Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Style Name: 18 to 55mm WR Lens Kit|Change
Price:£1,049.99

on 11 April 2013
Bought to replace a Samsung GX20 (Pentax K20D), the K-5 II feels familiar and comfortable to use and is far superior at high sensitivities as well as having more responsive autofocus. The only thing stopping me from giving it 5 stars is the lack of a swivel screen.
on 9 January 2014
Oh. My. Goodness! What an absolutely wonderful camera the K5-ii is proving to be....

Picture quality is superb. Usability seemed fairly daunting at first, but having the enclosed mini-manual by my side as a reference point, has been a great aid in my becoming accustomed to the camera and all the features it has to offer.

Everything about the camera is just wonderful. Ergonomically and technically, the camera has proved a joy to use. It is feature packed as all reviewers who have done their research, before or after purchase, will testify to.

A truly magical development of photographic design.... I can highly recommend this camera to photo enthusiasts at all levels of competency. If you are a beginner then you will enjoy honing your interest with this camera. If you are an experienced dslr user, then this camera will further enhance your joy in the art of photography. Guaranteed...!!!
VINE VOICEon 28 November 2012
Style Name: 18 to 55mm WR Lens Kit|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
First of all, an admission: I have only had small digital cameras before this (point and click type where it is all done for you) so I was quite daunted when first faced with learning about, and ultimately reviewing a camera genre (DSLR) I knew little to nothing about.
When this arrived I was more than impressed - this is simply fantastic. A heavy feeling camera, which is virtually indestructible (apart from the lens, obviously);a total of 77 waterproof seals for virtually weatherproof photos for even the clumsiest of camera users; 16.2 megapixels for crisp clear pictures; a body shake reduction feature for people like myself who struggle to hold a camera in one position for the required exposure length; ergonomically perfect design for my hands with all the buttons in the right places so I can intuitively select the right functions; an easy to understand menu system on the rear lcd screen ,with a smaller screen on top to check any other required settings prior to taking your shot; 'green' modes for new users to get to grips with the camera, and then what appears at first a quite overwhelming number of different features to select.
After reading the manual (about 250 pages), looking at books and magazines, speaking to other DSLR users and also online, I now have a good understanding of exposure, shutter speeds, aperture settings etc. and I am managing to produce some excellent results using the supplied 18-55mm lens. I have invested in a lens cover and will be purchasing a few other lenses and filters for projects I would like to try but am finding that the results produced are superb after a bit of trial and error. I apologise that I am unable to report on a large number of the functions at present but will edit this review once I have mastered the art a little better, but I cannot think of a better camera to use to help me on my journey.

Additional Information: I have now had a few weeks practicing to understand the basics and am now able to produce fantastic results, I have taken family photos, wildlife photos and scenic ones and am very impressed with all of them.
on 27 January 2014
My first DSLR camera and an excellent choice. It's superbly built, easy to use and takes good pictures. It may not be cutting edge but for amateur use it's good value for money. The camera was bought from T4 Cameras of Swindon and advertised as used. On arrival next day by an excellent courier service it turned out to be like new and unused, I couldn't believe my luck!
on 19 March 2014
I have bought this camera as a follow up to my previous Pentax, it is much more advanced than the old one but seems to be giving me excellent results, and is relativly easy to use. the battery seems to be lasting realy well , I am well pleased with the whole camera
on 10 March 2014
This is an "upgrade" for my 35mm Ricoh KR10, which is now 32 years old and still going strong but not very digital. I thought it about time I got "up to date". Image quality is great and battery life pretty amazing.

The controls are fairly logical and I love the way in P mode that the front and rear 'wheel' controls allow you to adjust aperture and speed. I had to resort to the manual to work out how to switch off the auto-ISO selection. At the moment I feel more comfortable with a bit more control. I have a *LOT* to learn since the days of my old Ricoh but I think me and this camera will get along just fine.

The only thing that lets it down a little is the built in flash. This is probably great as an in-fill flash outdoors but taking indoor pictures leaves a nasty offset shadow around the subject. I'm not knocking a star off for this because generally I think anyone seriously wanting to use flash should be buying a decent external flash.
on 24 December 2014
More than a cut above my last canmera, a Nikon D80. It allows me to pretend I am a professional photgrapher, even though I am just a mediocre amateur.
on 9 December 2013
My colleagues liked it. Oh,I will come again.Originally a little worried before, but I feltvery satisfied after bought,That is a good seller.
on 30 January 2014
All the features of a digital SLR, fully sealed and best of all weatherproof. Ideal for the active outdoor person, taks all the worry out of getting in close to the spray!
on 20 June 2016
Another great camera from Pentax. Bought as a warehouse deal in the recent sale so absolutely terrific value

See one answered question