5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Cover
Bought this when I got my iPhone 5 when it first came out, only now adding the review but would like to say it has been a fantastic cover and is still on my phone today.

I would recommend it to anyone. Very nice design, sturdy and a good protector for my iPhone 5.
Published 19 months ago by Andrew Hamilton

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Case but having reception issues?
Having just got my new iPhone 5, I wanted a case to protect it asap. There weren't many to choose from as the phone is so new, but this one looked like a good bet.

Have been using the case for a few days and cannot fault the look, feel and protective nature.

Published on 10 Oct. 2012 by M. A. Harrower

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Case but having reception issues?, 10 Oct. 2012
M. A. Harrower (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cygnett UrbanShield Hard Case with Screen Protector for iPhone 5 & 5s - Silver Storm (Accessory)

However I did notice that on my home wifi and on mobile reception, it was giving me intermittent problems, when compared to my old iPhone 4 and iPad2

This made me spend loads of time checking and reconfiguring my home wifi network, but to no avail.

I then tested reception with the Cygnett case on the phone and off the phone. I was surprised and disappointed to find that full reception without the case was immediately downgraded by almost half when the case was on. There were also intermittent drop outs with the case on. The same was true for mobile reception.

The case is fine when you are in the same room as the router but moving to another room, where the signal is marginally weaker, the case has a major detrimental effect.

Also tested on my wife's iPhone 5 and got same result. Then tested on work wifi network and found same result.

I purchased it from an Apple reseller so will be returning it for a refund, which is a shame. Is anyone else finding the same issues?

2.0 out of 5 stars Not functional, 6 Nov. 2012
The long edges are protected whereas the short edges on the top and bottom are not. If you accidentally drop your phone, the case will get scratched (as can be expected), but your iphone might also get scratched/dented because the top and bottom edges are exposed.

More aesthetically pleasing than it is functional--do not recommend.

2.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant looking case, let down by a fatal flaw, 19 Feb. 2013
This thing looks and feels amazing but unfortunately it interferes with the wifi reception. I think it is because of the metal back. Shame

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Cover, 14 Oct. 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what my new iPhone 5s needed, 28 Sept. 2013
CTID (Manchester) - See all my reviews
Case slips on nice and easy. It doesn't affect the mobile or wifi signal at all. It looks good, feels good and at less than a tenner is well worth it.
One star deducted as screen protector isn't cut right for 5s but I didn't buy it for the cheapo guard anyway

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks good but does not last, 4 July 2013
Chose for the looks. Looks good on phone and perfect fit. However after a few months the case snapped at top of phone without dropping it! So does not last.
Also significantly affects wifi performance- presum this is due to aluminium on back. Changed to a speck case and wifi far better now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great finish and make but hurts reception, 15 Mar. 2013
Ilian Hafouzov (Sofia, Bulgaria) - See all my reviews
The feel, make and finish of this case is great, makes your iPhone 5 look great. Slightly disappointed that not all the edges are covered (the top and bottom are exposed) and that the fibre-carbon back is not straight carbon-fibre but an insert (so it is laminated) - it looks good but you can't touch the carbon-fibre like a case for an older iPhone I used to have (although that one was more expensive).
Unfortunately, the case also lowers reception, especially WiFi - I guess there is aluminum underneath the carbon-fibre insert and around the edges. It is slight but in my home one of the rooms has poorer reception and with the case on the phone usually switches to 3G instead.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good solid product but..., 7 Mar. 2013
The silver face marks really easily, mine is two days old and is looking scratched and dented. Avoid if you want a pristine cover.

2.0 out of 5 stars Made to worry you, 15 Dec. 2012
Case fits well. Has the feel of soft rubber and works fine in gym etc. But the hard piece of plastic that is part of the cover and gives it stability is very hard to put on/take off and fits so tight that it inevitably will leave marks on phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Case Ever, 30 Sept. 2012
Just upgraded to iphone5 from 3GS. After trying many cases for the 3GS and never finding one that was right I have hit the jackpot 1st time with the iphone5

This case is light, stylish, adds little bulk or weight and fits perfectly

Yes, it' not cheap, but if I add up the cost of the multiple cover for my previous phone then it's a bargain

Just bought a iphone5? Get this case, you will not be disappointed