5.0 out of 5 stars So SEO post penguin lives then?
Published on 15 Sep 2012 by Susan Cheeseman

2.0 out of 5 stars Too obvious stuff here
I learned some few stuff from this book, however in general, the book is stating very obvious information. The book is also very short and not formatted well for Kindle. I would not recommended it, and you are better off saving your money and read all you need to know from a bunch of web links or from Google guidelines for webmasters or so.
Published 2 months ago by Tarek

5.0 out of 5 stars So SEO post penguin lives then?, 15 Sep 2012
This review is from: SEO 2015 & Beyond :: Search engine optimization will never be the same again (Webmaster Series) (Kindle Edition)
There are a lot of Internet philosophers out there that either speculate on what they think is happening or they pass on the thoughts of others as their own without knowing whether they are right or wrong. Having been a follower of Dr Andy for quite some time now, I can vouch for the fact that much of what he has written in this book has been discovered and researched by him personally. He's been updating his newsletter readers at each stage. He was warning of a Panda type hit at least two years before the Panda was born. Although the Penguin has changed things more than a bit, in this book Dr Andy clearly, and in simple terminology, explains the strategies and tactics needed to stay on the good side of Google. So if you are planning on making an SEO friendly site, or updating an older site to be more SEO friendly, then this is a very good guide on how to do it.
Tony Crofts

5.0 out of 5 stars SEO 2012 the Definitive Guide a Real Help, 18 Oct 2012
lloyd (WARE, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
SEO is constantly changing as google try to outsmart those trying to game or beat the system. Almost a game of cat and mouse.

This book however, provides the techniques that can be used that will not only help you rank your website but, far more importantly ensure that it stays there.

It is not difficult to rank a site using the latest loophole or fast linking techniques with the latest go faster software. The problem is, once the search engines (and by the search engines, I really mean google as they are the one we all want to rank in) discover these link farms or blog networks they discount them which in turn will drop you too.

By following the methods in this book you will learn that whilst it will take time and hard work to get your site seen, once you have cracked it then you can rest assured in the knowledge that any future google updates or algorithm changes, your website should stay firmly where it is, and if others above you have been playing the google dance games then you may even see a rise.

It is well written and concise and should be as current in 2020 as it is today based on the authors strategy.

5.0 out of 5 stars SEO 2013 and Beyond, 26 Feb 2013
I've followed the excellent SEO experiences, articles and advice from Andy for many years.
This Kindle Book is concise but complete and if followed you won't go far wrong in your
SEO efforts.

4.0 out of 5 stars Latest update fixes production problems, 5 Jan 2013
Mr. Gary Robertson (York, UK) - See all my reviews
I was previously critical of the quality of formatting and production of this book. The latest update has addressed all these concerns except it being fully justified (makes it a little harder to read on large font sizes).

So, thank you very much Andy Williams for the changes. And for writing a really useful book.

It is nice to hear that Google algorithms are now so good that there is little point trying to fool them or optimise in dishonest ways. Not only is content now king, but it seems that expertise is too. Hopefully it will not be too long before poor grammar, spelling and punctuation are also punished by Google. Or perhaps they are already.

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT APPROPRIATE ADVICE, VERY WHITE HAT, 2 Nov 2012
I found the book quite useful. It's a relatively short book (80 pages). However, I believe it has a lot to offer.
there are a couple of typos in there but not a major issue. It's very focused on white-hat SEO and very focused on post-penguin/panda era (which is good because I don't think you want to know about google history!).
it's easy to understand and has many diagrams to make the comprehension easier for the reader.
I recommend this to anyone who is not a SEO guru.

5.0 out of 5 stars Common sense, 16 Sep 2012
Andy has always provided well researched material and this kindle book will not disappoint. SEO has changed and will always be changing as Google has to tweak constantly to improve user performance. The recent Penguin update has caused many affiliate marketers to give up thinking that Google has it in for them. This is not the case and if you read this book you will see why.

Content will always be King. Andy has proved once again that writing themed content is the way to go. I personally use his web content studio software and therefore know my sites are well written.

I like the information about using tags and the way he does it - I will put that into practise.

I will keep this book handy and I suspect that it will still be relevant in years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable advice for SEO in 2015, 20 Dec 2014
I was really glad when I finally got to read Andy Williams’ book on SEO because I am already familiar with his training on various aspects of Internet marketing and also publishing digital books. Anything I have read by him is always sound, sensible and practical.

