5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch
Excellent build quality, playabillity, and price. Works straight out of the box with Alchemy and iRig's Sample Tank and Grand Piano on iPad and Alchemy, Sample Tank, Garageband etc on iMac (Lion). Good 'feel' to the keys, solid controls.
Published on 25 Jan. 2013 by Gareth Price

3.0 out of 5 stars Problems with linking to iOS
Published 21 months ago by James Pavitt

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch, 25 Jan. 2013
Gareth Price (East Anglia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: iRig Keys Mini Keyboard Controller for iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad/Mac/PC (Wireless Phone Accessory)

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming keyboard, 10 May 2013
Sean (Co. Kildare, Ireland) - See all my reviews
I'm a noob when it comes to composing music, but instantly fell in love with the iRig.

It's light and compact, ideal for laying on my lap, it i gives a lovely feel and sensitivity to the keys. With space being tight, I can lay it on the side of the desktop.

So far, I've used this for Fruity Loops Studio and it's ideal. Very easy to setup the drivers and intuitive controls for adjusting the octaves, changing channels, volume, pitch etc. You'll be making music in no time.

One other big plus, is the fact it's portable and compatible with the iPod and iMac.

Highly recommended

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, but you need a Lightning adaptor to use with a newer iPad, 31 July 2014
Sammio (Oxford, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this to use with my iPad and the iGrand app, and for these, it excels - the sound and playability are excellent. Slight hesitation if you press the keys very gently, but it's still better response than any 'real' piano I have played (although I've not played any very good ones). Using iGrand, you can also play the keyboard even when the app is minimised, if you go into the iGrand settings and set it to play when minimised. This is very useful when playing along with video lessons on your iPad. It travels well, too - it's light and tough and I can sling it in an airline carry-on bag, although it's too long for a college backpack. You need an adaptor to use it with iPads with the new(ish) 'Lightning' port, because the cable it comes with has the wider, old-style 'iPhone 4S' plug. This adaptor is not cheap, at about £25, so frankly, you might as well buy the newer version of the keyboard, which comes with the Lightning adaptor and I've read actually sounds better. But anyway... Using this with iGrand on my iPhone, the sound is very noticeably rougher, so I'll stick with my iPad. I tried using this keyboard with my PC, and gave up in disgust -- no idea about how to get it to work, even after jumping through the interminable hoops required to download the 'right' version of the software. But maybe I'm missing something, and that's not what I bought it for anyway, so something to worry about another day. On the whole, a VERY good keyboard to learn on and noodle about with, if you have an iPad, and I see no need to upgrade it until I need something with a few more octaves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 25 Jan. 2013
Perfect addition to home studio set up. Functions with many non ios apps as well. Free sample tank 2L is a particularly welcome addition to package

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 31 Mar. 2013
Good product, very good quality. The irig yes is ideal for people who works with music and those who wants to learn too!

4.0 out of 5 stars I-Rig Keyboard, 17 Feb. 2014
Nice bit of kit works with Ipad/PC and Mac although I haven't got a Mac so I can't verify that. Comes bundled with the Amplitude Grand Piano app which is rather nice and works with Alchemy, and Sampletank. need to spend more time though testing wit audiobus. But so far it's good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall good, straightforward product, 5 Jan. 2014
Hit a slight glitch when my iMac didn't seem to 'recognise it' but after contacting applecare for advice this was quite simply sorted through settings.
Haven't yet managed to exploit any programming potential in the keyboard - using Logic Pro and still trying to get my head around that but since the keyboard is a relatively modest price from what seems to be (from my reading of many reviews for many of their products) a reputable company, I'm pretty sure that it's only persistence and time that's holding me back.
The keys are fine for me - it's a balance between having enough room to use the keyboard and not committing too much workspace to it. This fits the bill.
Why not 5 stars? well, maybe I'm a tad greedy and wanted everything to work from the start.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yep I love it, 25 Mar. 2013
Bought Irig keys to muck about with on the iPad and its brilliant I had not problem getting it to connect via various
music apps and I have about ten different progs it connected to all of them it's a good cheap controller.

4.0 out of 5 stars iKeys work well, 15 Sept. 2013
iKeys seems to be a well made keyboard that works well. It is though just a (clever) set of switches and what makes sounds is the software.
Hooked up to an iPhone with IK Multimedia Sample Tank and iKey performs well.
Trying to use a PC is not so easy. Sample Tank seems to be very difficult to get working. Most of the instructions are related to registration not making the thing work. Reading the forums it seems many others have the same problem. I still have not managed to get a sound out of the PC with iKeys.

So iKeys as a keyboard four stars
IK Multimedia software one star

3.0 out of 5 stars Problems with linking to iOS, 10 Oct. 2013
James Pavitt (Stratford-upon-Avon) - See all my reviews
I wanted this keyboard to link to my iPad through iOS. It arrived promptly but although I downloaded the iKeys apps (and already have Garage Band for Midi connection) it did not connect to my iPad or my iPhone through the iOS cable. I returned the keyboard for a replacement (which cost £9 postage). Amazon sent the replacement and £3 to cover postage (ha ha) but the replacement keyboard had exactly the same problem. I tested it with my iPhone, the iPad and my Mac and discovered that if I used the USB connection it worked OK - so I can use it with my iPad IF I use a USB adaptor. iKeys technical support were reasonably helpful al the way through, but to end up with a keyboard that doesn't do what I hoped and cost an additional £6 is disappointing to say the least.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›