on 3 October 2014
Through the Wildwood is the thrilling first book in the Legend of Vanx Malic series. It is a great introduction into the life of Vanx and the problems he encounters. The great thing about this book is how unique it is from the plot to the characters; this is a fantasy book with a lot of imagination and creativity in it, which I think is great. The author Mathias has created an enthralling story which helps to keep the reader captivated throughout the whole book. I was really impressed by this book and I can’t wait to read ‘Dragon Isle’ the sequel. I would highly recommend this book!
on 17 May 2014
This is a great example of a fantasy book. The writer’s style is raw and not as refined as some however,his style only adds to the uniqueness of the storyline, his imagination and storytelling is top notch. I was carried away to a bizarre world crammed with world of Warcraft type characters. I liked the pace, striking the right balance between description whilst keeping the story flowing in the right direction. The characters are flawed, intense, evil and not so good.
I highly recommend this for anyone who enjoys sci-fi or fantasy books. Looking forward to reading the next one in the series.
on 18 May 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed the book from beginning to end. Its really well written and entertaining throughout. I would definitely recommend it.
on 6 October 2014
A really good read for fans of fantasy, with some memorable characters and a fast pace that keeps you turning the pages. I particularly enjoyed the strong female characters. The world that the author has created is vivid and believable, and I can't wait to read the second one- especially after the sneak peek we get at the end of this instalment
on 21 August 2015
Easy read, story is rather 4 star with potential to be 5 star with some experience and better development of character. BUT I can only give it 2-3 because THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE BOOK.

It baffled me, the book ended at the start of a monsters attack. That's it, one guy gets hit and then bamm. On the next episode of Vanx Malic....
That is in such bad taste, I honestly have never been so confused, flipping through a few pages trying to see if I hit my phone and skipped something - nope!

I doubt i'll buy another book because who can tell that the author won''t do the same thing. It's in such poor taste that I felt I had to leave a review about it. This feels lazy from an author that otherwise provides an interesting yet few pages of story.

If you want to read a nice start to a story, give it a go but you have to buy the other books to actually find out what happens.
on 2 March 2016
At around 78% of the book it ended! Next pages were chapters from the next book and a short story. Sorry but I thought I was buying a book, not after three quarters through to find pages from another book and a story. Hope this is not the norm with this author.
on 29 September 2014
Enjoyed this and at 77% of the way through it ended! Not so happy now. Bolted on the end were five chapters from book 2 and a short story from the ward stone trilogy. It felt like the book had been divided into three books rather than written as a trilogy.
on 29 August 2014
I give this book a three start it a brilliant story line good character but not very exciting think the writer could have made it a lot exciting Margaret parkhill
on 23 November 2015
Foind it hard it to put down, a great start to a new series. Engrossing read but keep going at a decent rate. Well thought out characters.
on 28 March 2014
Brilliant book, fast paced good storyline and a must if you are into magician type fiction. I am now on volume 3 in just over a week.