SEO 2015 and Beyond is no exception and I learned many things from reading this guide. As we probably know Google takes over 200 factors into ranking a website. The book starts with reviewing all the changes they have implemented up to now and the clear direction they are heading. Basically, that is valuing more highly the visitor’s intent. He warns the reader very convincingly that old Black Hat linking and spammy contents are just a path to disaster. I learned a lot of useful tips and advice on the following:-

• What Google looks for in a trusted and authority site
• Explanation of LSI and theming and how it works in practice when you come to write quality content
• Why and how the visitor’s experience counts more and more
• Correct ways to use ALT tags for images
• Great ideas for making your content stand out and worthy of a Page 1 position
• Helpful information on how you check for broken links and also what to do with the Disavow tool in case you have poor quality links. I did not think it could be fixed, but it can, if you follow Andy’s advice.
• How to go about getting a theme which is suitable for mobile users

I really found the section on backlinks very useful and also the advice on internal linking. I was glad that he explained why using keywords in anchor text links is no longer a good idea and what to do instead.

The only minor criticism I had was that I would have liked a more detailed explanation of dynamic vs static pages. But there are very useful links to Google Webmaster Tools which will explain it all if you have the patience to do that.

All in all, I strongly recommend this book if you really want to find out about SEO in 2015 and beyond. It is the best guide I have seen so far and don’t believe anyone who says you can get all this information on free blogs and forums. You can of course, but you will spend countless hours doing that. Buy this book and get in the SEO fast track in 2015.

In the interests of transparency, I received a review copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.

4.0 out of 5 stars Going from strength to strength, 16 Dec 2014
Mr. Gary Robertson (York, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought the previous version of this book and was keen to get hold of this expanded and updated version. Andy gave me a review copy because I had reviewed my previous purchase.

This is a very up to date book providing wide, practical and mature coverage of all areas of SEO by somebody who obviously "walks the walk" as well as "keeping his ear to the ground". I particularly like the SEO experiments he sometimes sets up to find things out and the fact that he sometimes writes software tools for himself when these do not exist.

The book expresses some quite subtle points very clearly. It does not miss out any necessary detail nor does it waffle or pontificate. I found his comments on recent changes to negative SEO especially interesting. He provides a few links in the book, all of which are worth reading, in line with his own advice to provide good quality externals links in content.

The section on content theming is a major highlight. His views were once considered by some to be a little bit away from the mainstream but the mainstream has now moved much closer to him. However, he still approaches this practically in a way I have not seen elsewhere and his method is very compelling and appears robust. I have applied it and it seemed to work very well.

There is a very strong section on practical backlink building. This is an area where everybody struggles these days, but Andy avoids the trap that many authors fall into of telling us all the ways we should not build backlinks. Instead he provides practical techniques, tips and measured judgements. This section of the book alone makes it worth the price.

I would have given the book 5 stars but it focuses too narrowly on WordPress. This is alienating to the many web developers or website owners who, for very good reasons, avoid WordPress. More importantly it sometimes causes confusion: in at least 2 places features or mechanisms are talked of as if they were specific to WordPress, when in fact they apply more widely, to most content management systems for example. Removing these ambiguities would help cover the 4 out of 5 websites that do not use WordPress.

5.0 out of 5 stars staying safe with Google and increasing traffic at the same time. Sounds good to me!, 16 Dec 2014
I have been a reader of Andrew's newsletter for at least 8 years. Not exactly sure about how long before that but I know it was before I moved house and that was just over eight years ago.

Why do I read that newsletter? Simple I know I am being updated with the most accurate up-to-date SEO information available. Not only that he is thinking ahead and looking scientifically at what trends Google is likely to be following. He was over a year ahead of the Panda update helping us to get sites properly optimised well before Panda was released. My main site increased its traffic after Panda came out and even benefited from Penguin. Thanks to Andrew.

The only thing constant about Google is that Google will change. We all know that. I don't want to be seeing drops when the new upgrades come out I want to continue improving my positions and maintaining my income.

This new version for 2015 is again forecasting some potential trends as warnings and I am looking now to get ready for complete safety coupled with increases as the year goes on.

I hope you are not working in the same niches as me. If you are I would suggest you give this new version a complete miss. If you are in any other niche buy it now.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very informed overview from a true SEO expert, 9 Feb 2013
Seaotter (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
I have been following Dr Andy Williams' SEO newsletters for a long time now and there's no doubt that he's well ahead of the game. He never fails to give that little extra insight and value over other SEO advisers. Instead of trying to double-guess future Google algorithm changes, whether in the guise of Pandas, Penguins or other fearsome critters, Dr Andy focuses on where to put your efforts in order to ensure long term success in the search engines. Whether you're creating a totally new website or trying to revive the flagging fortunes of an existing one, I definitely recommend this eBook. And yes, it did have formatting issues and typos in the early edition but those have largely vanished now, leaving us with a well-thought out and very informed product.