5.0 out of 5 stars Tough!
If you want a chic, elegant and sophisticated iPhone case...don't look here! It's got to be said that this kills the phone's looks, at least in my opinion. Quite a few people have laughed at my phone, asking, "What on earth is THAT?"
Published 19 months ago by S. Daw

1.0 out of 5 stars Falling to pieces!!
It says military-Duty. Well i know the MOD have had cut backs but really??
The window that you open to take pictures has fallen off also other parts have fallen off.
When im not at work I like to take it out of the case, It has damaged my new iphone 5 with small chips and scratches just from removing it and putting it back in. How Ironic!!
Not a good product
Published 7 months ago by Mr WILLIAM R GEACH

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough!, 14 Dec 2012
S. Daw (Essex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Griffin Survivor Black/Black for New iPhone 5 Military-Duty Case & Belt Clip (Wireless Phone Accessory)
However, many may see this as one of its advantages! And even if you'd prefer something slicker, if your phones tend to take a bashing you might well find that the cosmetics are well-and-truly outweighed by the benefits. It's hard to imagine any practical case that would be more likely to prevent damage from impact or water ingress. It's a really carefully designed product.
All of this does make it a bit hard to slip the phone in and out of the Survivor - I don't know about military-grade protection, it requires military planning just to extract it! The case is in four bits, each of which have to be prised away.
In summary, if looks matter much, go elsewhere; if your phone matters, this is the one. For me, it's perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch, 21 Aug 2013
C. Lyne "colin@colinlyne.co.uk" (Richmond Yorkshire.) - See all my reviews
A top notch case to protect my Iphone 5. If you want style then don't purchase, but for protection, I don't think that it can be beaten.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ugly as sin but hard as nails, 31 Jan 2014
Firslty I bought this on the Monday and it was here on the Wednesday, very quick delivery in a box that could fit through a letterbox which means no going to the post office at the weekend to retrieve item.

Onto the case, This thing turns a good looking sleek Iphone 5 into a hideous, monsterous and gargantuan eyesore. It is a big black hunk or rubber and plastic. In other words don't take it to New York fashion week.

Let's face it, who the hell cares what it looks like when it protects your phone this well?

To put things into perspective, last week I was unfortunate enought to let my Iphone slip out of my hands. This was outside on concrete at a height of no more than 3-4 feet, the bloody thing lander face down and the screen shattered (and not the kind of shattered you can get away with), the phone was unusable and the rest of my day was spent moaning about how I never had my phone.
These days our phones are everything, our connection to the world, Christ I don't even own a home phone anymore, my mobile does all that for me, so I had to replace the screen costing me a reasonable 75 from a local repair shop.
I never bother with phone insurance so that was out of the question meaning I had to dip into savings for this repair.

Why don't you think of this case as insurance, 13 worth in fact. It might be ugly but I went back to that same spot with this case on, and dropped it on its face from the same height, then from my full height (6" 1") then threw it up in the air, each time landing on the face.
My Iphone is still 100% alive and kicking, no cracks, not even a mark on the chuffing case.
So this case has my thumbs up, plus its hideousness might stop some wayward person from stealing it for fear someone might see them with it.

5 out of 5 stars, Griffin you might be hard as nails but you are as ugly as sin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent rugged case for iPhone 5, 14 Oct 2012
I had a Griffin Survivor for the iPhone 4S and when I first received this one for the 5 I was disappointed to discover it is of a different design, however having used it for a couple of weeks now I can say with confidence that it is a superior design. The annoying camera flap has been re-thought, and now swivels out of the way, so that it doesn't spring back all the time in the middle of taking pictures. It's incredibly rugged and overall feels like a solid, quality product. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT, 17 Jun 2013
Most protective case i've ever bought in my life, your phone will not break and for less than 20 YOU CAN'T GO WRONG!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid, 31 May 2013
A solid cover for the nature of job I do to keep the phone safe. Delivered on time. Twice as the price at retailers outside. Very good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars top kit, 29 May 2013
fast good great bit of kit and at the right price
good quality good design will deal again
phil wright

5.0 out of 5 stars Best case to keep your phone safe, 20 May 2013
Awesome case, couldn't have hoped for better, the wife uses it in her bag and it keeps the phone free from scrapes and general wear and tear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant idea!, 5 Jan 2014
Bought for my partner who is a mechanic and so more often or not ends up dropping his phone at work! This item is incredible and made it the longest time he has ever been able to keep a phone undamaged. We had one for his Iphone 4 and the 5 version works just as well. Whilst he continues to have Iphones, we shall continue to buy from this company! Thanks

1.0 out of 5 stars Falling to pieces!!, 17 Nov 2013
It says military-Duty. Well i know the MOD have had cut backs but really??
Not a good product