4.0 out of 5 stars bad packaging
Just like the other reviewer here, my stand arrived with the same scuff marks to the stand shelf due to poor packaging...however i am not too concerned as my lappy covers it up...overall the stand is quite sturdy with good height adjustment.....for this price i doubt that you could buy better....4 stars due to poor packing.
Published 16 months ago by Goldey

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as "sturdy" as other reviews would imply.
The tripod & pole certainly IS sturdy, but the two shelves are made out of the thinnest possible pressed steel & the "mouse mat" shelf will not hold any weight at all without bending like a very mobile leaf.

Published 15 months ago by T. Chapman

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as "sturdy" as other reviews would imply., 28 Feb. 2014
This review is from: SoundLAB G001DD Adjustable Tripod Laptop Stand with Mouse Shelf (Electronics)

It does the job that I want it to do very well. That is, to stand quietly in the corner of my practice area with a laptop on the top so I can play along with videos or other people on the web cam. I would not feel confident about its stability in a gig setting or even in an area with people moving about.

I've got a pair of laptop speakers and hoped to put them both on the mouse shelf, but it isn't strong enough to support them both (& is struggling with one to be honest) though the surface area is very good.

Mine too had a scratched top, but you don't notice that once a laptop is plonked on it.

Given the price, maybe 3 stars is a bit stingy as it does actually do what I bought it for ... but I really would advise looking around & paying more if you want the thing to still be standing upright at the end of a gig or if you want the mouse shelf for more than a remote control!

4.0 out of 5 stars bad packaging, 23 Jan. 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Portable Laptop Stand, 23 Jan. 2014
The fifth unclicked star is because the platform was scratched and the mouse shelf a bit wonky, but I guess that was why it was such a reasonable price. Otherwise a sturdy stand fit for purpose.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, simple and fit for purp[ose., 10 Jun. 2014
Delivered as expected. Using for performance to place laptop and mouse in convenient position. Solid and safe, accessible height. Pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Portable tripod stand, 15 Nov. 2013
This stand is very robust and I hive it a 5 star rating If you are looking for a good strong stand then this one is for you

3.0 out of 5 stars does what I need it to., 27 Jan. 2015
I did not buy this as a laptop stand. I purchased it as a stand for a digital projector. The tripod is sturdy, height adjustable. I removed the mouse pad section as I did not need it. The flat part that holds the laptop could be a bit more sturdy, and I often have to bend it back into shape to get it flat. I'm not sure I would trust my expensive laptop on it, if people were going to come up to it and type etc.

The one I received was quite badly scratched. I wasn't too bothered about this considering the price I paid. But I did take a photo of it and send it to the seller, who apologised and said they would check other ones to ensure it wouldn't happen again.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's pretty good, fairly stable, 13 April 2015
Wonko (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I brought this to use for a projector. It's pretty good, fairly stable, and can be raised to a good hight.
I have however had a couple of problems with it. Once, while in use, it collapsed under the weight of the projector, it would appear that i hadn't tightened the mid section enough, and it just slid down. No damage done to either the stand or the projector. Although, on making sure that it was properly tightened, the connector (which is made of plastic) started to fracture, so now have to be extra careful when setting it up.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, 12 Mar. 2014
good price and sturdy, the mouse shelf doesn't exactly stay straight, a bit diagonal really, but it's fine, works all the same. Scratches on top as other customers noticed, but easily covered when I put the laptop on. I'd recommend it if you don't need anything professional but just a support for your laptop when short of space like me!

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent but a bit bashed in post!, 8 Dec. 2013
This is a 5 star stand for sure the only reason I have given it 3 stars is nothing to do with the actual stand but just when it came the part where the lap top sits on has had the paint chipped off where it was not packed very well! I'm not really bothered to much as the stand is so good and sturdy but just worth a mention. Also the cables have no groove cut in the side. If you have cables they will therefore run over the surrounding lip where the lap top sits. This is not a major problem more just an FYI to help anyone else thinking of buying this. Also I am a studio photographer and using this for tethering. I have a mac book pro set up and the stand is just excellent. If you are thinking about buying this to tether in a studio go ahead! It is very stable and I would definably buy again.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok not that good or bad, 17 July 2014
its kind of OK. My piece didn't have any scratch issues as mentioned by others. However the top stand was bend and not straight. Managed to somewhat straighten it after applying bit of pressure. I think its because of improper packing.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›