4.0 out of 5 stars Very good large screen portable DVD player
Published 4 months ago by Alain B. Burrese

2.0 out of 5 stars As the price suggests cheap and nasty
I could not recommend this product to my worst enemy. The instructions. I would guess have been written by someone not long out of infant school. The grammar is a disgrace and confusing. the game controller just fell apart in my hand and if I had not been so angry that I stood on it I would have returned the lot. what an absolute load of rubbish. Buy at your peril
Published 22 months ago by PEDRO

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good large screen portable DVD player, 26 July 2014
This review is from: DBPOWER® 13.3" 270° Swivel Portable DVD Player VCD SD MS USB VGA TV MP3 MP4 Game In Car Support SD Card, MS Card, MMC card Direct Play with FM TXT Function (Electronics)
This DBPOWER Portable DVD Player has a lot going for it. I was sent one to review, and for my purposes, it does exactly what I want it to do. I primarily use it to watch instructional DVDs with my training partner at the gym. I really like the larger screen so we can see the screen at the side of the mat as we follow along with the instruction. It is great for this. The screen swivels and tilts making it easy to place in a position for easy viewing. I do wish the cord was a little longer, but so far we have been able to set up the mat close enough to the wall outlet that this hasn't been a problem. And there is always the batter witch will last a couple of hours. But I do wish the cord was longer. (There is a car adapter as well so you can have power in the vehicle too.)

I also like that you can play CDs and many other types of files. We can take this on a trip and watch DVDs in the car, hotel room, or listen to music or instructional CDs all on this one player. (Yes, I still have a lot of CDs and have not converted them to digital files yet.) The sound is decent for a portable device, but at times when I want it to be louder I'll hook up one of my portable speakers to it.

It's light and a bit bulky, not slim like many new laptops, etc. However, for the price, it is a nice large screen DVD player with a lot of other functions that you may use or not.

I did find the manual to be lacking, and wish it was more complete. I'm still not 100% sure of all of the functions. However, some of the functions I'm not interested in, such as the games. (It comes with a disc of old games and a very small game control, but I'm not into games and don't really have use for them.) The television is only analog so I can't check out that function, but that's okay. I really wanted it for DVDs and for those it is great. So if you are looking for a portable DVD and CD player that also has a number of other features, I'd easily recommend this one. For what I wanted, a portable DVD player with a larger screen, it is just right.

5.0 out of 5 stars portable dvd player, 4 Mar 2013
I was a bit dubious about buying this dvd player after reading a bad review. However, I am pleasantly suprised at the quality and content of this player! I have brought it for my grandaughter to use mainly on long car journeys and sure she will love it. The picture is good quality and it's easy to use. You can also play games on it and the screen rotates fully. The only thing I would say is that the sound could be a little louder, but please don't let that put you off! I can't complain for the price it is! I would definately recommend this to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Size..., 18 July 2014
When I was younger, I thought having a 7" DVD player was a big deal, this 13.3 Inch Portable DVD Player by DBPOWER is such a major improvement, it's really fantastic. This system offers lots of options from photo frame, to PC monitor (love this), gaming system with the included game CD, and more. Most have pointed out that this system uses an analog tuner and in the US will pick up nothing. I did try 3 times to search for channels but none came in. I'm not the least bit disappointed in this and still think all the other features more than make up for it.

It's great that the DVD player screen can rotate and lay flat, perfect for viewing in the backseat of the car. Something cool I noticed is that this system has four notches on the bottom/back for mounting it on a wall. This could be perfect for a professional office where you wanted to run a DVD presentation over and over, so cool.

Generally speaking, I am extremely delighted with this 13.3 Inch Portable DVD Player by DBPOWER. I intend to use it for several different uses and love that it has a VGA input meaning I can connect it to my laptop for an on the go extended desktop. So many great uses.

[Review Sample Provided For Review And Evaluation]

2.0 out of 5 stars As the price suggests cheap and nasty, 1 Mar 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Completely wrong item sent or fake description!!, 10 Dec 2012
FAKE!! Description says DVD player yet arrived with EVD (completely different to image too), screen size is only 7" not 7.5" as per description. Not CE marked!!! Only 180 degree rotation not 270 as stated on description. This item is a FAKE and AVOID at all costs!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 14 Nov 2013
I brought this especially to keep my granddaughter occupied while on a plane which was 4 hrs long it also amused her in hotel room while mummy was getting ready best thing I've brought

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 21 Sep 2013
Just what I needed for my grandson for the flight to his holiday he will love it so he can watch his films before he gets there

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent portable dvd player, 28 Aug 2014
This is a brilliant item, its good to have a larger screen as its easier on the eyes on long viewing. The unit itself does feel a bit light but as long as you take care of it you shouldnt have any problems. Ive watched films using a sd and usb stick and it seems to read xvid or divx avi files flawlessly. The only downside id i say is the tv tuner is anaglog so you will need to hook a freeview box upto this to watch tv and the game function is very slow and laggy, its classic nes games on a cd but these dont stop a 5 star rating. Ive never seen a portable dvd player with a screen this big in a shop and the price is a bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fanatastic, 18 Jun 2014
My partner wanted this DVD player for fishing,he is totally happy with this.Infact all his fishing buddies wanted to know where I bought it from and was going to purchase one.

5.0 out of 5 stars works a treat., 5 Feb 2014
Had this a while now practically used everyday and never looked back. Can recommend to anyone. Can blow the odd fuse though

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›