Incase you're wondering about my gaming rig, I'm using an AMD Phenom II x4 955 based build
(All DDR3 AM3 etc, so was quite balanced for the time i built it),
Published 8 months ago by Miss Ashley Deveney

3.0 out of 5 stars good graphics card.
Goood graphics card, paid a good price for it, fast and runs everything on max settings, though when it is used it makes an odd bubbling/ticking noise, not quite sure what is going on there, if anyone knows I would love to be enlightened!

But otherwise everything else works like a dream, not seen it go over 50°C on LOTRO on all ultra high graphics settings. If...
Published 4 months ago by Stef H.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Ferociously Radical upgrade for even a 5 year old gaming rig like mine, 4 Mar 2014
Miss Ashley Deveney "Amazonian Angel" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gigabyte NVIDIA GTX660 2GB DDR5 PCI-E Graphics Card (Accessory)
(All DDR3 AM3 etc, so was quite balanced for the time i built it),
which has given me no end of bliss for 5 years, and my previous card which was a GTX 260 was beginning to show its age in some games, and after having my sights set on a GTX 560 previously, i'd waited and waited, and when i saw the 660 was quite an affordable price, i bought this GPU.
After using this for a month i can safely say i'm pleased with my purchase, not only 2Gb of ram from 896Mb but also a DirectX 11 compliant card, and as far as gaming goes, everything i've played using this card has benefited:
Games like:
Deus Ex: Human Revolution,
Hitman Absolution,
Tomb Raider,
and Alice: Madness Returns,
are all much more enjoyable and playable running at a resolution of 1920x1080 with most settings at maximum.
Personally, i leave Anti Aliasing disabled, and would have Anisotropic Filtering set at 2x or 4x, as i much prefer the responsiveness over having nothing but eye candy.
Some might wonder why didn't i go for a Radeon GPU like the 7850/7870, i much prefer nVidia GPUs, i have used Radeon GPUs before, and i even have an AMD APU based laptop with a Radeon HD 6320 GPU, which for the platform is quite capable, but this is neither here nor there.
Overall i'm very pleased with my new GPU, and the new lease of life it's given my PC

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, just what I expected :), 14 Jan 2013
This was a great purchase, it runs all my games at a great FPS (for example, CoD: BlackOps 2: 50-60fps with all settings at maximum). I recommend this for an affordable FAST graphics card, you will have no issues running all the latest games for a good couple of years :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for my GrandSons gaming PC, 23 Dec 2013
I bought this to upgrade my Grandsons PC at his specification, however he had found a much more expensive version I bought this and the bench marks were as good if not better, he plays all the big games and thinks that this is a brilliant graphics card, he's 15 so of course knows best!!

5.0 out of 5 stars high with a good sprinkle of ultras, 28 July 2014
This review is for those chaps with an old quad core, some odd DDR2 kicking about and itch to play one of the latest games...I was in the same boat; an old rig, 'crest of the wave...a few years ago' and lots of friends banging on about DayZ and BF4....I looked at new builds and bundles (hundreds and hundreds of quid), finance and credit options here and there...and then one day my mate said 'why don't you just get this?' So I did, and it really wasn't that hard after all...Performance wise I suspect this thing doesn't even need the rest of my aging PC...everything high, high, high with a good sprinkle of ultras...BF4 chokes a bit when all 64 players on the server are with a few feet of each other but is stunning otherwise, DayZ slides down like a buttery muffin - for a hundred pounds, or thereabouts, it really makes you wonder why people buy inferior next gen games consoles for multiples of that...

5.0 out of 5 stars Jaw Dropping Performance, 6 Nov 2013
D WHITE (Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne & Wear United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I decided to upgrade my reliable and lovable 5850 ATI card and for the first time in eons I went for an NVidia card, and WOW I am so pleased I did. My 5850 cost me £300 when I bought it but I didn't want to break the bank this time as I'm getting the Next Gen consoles for Christmas and I *thought* PC gaming would take a back seat for a while, WELL IT AIN'T!!!! I get to play the brilliant Splinter Cell : Blacklist on this baby at ULTRA settings, I'm starting to think I have a *magic* version of the card but it ain't, it's simply a brilliant product.

The cooling system is amazing on this Gigabyte version and is very overclock friendly, if you want some extra oomp, I haven't overclocked mine as I want the extra longevity of the card as I think overclocking wears the card out faster, BUT I could be wrong and slightly paranoid in my old age!

The rest of my system, apart from my new power supply was bought in January 2010, it's an I7 920 running at its clock speed of 2.66 Ghz, I ain't never had the guts to overclock that, or have felt I need to.

I have 6GB of triple channel OCZ 1333 RAM, which I really should overclock to 1600ghz, but again I never really needed to.

