5.0 out of 5 stars Superb product and service
Published on 23 Oct. 2012 by RWJL

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as expected
Published 10 months ago by saliha ayub

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb product and service, 23 Oct. 2012
This review is from: KAVAJ leather case cover "Dallas" for the Apple iPhone 5S, iPhone 5 cognac brown - genuine leather with business card compartment (Electronics)
Someone posted a review about the KAVAJ iPad case and said they worked for Rolls Royce and it was Rolls Royce quality. On that recommendation I bought one and it's great. I thefefore decided to buy this case for my iPhone. Unfortunately when it arrived it was faulty is so much as one of the openings was misaligned. I was disappointed and naturally complained. What superb customer service I received. I was immediately contacted and the faulty item replaced and the replacement is superb. The leather is soft and like my iPad case I hope it will "age" well. That is it will show marks and scuffs and will "age" looking well loved and used, just how good leather products should be. In conclusion it is a superb high quality leather product. RWJL

5.0 out of 5 stars Fell apart after 5 months!, 18 May 2013
Had this case for about 5 months and I have to say for the price it really isn't worth it. The stitching has frayed around the sides and the case is generally falling apart. The magnet that keeps the cover secure simply isn't strong enough. I don't recommend this item.

**UPDATE**
KAVAJ have subsequently replaced this product for a brand new one. Excellent customer service, I Hope this one lasts longer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as expected, 28 May 2014
I have today received my kavaj case for my iPhone 5s. It was eagerly awaited. I am impressed by the quality of the leather but very disappointed in the way the case is constructed. The top of the case where the power button is there is raised area which presumably is there to access the power button to put the phone on standby or power off. This works only intermittently. I have tried to slide the phone upwards for a song fit so that I can access this without thanking the phone completely out ( which is not an option and would defeat the purpose!). More worryingly I find that when I close the flap on the case the phone goes into pre-power off mode which means the phone could be off without me realising it. I don't know if this is a design fault that causes the power off button to be squeezed when I close the flap? It is of course totally unacceptable. I love the feel of the case so I am going to persist a couple more days to see if it needs the leather to give a little. If it does not rectify itself then I am sending it back. Has anyone else had this problem? I think having an aperture there would have gone someway to solve the problem, I don't know if Kavaj would be willing to do that. The other issue is that the credit card slots are far too tight. I especially wanted a phone case that could carry at least 2 cards. NOT HAPPY!
UPDATE
I HAVE A GENUINE APPLE LIGHTNING CABLE FOR CHARGING THE IPHONE BUT THE APERTURE IN THE CASE IS TOO SMALL! I cannot charge with phone inside the case!! I am definitely returning it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic case, 25 Oct. 2012
John Banks - See all my reviews
I just received this case and must say it is brilliant.

It feels very soft in the hand and I hadn't realised from the product page that the case has two little magnets that keeps the front closed. It really doesn't add very much bulk to the phone, something I was worried about, so don't hesitate on that regard. The slots on the back accommodate credit cards, drivers licenses or anything else of that ilk so come in very handy. All of the ports are easy to access and the volume controls can actually easily be used without opening the case.

As another reviewer has noted, hopefully the leather will age well and get a bit battered - it makes it look even better! If in any doubt about this case, I can only say that it is the best phone case that I've owned and would definitely consider buying from KAVAJ again.

5.0 out of 5 stars A smart case & for me a smart purchase !, 17 July 2014
This case is a lovely piece of kit for my new phone. I love the magnet feature that keeps the cover closed which helps maintain the slim image of the case without ruining it with a clasp as other cases tend to have done. It looked really sleek on my desk at work today and got a bit of attention as it was something unusual compared to a lot of the cases that are out there. The fact that it is leather & looks like a smart piece adds to it's existing appeal of being a very slim product. The only drawback in my opinion is that the volume and power buttons are covered - unlike the mute switch which had its own cut out section. Personally I would have liked to have sections cut out for these too - but don't let this put you off if you think the volume or power buttons become difficult to use as a result. they still work very well - it's from a cosmetic point of view that would have made this just a little nicer than it already is, especially since the mute switch, lightning charger, speaker & 3.5mm audio parts all have their own cut away sections. It would have made for a more uniform look to the product. That aside I'm putting Kavaj at the top of my list of potential cases when I eventually purchase my iPad Air :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great case but not hard wearing, 24 Jun. 2014
Had this case for 6 months now. Its been mostly a positive experience. Its very slim for an all over case and I love that I can put my driving licence and debit card in it meaning I have everything I need with me at all times.
The outer rubber like sealing pealed off fairly quickly though (few weeks) and the leather started to peel back from the "chassis" after a little while (few months). Fixed the leather issue with a bit of super glue and the sealing issue is only cosmetic.

Overall a possitive experience.

2.0 out of 5 stars Initially impressed, but the product is sadly not made to last., 17 July 2014
This is a good-looking case, and I was happy when I first received it. My iPhone 5S fitted snuggly into the case, and the ability to leave my wallet at home was a real bonus. However, I had to return the case 3 months after purchase as the the leather along the top edge just above the camera lens has detached from the case body. Similar to comments by other buyers, it is apparent that this leather component is glued into place, rather than stitched, and is the source of the problem. Fortunately, KAVAJ were very willing to help, and a new case was shipped promptly. However, after a further three months with the replacement case, the same issue has occurred again – the glued leather material surrounding the camera lens has detached along the upper edge. Frustratingly, after 6 months and two KAVAJ Dallas cases, I am shopping for a new case once again. It's worth noting that I am very careful with my iPhone and its case; the glued leather edge is clearly a design fault/oversight and spoils what would otherwise have been a great product. It would be great to get feedback from other buyers who have used the product for longer time periods.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks and feels the part, 8 Oct. 2014
A truly quality product. Looks and feels the part. Be warned when you first get it it may seem too small (mine kept activating the power button) but as leather is a natural product it will stretch. Within a day it was fine.
Very prompt and courteous service from the seller as well.
Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 7 Aug. 2013
Ms. N. E. Vian-smith (Burwash, East Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
Having bought many cheaper phone covers, I now realise my mistake. I can not tell you how many people have commented on how well made and attractive this product is. I even had to order the black version for my friend's husband last night. Only downside is they do not make them for the iPhone 4 as I have two very disappointed friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top!!!!, 29 July 2013
I'm really glad concerning this case. I'll be recommend it to everyone who is interested in real leather case !