on 19 October 2012
I was lucky enough to receive a copy of this in return for an honest review. Firstly I would say, I'm not sure I would have paid this price for it. I hadn't seen how much it costs and really expected it to be a 99p type book.

However, there is some very useful content in the book. The first chunk is only really applicable to those who want to go into print so I skipped past that and for the socially savvy a lot of the information will be stuff you already know. For those that really don't have any idea how to market, I could see this being a very good step by step guide.

I'm fairly on the ball with my marketing but I'm aware there are areas that I'm not using to full effect and this book helped point me in the right direction. Certain tips are very effective in honing things like your Facebook page etc to really make the most of it. There were also a few things that I weren't aware of - like the ability to add customer images to your books, so I've implemented a lot of these ideas.

This book links a lot to blog posts so a lot of the information is available online if you can find it. What the author has succeeded in doing is amalgamating that information in a clear, concise manner. I would certainly recommend this for those that are unsure of where to start but if you're already fairly plugged in then it may not be worth the price tag. Useful information, good solid book, just a little pricey for my tastes which is why it lost a star.
on 14 September 2012
As a professional writer I wondered how many of these tips would be "old news" ... the answer is that this old dog has learned a lot of new tricks!

This was a remarkably informative and fast read, slowed down only by the author's extremely helpful inclusion of links to allow the reader to act immediately on the advice given. I found at least half a dozen things I could do right away. I'll do several more over the next few weeks and months.

The writing is clear and accessible, and I would recommend this book to anyone wishing to approach their writing in a professional, businesslike way.
on 2 October 2015
I gained this as a free download for reasons I can't recall, but I would have happily paid the full asking price. Not all the methods propounded in this slim volume are new to me, but many are. And it's good to have the whole collection in one place.
One aspect of the book that I have yet to take full advantage of is the many links to the associated websites and posts. But the one I tried first actually led not only to a very persuasive post about why writers should publish in print form as well as digital, but provided further links to sites of interest to those minded to take the advice. Having quickly explored more of the links, I've discovered that this further linking is common amongst the various topics covered.
The book is sectioned into the 77 ways, making each piece of advice easy to deal with and to follow. I read the book on my iPad, which I find awkward to use for internet research, but I also have it on my iMac, which is where I will now follow through on all those links that apply to my particular books.
Reading the book has left me full of that enthusiasm and inspiration that lifts the spirit and leads to action. And I'm writing this review straightaway, so that I can actually get on with applying the advice to my own books. If you're a writer, this is a book definitely worth exploring.
on 6 November 2012
This book is a fantastic resource and I believe every author should own a copy. Laura Pepper Wu gives clear and practical advice on how to get your book noticed and presents everything with humor and a "you-can-do-it" attitude. This book was a pleasure to read and I know I will be going back to it again and again since it is a wealth of information!