5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating story, 1 Sep 2012
Mrs. S. Davies (Wales) - See all my reviews
I read this book in a couple of evenings because I just could not put it down. The story, which stretches decades and the final outcome are absolutely amazing. If you are interested in family history, genealogy and enjoy a true life mystery, you will love this book, it is excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finding Family: My Search for Roots and the Secrets in My DNA, 19 Nov 2012
An excellent, well written, intriguing book. Once started I had no option but to read on until finished, it was so good. A real life exciting detective story incorporating adoption, family history and DNA testing. Thoroughly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finding Family again, 29 Sep 2012
I bought Richard Hill's book recently and devoured it with great interest. The similarities with my own situation were more than I had anticipated. He was adopted but found out only later, I was brought up in a family (of six) and also later discovered that my 'father' was not my biological father. It wasn't so much the detective story that highlights our parallel search, it is about the personal feelings that he expresses and the time it took, from start to finish. DNA testing is my only hope too and Richard Hill's last few chapters are really helpful. I will need to re-read those and study some more.

His book has inspired me to take up the search again, for like many people in a similar situation, I have let it simmer for years. I will obtain a much more detailed DNA profile and try again, to follow in his path. My thanks go out for his inspiring book (and it DID read like a detective novel) that I couldn't put down. I must try again...

5.0 out of 5 stars Page turner, 10 Nov 2013
At the age of 18, Richard Hill discovered he was an adoptee when his family doctor, assuming he must know the truth about his birth, asked him, "How do you feel about being adopted?" His subsequent search for the truth about his birth parents which is detailed in this book occupied him on and off for the next 40 years and contains more twists and turns, false dawns and red herrings than most detective novels. This is a compelling read which I would recommend to anyone, not just those interested in genealogy.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant book, 20 July 2013
This review is from: Finding Family: My Search for Roots and the Secrets in My DNA (Kindle Edition)
It was sad and also at times funny, and had a happy ending!..which is what we all want!..couldn't put it down. Great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, informative and enjoyable read, 23 Mar 2013
P. hakeney (yorkshire) - See all my reviews
One man's journey to find his relatives using modern DNA techniques. As well as his interesting personal story the book also gives useful information about using DNA for geanealogy