on 24 June 2013
I purchased this docking station last year around November and all has been working fine until the OS upgrade. After that I have received a message on the iPhone several times now, that charging by this docking station is not supported by Apple. This is bit worrying, though all has been ok so far. On the quality side, there is a small issue with the power cable, which seems not to connect properly at all times. Other than that, ok product for this price.
on 16 November 2012
The quality that you expect from philips with a modern design without being bulky, which makes it so easy to move around. It is great that also charges my I-phone while playing my music. Next day delivery too. I am very happy with the purchase.
on 19 January 2013
I bought this for my bedroom to go with my iPod Touch 4th Gen and I have to say I am pleasantly surprised. The sound quality is much better than I expected from such small speakers and it fills the room easily even on moderate volume. The bass is a little muffled but, as I said, much better than expected. I have also discovered that it makes a vast difference if your cds are ripped as flac files rather than mp3s. An average 260mbps mp3 didn't sound too great (320 is ok) but a flac file sounded good. Better, crisper base - and while we're on the subject of base, this unit can produce a fair amount. It certainly doesn't sound tinny in any way.
I also want to use this with my Cowon Z2 and possibly my Samsung phone but I haven't yet got a cable to attach them. NOTE - this unit does not come with a cable to attach other devices. You will have to order one separately.

I have taken off 1 star because there is no OFF button. Which means that if you don't want your ipod battery to be constantly charging then you will need to take it off the dock. I don't like things to be permenantly on - electricity is well expensive!!

I am hoping that this dock will sound even better with my Cowon.

Update - this really doesn't work well with other pmps. I got the required cable and it plugged in my Cowon but the volume is seriously reduced. You have to turn everything up full to get any noise at all. This is the same with my Samsung phone and a Samsung Galaxy G50 player that I have. Also when not playing it produces a loud electrical buzzing which means you could never fall asleep whilst listening to it. I am a bit disappointed about this but having said all that I am enjoying using it with my ipod touch for which, of course, this speaker is intended. I am going away on a week's hols and I'm wondering how I will survive without it!!!
on 1 April 2013
Been looking for a white ipod docking station for a while now - they seem to some mainly in black closely folowed by silver. Arrived on time -a totally hassle free purchase. Sound is great.
on 9 November 2012
Simple, yet extremely stylish. This Philips dock looks lovely with my daughter's iPhone 4S white. The sound clarity is very good & clear.
It needs to be plugged and it can not be powered by batteries which is fine for my daughter as she only keeps it in her room.
If you are looking for a compact docking station that not only looks great, sounds great too - then look no further!
I would 100% reccommend this product to a friend!
on 24 February 2013
Bought this as a Christmas present for my very fussy teenage daughter, she uses it every day and it has proved to be a great investment!
Good value for money and she likes to use for FaceTime whilst charging her mobile.
It doesn't take up too much space and when playing music the sound quality is very good. As long as this lasts a while I will be very happy to recommend this product.
on 15 March 2014
This little iphone dock was advertised at £80 reduced to £30, had some good reviews so thought i'd give it a go. Decent sound and build quality and probably worth the £30 i paid for it. Wouldn't have been impressed had i payed £80 though.
on 22 December 2014
Bought for Ipod Touch 4 music playing and has a very good sound one of the biggest watts in the range and very good price as usual Amazon have delivered!
on 6 March 2014
When this works it is great, but sometimes for no reason it stops working and you have to unplug and start again. Bit annoying in the middle of a song.
on 20 October 2013
Stylish looking docking station with great sound. Excellent value for money, very pleased with this purchase. Would recommend to others.