4.0 out of 5 stars Portable fun and plug it in for a full sound!
There's a lot of criticism surrounding this turntable. I agree that delivery of broken or missing parts is unacceptable. I often purchase through Amazon but because of the many bad reviews here - in this case, to avoid a return hassle, I simply bought at my local record store - got them to play a record on the player before I bought it.
Many write that the audio...
Published 3 months ago by Timothy Bates

1.0 out of 5 stars AN APPALLINGLY BAD TURNTABLE
The worst bit of musical equipment I've ever experienced.

DO NOT BUY

Skips and tinny even once connected to speakers.

Terrible.

An embarrassment to vinyl.
Published 3 months ago by Alan

4.0 out of 5 stars Portable fun and plug it in for a full sound!, 22 July 2014
Timothy Bates (Bremen) - See all my reviews
Many write that the audio quality is not great. I say that it has similar audio quality to a portable radio with similar sized speakers.
I agree it is a shame that it's not possible to purchase something with this design with a high quality amplifier and speakers. I'd be happy to pay more for better quality.
Non the less, the speakers don't distort - the sound is just a little thin and the RPM is not always constant.
The headphone jack provides a similar sound to the speakers. A bit tinny and 'live" - a bit like an over-done "concert hall" equaliser preset. I would avoid the headphone option.
I decided to hook up the RCA connection output to my home stereo amplifier and it sounds very good. In fact it sounds as good as any turntable I've ever owned. Contrary to the built in speakers, it has a full sound from low bass all the way through to the top end.
I admit I wasn't expecting such a nice result after listening for a while through the built in speakers - but once hooked up correctly - Wow! Not bad at all. Just remember not to plug this unit into your "phono" amplifier input. Simply use the "AUX" or "Line IN" option for best results. (The Crosley does not have a proper PHONO output.)

One point off because the lid has no support lanyard.The lid needs to recline back fully for an LP to play unhindered putting stress on the hinges.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 8 Mar 2014
My dad used to be a DJ and so has boxes and boxes of records, so I thought I could try out some on this to see how they sounded compared to the CDs and iTunes I'm used to. I have to say, I love how it looks and it plays beautifully. I expected the speakers to sound a little tinny but not at all. I thought I was the only one bothered about getting this, but as soon as it arrived both my parents and my Auntie were crowded round excited to hear their nostalgia, and even they weren't disappointed.
So they product is fantastic, and it came in 3 days- amazing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Space saving device., 13 Dec 2013
I wanted a small record player for my teenage daughter to play all my vintage records on,this fitted the bill perfectly.It's small enough to store away neatly,but that does not deflect from the sound quality .Additional speakers can be attached,but she is more than happy with the sound/volume it produces.

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, slightly warped sound., 21 May 2014
This review is from: Crosley Cruiser Briefcase Style Three-Speed Portable Vinyl Turntable with Built-In Stereo Speakers - Turquoise (Electronics)
Fast delivery. Looks great and a decent price however it does make my records sound a little warped sometimes but I wasn't expecting perfection at a low price.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Crossley Cruiser3 speed turntable, 2 Feb 2014
Mr. K. R. Paterson (Newmarket, Suffolk United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
It does the job but it is difficult to imagine it will still be around in 20 years - like the old ones !

1.0 out of 5 stars AN APPALLINGLY BAD TURNTABLE, 19 July 2014
The worst bit of musical equipment I've ever experienced.

DO NOT BUY

Skips and tinny even once connected to speakers.

Terrible.

An embarrassment to vinyl.

4.0 out of 5 stars Missing lead, 24 Feb 2014
J. G. Moore (U/K) - See all my reviews
Bought this as a present for our daughter,when she opened it to use it there was no AC adaptor in the box by the time i got home from eork her husband had found an ACadaptor to fit it so she could use it. Other than that she was pleased with it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing to say the least, 27 Sep 2014
The Crosley Cruiser record player unfortunately didn't live up to the limited expectation because it failed to play any record without jumping, also played slower than it should. The tone arm was light, while the turntable itself was uneven caused by 3 raised plastic grommets. Let's not talk about the sound. Manage to find an alternative which has delivered on all of the above for a similar price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great turntable., 19 Dec 2013
Excellent design and very compact (and love the colour!). Perfect for what we wanted. Sound may not be good enough for real music buffs but it does have the capability to connect to other sound systems. Would definitely recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars It does what it says on the faux leather casing..., 31 July 2014
Based on existing reviews, this Crosley Cruiser Record Player split it's purchasers into two groups; the lovers and the haters. It seemed that the inexperienced vinyl listeners thought it fantastic and a real gem whereas the 'real' enthusiasts barely considered it worth the effort of burning. I have to absolutely 100% agree with...neither group. Although at 17 am hardly experienced with record players (and shamefully born much after the glory days of LPs) my previous encounter of one was of a large Sony stereo which I had in my room for about six months a couple of years ago. Of course, that piece of equipment was phenomenal, and therefore has left me a little disappointed with the Crosley. But! I cannot deny that the Crosley is possibly the best player available for £60. Yes, this is a style over substance piece of equipment - but there is no doubt that the painfully cheap MDF and faux leather covering, once assembled, look fantastic and straight out of a 60s teenagers bedroom. And Yes, The sound is mediocre. But it's passable- it sounds like something from 50 years ago, positively awful by today's digital standards (It is absolutely worth using separate speakers). All in all, if you can afford better, get better. If you're sucker for appearance or, like me, have absolutely no idea what you're talking about in the daunting world of hipsters telling you Croaleys are an insult to music, it's the perfect excuse to get one.