5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, 6 Oct 2012
Today I read the first episode of Charlie Rabbit's adventures to my 4 year old grandson. His response was delightful and - quite unexpected. I read from my mobile phone, no pictures to follow, it was like telling a story not reading it. I was able to observe him closely, watching his reaction as well as listening to him. Wonderful! Isaac laughed out loud in parts and was quiet and looked genuinely worried at other parts. Indeed I was wondering what to expect myself when Charlie was inside an old house, which he thought may be haunted!

Nothing to worry about. All was well in the end, (except cabbage for dinner.) "Yuk!" said Isaac. "Rabbits don't like cabbage, no one likes cabbage."

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of Charlie Rabbit Discovers Christmas Day, 13 Sep 2012
I'm actually doing this review on behalf of my daughter, who is a fan of Charlie Rabbit (and has heard quite a few books in the series).

In this beautiful story, Charlie Rabbit encounters snow for the very first time (and then he discovers Santa along with Christmas too). It really is a lovely story for the little ones at Christmas... Being a big kid a heart, I liked this festive tale too ... but secretly ;)

In the words of my seven year old:

"This was a Christmassy story, and it is a really good book for young ages. I'm seven years old, and I liked it as well."

Tonight we'll both be reading Charlie Rabbit and the Haunted House...

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 8 Dec 2012
I was given this as a gift for my daughter of five years old and she absolutely loves it! I would recommend this as an ideal bedtime read for younger children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Fun., 18 Nov 2012
This review is from: Charlie Rabbit's Adventures - The Complete Collection (Kindle Edition)
I purchased this little book for our first Grandchild who is out in New Zealand. His Mum, my stepdaughter, is a very horsey sort (and me) and I confess to having read Charlie Rabbit Goes Pony Riding to myself. Just to check, to make sure it was suitable...
It was perfect; in fact all of these stories are exactly what I was aiming for. They have that wonderful cosy British feel, and I know my stepdaughter will not only enjoy the nostalgia of the New Forest settings, but they will also give her child a taste of the country where mummy grew up.
However, this would not be a proper review unless it was endorsed by children who had listened to the stories or read them for themselves.
This is what my neighbours grandchildren said;
Tom: `I loved the fishing one because I am learning to fish and it was really funny when they thought they had caught a whale!'
Emily: 'I liked all the stories but my favourite was the seaside one. Splish splash splosh!'

5.0 out of 5 stars Emma Jane's Review dictated to and written by Grandma!, 5 Nov 2012
I am five and I like all of Charlie Rabbit's stories because they're my favourite and they're really good. Grandma reads them to me when I come home from school. I really love them because they are the bestest stories in the whole wide world. And sometimes when I'm asleep I like to dream about Red and Charlie and their adventures. Emma-Jane.

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favourite children's book :), 14 Nov 2013
This book has quickly become my favourite children's book.
The stories are classically British and the characters are absolutely lovable.
The characters are well spoken without being difficult to understand and the way they interact and communicate with each other promotes both morals and manners.
Characters that are not only interesting to read about but act as positive role models at the same time.
A truly lovely book!!!!!:)

5.0 out of 5 stars great read, 20 Oct 2013
i got this book for my friends 2 young kids for xmas he was having a read he said it is a fun and good book he told me its a must read for all ages i might get a one for me ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely read!!, 16 Jan 2014
my children 5 and 7 cant wait to go to bed for a charlie rabbit bedtime story. they enjoy all his adventures. there favourite is charlie goes pony riding. lovely book!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful story lovely characters, 1 Nov 2013
I really enjoyed this book, lovely characters the story line is brilliant I cannot wait to read the next book well done to the author and keep writing

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of Charlie Rabbit's Adventures - The complete collection., 13 Sep 2013
This is a deceptively simple series of bedtime stories which will give pleasure to the adults who read them and will help to introduce their young listeners to the delights of reading books.

Some adventures relate to events which all young children will know about - Birthdays, Christmas, Easter.

Others cover activities which they may have experienced - a trip to the zoo, going to the seaside, a ride on a steam train or on a horse, going fishing.

The book gives plenty of scope for discussing and exploring new ideas:-
Why are vitamins healthy?
Why can't rabbits climb trees?
Why has a tiger got stripes?
How does a steam train work?

The book encourages good behaviour as all the characters are polite and go out of their way to help each other.

All in all, Mr Davies is to be congratulated for producing an excellent piece of work.