Colour Name: Black|Change

on 30 October 2012
This was ordered at the launch of the iPhone 5 when not too many bumper cases were available. It's now been replaced by a much better case (Speck PixelSkin HD) that was on back-order. These are my experiences of using it for a few weeks as a stop-gap:

Pros:
Not too many. It made me feel like the phone had some protection & my kids liked the smooth silicon back. But then...

Cons:
* It attracts dust horribly. Put it in a jacket or fleece pocket & it will come out covered in dust (Not so with the TPU case I had on my iPhone 4). Not great for taking photos if you have to re-fluff it first!

* Poor fit. The sides are floppy, allowing dust into the sides & back. Compared to previous iPhone4 case & its replacement, the Cygnett did not live up to its name - definitely NOT a SecondSkin. This is not a case I would trust to protect my phone if dropped.

* The screen protector was just awful: the earpiece/front camera cut-out was very badly aligned & the front button cut-out was an incomplete slot. Very poor & replaced when I got the new case.

All in all, I think the review title sums it up: there's better out there for the same money.
on 29 September 2012
This is a great iphone 5 case, covers everything as best it can including the volume buttons. It looks and feels high quality, fits perfectly around the phone and is very sleek. What more could i ask for....
on 23 March 2014
It is a very soft case that attracts dust like mad. The case also causes the phone to stick to your clothing when trying to remove from your pocket. Only positive is that it fits the phone well.
on 25 October 2012
I must have a different iphone5 to those that gave this case 5 stars! It was out of stock for a while, but arrived yesterday. First impressions were good, typical Cygnett packaging and instructions, but the actual product was poor. The fit around the phone was very loose - so loose that it came off at the bottom corner each time I took it out of my pocket. I suspect that in time it would just become too "floppy" to be of any use. It either needs to be slightly less flexible in construction or a tighter fit with a slightly larger "lip" around the phone. Anyway, it's going back for a refund, and I just cannot recommend it to anyone.
on 31 October 2012
Fits the iPhone5 just right, all buttons and switches work and are easily accessible. The screen covers are good too. Highly recommended.
on 9 October 2012
Not a useful case, returning it for refund.

Rubberised case is too loose and peels off at the slightest provocation. At one point, holding the phone at an angle, it almost fell out of the case. Not ideal for something that it supposed to protect the phone!

The product needs to be at least a millimeter or two smaller all round so it stretches snugly to fit.

The other reviewer has found it fits so perhaps I had a dud, but I doubt it.
on 21 March 2015
This is the second one of these I have bought as I upgraded my iphone. I love them - they keep my phone from sliding around when my son has it propped up on the table, and cushions it from knocks too. It's nice and slim too. Would definitely recommend.
on 21 October 2012
Bought this cover for my black iPhone 5, delivery was quick but in reality, the product is just another black bumper cover which only loosely fits around the phone and I'm sure the cheaper alternatives are just as good/better fitting
on 9 October 2012
Dust sticks onto the case extremely easily, and is very hard to get off. Furthermore, the case isn't very tight on the iphone, meaning even taking the iphone out of your jean pocket can sometimes lead to the case falling off.
on 11 October 2012
Perfect product, loved it from out of the box it fits perfectly and is very durable. only 4 start though because of late delivery. but apart from that AMAZING case and screen protector.