setting up would be...
Published 1 month ago by H. FISK

5.0 out of 5 stars bobsmith, 4 Nov 2013
This review is from: Apple iPod nano 16GB, 7th Generation - Green (Electronics)
its a very light ipod and small enough to go in a pocket
its got a good tone
would recommend for any age

5.0 out of 5 stars iPod nano 7th generation, 16 Feb 2013
Carol (Lot France) - See all my reviews
Just "Brilliant". Can get so much music on it. Large screen makes it easy to operate even for the likes of me with glasses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 27 Aug 2014
My husband loved it for fathers day. He was fed up with the battery life dying on his mp3 so to make his days at work a bit better I purchashed this for him. As far as I know it lasts longer than 8 hours. He uses it from when he leaves the house at 7:30am uses it at work for 8 hours and then afterwards whilst he's at the gym and back home for 7pm. Worth the money for a happy husband!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it., 18 April 2014
Another excellent buy from Amazon Warehouse. Bought to replace a defunct one and very pleased with latest model. Very easy to use, only down side is the lightening plug differs now from the older models so it wont dock on docking stations without the purchase of an expensive adapter bought via Apple. Yet another way for Apple to extract more money from us!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little music player., 5 Dec 2014
Neat little bint. Ok I must confess I actually have the original, the very first ipod. It had 20GB of space and I remember boasting to people that I would never, ever need this much space. I was an early adaptor. It was an imperfect beast, rather prone to freezing, but still a revolution in music carrying. That was when they used MusicMatch for their music player/synch mechanism - way before iTunes. MM was great, ripped really fast, very easy to upload music. Then they brought in iTunes. Did not like it. Everything became harder.

20GB makes me laugh now - my android phone holds almost twice as much. I have an ipod classic now, which holds 160GB and my library still holds more. (But then I do rip at 320.) All my vinyl, tapes, cds, now ripped. I have a LOT of music over the years.

To be honest Cowan have better music players, but their interface is absolute tortuous crap and their players seriously flawed - so for ease of use, Apple still nail it. And no one does the portable big drives anymore. Not even Apple unfortunately (RIP Classic).

I bought this to walk and exercise to, and also play in the car. It is a baby. It is dinky, It is quite simply fantastic. Holds a mass of music, plays video, and has a radio, and is Bluetooth, so I can pair it with my Bose mini speaker or bluetooth headphones for sound wherever I am in the house. Pretty neat. The sound is good, the design and interface is great (as always with Apple), and it is pretty much light as a feather and looks like something AI will buy roses and chocolates for when it has decimated organic life.

I still hate iTunes though. I use MediaMonkey as a music manager, (MusicMatch was killed by Yahoo) which makes ripping/managing/copying tracks as easy as using Explorer.

If you want to buy a neat little, nay beautiful, music player without enrolling in the succubus of iTunes content control ware, then go ahead and buy this. Download MediaMonkey and bypass iTunes.

You are buying the hardware, not the corporation content goals. It is not as effortless as my android devices which just allow me to drag and drop music, video, directly on the device, without any media manager, but it is a sweet tiny light little device beautifully designed, so somehow, I still applaud Apple for that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little companion, 19 Jan 2014
Wanted something small and light for when I take the dog out. Simple to operate but I needed help to set it up ( I am not very IT). As for the seller, the delivery time was well in advance of suggested delivery date. All round very happy to recommend it

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvellous!, 11 Jun 2013
I was relying on the description from Amazon only when I bought this ipod but once I saw it I was bowled over. It is a tiny pretty thing but powerful system. It is effective and crisp clear even near a construction site! I have not missed a beat to any of my songs so far. As I was eager to own it, the supplier did not disappoint and delivered it on time. I am like a child in a sweet shop on itunes now filling the ipod nano with new songs. It was equally easy to transfer my old CDs. Am dancing away!

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke on second charge, 24 Jun 2014
Used this (as I do with all our Apple products) exactly according to instructions. Second time I charged the unit, it broke down completely, not charging - dead. Only used the unit a few times; it gave me the impression it was not quite up to Apple's usual high standards, so was glad to leave things there when Amazon offered me a full refund (i.e. won't be replacing this purchase).

5.0 out of 5 stars A great purchase!, 12 April 2013
Wanted an iPod for ages and couldn't decide which to buy. I didn't like the original nano because it was too small, but this one is great. The only issue really is what other people have said is that you have to buy a Lightning adapter to allow it to work on existing docks. Other than that it is great, easy to use in typical Apple style and looks great in the slate colour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the box, 22 Aug 2013
Was bought as a gift for an elderly friend who is abysmally untechy. She found it easy to use and so far is very pleased with it. Seems particularly suitable for people who want something realtively simple without all the bells and whistles other options have.