Don't get caught in the web of spending £400 on these uber 780 gtx's etc. as this £141 card is really a technical marvel and is way underpriced in my opinion.

If you have 2x 16bit PCI-E slots you can always add another one of these card and have an SLI setup, but I recommend at least a 650W PSU for that configuration. 550W is all you need for one of these beauties, maybe 450 would do! Electricity bill will be down a little!

Some games I play:
Skyrim: Everything maxed out and looks beatiful
Metro: Last Light: High, and looks amazing
Battlefield 4: At least high, and actually looks next generation! Amazing...
Dark Souls: Maxed and amazing, my 5850 struggled with this abit, this beauty chews it up
and Splinter Cell Black list as I mentioned.

Again, do not get caught up in the *hype* of having an uber card, get this and leave the option open to getting a second one if needed at a later date, this line should be available for about 10months, Gigabyte is a big company so these cards won't disappear.

I hope this review clarifies a few things, and saves you money that you really don't need to spend *I'm looking at you Radeon 290X and Nvidia 780GTX"

Peace.

P.S. Amazon are an amazing company, customer service is second to none, you can't go wrong when buying from them.

EDIT: Don't get drawn in to the TrueHD sound that AMD advertise. I have this card running through my Onkyo AV Receiver and it might as well be labelled as TrueHD, it is brilliant.

Finally, and VERY IMORTANT, if you wish to install two of these in an SLi config, you don't get the little connector ribbon you need to connect 2 cards within the card package. You should of got one with your motherboard though, if not you can get them for about a tenner.

5.0 out of 5 stars GIGABYTE NVIDIA GTX 660, 4 Jun 2014
i must say i started out with only one gtx660 GPU's and was very pleased with the performance, but once i ordered the second card and set it up in SLI on my system i couldn't believe the power the 2 cards were putting out. very happy with this purchase i can run almost any game in ultra settings with around 100fps, will last a few years until ill need to upgrade again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic graphics card, 23 Aug 2014
I did loads of research to see what the best card I could get for under £150 was and this came up trumps over the 750 TI because the 660 is more powerful but also more resource hungry so make sure you have a good processor and PSU.

So far it has run everything smoothly at max settings including GTA IV, Far cry 3, Euro truck sim 2, test drive 2, Darkness 2, dead island, Killing floor, state of decay, sniper elite V2 etc.

Was relatively easy to install and makes a massive difference , only criticism is when you're actually playing games on high settings it is very noisy because you have both its 2 fans running at max. Its not too bad though and I dont really notice it when playing.

*UPDATED*

A while down the line and its still fantastic, runs metro last light at 30fps on very high settings, without framerate cap it ran dead island at 120fps, runs dishonored max settings at 60fps. Basically runs almost everything in my 93 game steam library at max settings and between 30 - 120 fps, anything it wont quite run at max I just drop the anti aliasing by 2 settings and its fine. Without a doubt the best graphics card you can get for under £150 :D

4.0 out of 5 stars Great card for the money!, 2 July 2013
Mr. M. Horsburgh "Mumblesh" (Luton, Beds. UK) - See all my reviews
This is a short comment on this card just to put my tuppence worth in. Not going to say much more that hasn't been said already. For most games I have, the current Tomb raider, and Hitman Absolution, Grid 2 etc.... (pretty much at full video settings - 1080p) works great and keeps frames above 30 at all times, usually above 40 on my PC (i5, 8GB RAM).

I just wanted to mention the size.... compared to a lot of cards this is fairly short in length, and gives you more room if you are using a small form factor pc (I have a Coolermaster Elite 120 case). It is also surprisingly quiet and looks great too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet, 25 Jan 2013
Great gpu sexy looking i upgraded from a gigabyte gtx 550 ti was getting about 30-50 on medium/low settings on BF3 easy install just clicked it in and it was ready to go BF3 now i get 40-60 fps on ultra setting sweet it has not hit above 50c with hours of gaming but that can depend what case and fans etc i got antec 900 runs beautifully very tempted to buy another ;] i read online if you sli 660 you will get about 100-120fps Mmm

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boost for ageing machine and it's cheap too!, 2 Sep 2014
So far the card seems to hold up nicely. I upgraded from an age old nvidia 9800GT that was barely copying with modern games even on the lowest setting so I thought I needed a change! My goal is to update the whole system but as a temporary measure this improved handling of games.

Sure it’s not going to last me as long as the 700 series but for what you get money wise this card is great.

Pro’s –
Very nice design
Able to play most if not all games on the highest of settings
Easy to install
Great price – budget price

Con’s –
Slightly noisy compared to my old one but not overly loud.
Drivers were a bit of nuisance to install
Not the newest series so don’t think it will play everything on full for long.