on 23 February 2015
I was a bit dubious about buying this dvd boxed set at the price it is because of some of the reviews posted here. But I am glad I did. I enjoyed them the first time round and the early ones I don't seem to have remembered. The acting is also first class. Specially Warren Clarke with his down to earth attitude and personal habits. You know what I mean
I have watched the first two so far and the picture quality and sound are great considering the age of them though I did have to alter the screen aspect on my TV to get a better fit.
The reason I did not give it 5 stars was that two of the plastic internal dvd holders were slightly damaged meaning you have to carefully open one of the boxes or internal plastic dvd holder and dvds falls out. Also I have found that series 7 disc 5 "Dialogues of the dead" which I think was a Christmas special is placed at the end of series 11 box. Not sure if that is a mistake in my box set or all of them.
Some reviewers have commented on the having to turn the Dutch sub titles off and the trailers at the beginning of the dvds but they only last a couple of minutes so its not a problem.
The box set was also posted in quick time.
on 2 August 2015
Only just viewed the first three programmes in this series and thoroughly enjoyed them as I expected. The DVD's are extremely well packaged in four "book like" cassettes which are contained in a sturdy card box for secure storage. As this collection comes from a Dutch source some pre-announcements about other programmes also available, is briefly shown in Dutch before the actual episode begins with dialogue in spoken English.
By selecting " Do not show subtitles " before selecting " Play " then one can enjoy viewing these programmes as normal English broadcast TV Drama. An excellent series and a credit to the writers and producers for the varied story line.
on 6 September 2015
I'll never understand why an English version is not available from the BBC as this series was absolutely brilliant. Because of that i decided to buy this imported version. I was a little wary at first but any worries were totally unfounded as I have watched 9 episodes so far with no problem whatsoever.

The dvds arrive in a boxset with all the dvds split into 4 sturdy cases. At the beginning of each disc you have to set the subtitles to off and then watch a couple of minutes of foreign dvd advertising. This is no problem whatsoever as I now have the complete boxset of my all time favourite TV series...something i couldnt buy in my own country made by my own country's national tv broadcaster. The quality of the dvds are also superb and I can honestly recommend this collection to anyone who also had big doubts like myself. It's an absolute bargain and will provide you with many hours of repeatable enjoyment.
on 25 November 2014
The box of DVDs turned up very quickly but I hadn't realised they had Dutch subtitles. Thankfully the actors don't mumble so I don't really need the subtitles but it's annoying if you're hard of hearing. The blurb on the box is in Dutch too. All in all, I'm happy with the purchase but I'm going to check in future when buying DVDs.
on 5 May 2015
As I don't watch DVDs directly, the menus and subtitles aren't an issue. Ripping them to NAS box has got me every episode of Dalziel and Pascoe for less than £1 per disc. Great deal, the BBC doesn't sell the series any more for some reason, so we have to rely on Dutch imports...
on 13 August 2014
This compilation of all 11 Dalziel & Pascoe series has only one sad fault. Because they are a cheap import from the Netherlands, like all DVDs of this manufacturer the subtitles (and there are subtitles which is a plus) are sadly in Dutch and Dutch only. Someone like me who is dependent on subtitles despite excellent hearing simply can't view them. I had to send the collection back. I have to wait until they are all brought out by the English TV channel which produced them in the first and if it decides not to go past Series 2 (the first 2 series ARE available from another than the Dutch company), I will be out of luck. Nevertheless, I give it the full five stars as it is a great collection for a great price.
on 22 October 2014
Being a Dutch DVD you have to remember each episode/disc to turn off the Dutch subtitles which are by default on.
on 23 November 2014
This 3 star review is because of the POOR quality of some of the discs--series 7 in particular which in my set had a number of damaged discs which would not play towards the end. In order to find out how the episode ended I had to resort to YouTube. Of course, the series is excellent and it is great to have all of them together in one box. I had these sent to Canada and it would have been too expensive to send them back to the UK plus I had to pay import duty on them.
on 26 December 2015
HARDWARE: well-packed and presented. You have to select "no sub-titles" for each episode, but this is quickly and easily done. There are some ads for other DVD titles on many of the DVDs, but they are soon done with. Picture is full-screen, sharp and clear, and the sound is good, too.

SOFTWARE: Had watched occasional D&P episodes in the past without fully realizing how good this series is. Having now watched from the beginning, I would say it is easily up there with "Midsomer Murders", "Frost" and "Lewis" etc for entertainment value. Plots are realistic (more in the style of "Frost" than "Midsomer Murders") and varied. Characters and settings are interesting and convincing (described by some as "gritty realism"), with many vivid and believable characters. Dalziel is a one-off, but not so eccentric as to tire, and the interplay between the main characters is always a pleasure to watch, not least for the wry humour of Dalziel and the obvious respect and even love that the long-suffering Pascoe has for his boss.

With 45 episodes (one per DVD) averaging 90m each, this series is outstanding value.
on 2 May 2015
Brilliant, no problems ,all dvd containers perfect, put in series 7 which a cple have written about ,and it seems no problem, easy to switch Dutch subtitles off, and then its no different to our normal dvds, would recommend to anyone,