5.0 out of 5 stars Great to have Nell back..fantastic workout
Thankyou Nell!!..Having all of Nells workout dvds and enjoying every one, I was delighted to see she had made another one! Not for the faint hearted (as always). Liam Duffy leads the class as usual and certainly doesnt disappoint,some new exercises mixed in with old,all done to great music! You'll be sweating by the end but you'll be smiling!!
Published 19 months ago by Kathryn

3.0 out of 5 stars shades of exercise
Published 19 months ago by Ms. C. A. L. Diffley

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to have Nell back..fantastic workout, 4 Jan 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Be Prepared To Work Hard And See Results!, 7 April 2013
This review is from: Nell McAndrew Peak Energy Recharged [DVD] (DVD)
Having worked out with Nell for many years now, I have all her DVDs and was quite excited when this was released, after what seemed like an eternity since her last DVD.
Most other reviewers have already gone into a lot of detail about the content, so I shan't dwell on that too much here.
What I will say, though, is this is a step up from Nell's other DVDs, which are all hard enough in their own right.
As well as the usual running on the spot, in this you get additional moves which make it more challenging and - dare I say it - give you something to look forward to, knowing there is an interval coming - jumping lunges, mountain climbers (aka squat thrusts), jumping squats - are all there to add variety and challenge.
And then right at the end of the long cardio section there are two sets of high knees!
The "heavy hands" section also includes some balance work which is REALLY challenging and needs a lot of concentration. I'm still mastering this part, but can feel my balance improving each time I do it.
For the core section, there is a welcome addition of some plank work, which is a great exercise for overall core strength, not just the abs.
The studio is bright and airy, everyone looks as though they are having a great time - and Liam is his usual motivational self, telling you to do just "8 more", and then "8 more" again!
Personally, I love this sort of workout - long enough to feel as if it's worth getting out of bed for, and certainly hard enough to feel as though you've worked your whole body.
Having worked through this DVD about 6 times now, I look forward to it each time - and it also prompted me to dig out my DVd of the original Peak Energy the other day and go through that for old times' sake. I'd forgotten how tough that one is too!
To sum up, if you're looking for fancy dance moves and celebrity chat and grinning, then this is not for you.
If, on the other hand, you want to get stuck into a good, no-nonsense heart-pumping workout that will leave you feeling on top of the world (or collapsed on the floor!) then get this one - you won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Good One from Nell, 23 Jan 2013
This review is from: Nell McAndrew Peak Energy Recharged [DVD] (DVD)
I have all of Nell's DVD's and i like them all. They are all a bit samey but in some ways that is good because you know what to expect and that it will be a good work out. Having said that this one is the most different from the rest which is good.

5.0 out of 5 stars As ever another hit by Nellie and the team, 26 May 2013
This review is from: Nell McAndrew Peak Energy Recharged [DVD] (DVD)
Well worth getting if you like upbeat and intensive home workouts!, truly inspiring! A must for anyone who's serious about getting in shape

3.0 out of 5 stars shades of exercise, 20 Jan 2013
This review is from: Nell McAndrew Peak Energy Recharged [DVD] (DVD)
This is my first try of Nell, I'm a dedicated Davina fan. When I first started this dvd, i thought WOW, its just like old school clubbing - high energy moves and pumping music, then I thought no, its just like being with my ex partner - me running round as if on a hamster wheel whilst some old man shouts at me!. As it went on I found it far to agressive. It goes on, and on, with some essex bloke barking and barking at me, he even whistles, for that full degrading affect. I actually shouted back at him, I got angry, at one point I think I cried, but, I perservered with the blind hope that something that hurt so bad must be good for you and then something happened.... I don't know what chapter of Mr Grey it would have been, but, by the end of that DVD, with a classic stockholm effect, I was grateful to him. I think I even fancied him a bit.

This dvd is full on, high energy, cruelling and painful, but, its an amazing work out and I actually can't wait to do it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant!, 12 Oct 2013
This review is from: Nell McAndrew Peak Energy Recharged [DVD] (DVD)
As usual, this dvd delivers. Excellent all round work out and guaranteed to get you sweating! Can't recommend this enough. Very pleased!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 14 May 2013
This review is from: Nell McAndrew Peak Energy Recharged [DVD] (DVD)
I love this DVD,for years I have used nells 'the ultimate challenge',this is great!,simple but effective,not for the faint hearted,dripping with sweat at the end!

5.0 out of 5 stars Whoop 5 days of Nell, 11 Mar 2013
Emma Mcdonald - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nell McAndrew Peak Energy Recharged [DVD] (DVD)
I really like the other Nell McAndrew DVD's and this is just like the others so now I have a different DVD to do each weekday. It is a is a different style of aerobics really good if your uncoordinated like me (I fall over a the mere mention of a " grapevine". It is also good if you do not have much space to do the aerobics in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another corker from Nell, 26 Jan 2013
This review is from: Nell McAndrew Peak Energy Recharged [DVD] (DVD)
First of all, yes, I do agree with other reivewers that if you have all of Nell's other workouts, then this is more of the same. But the cardio bit does change it up a bit. I run half marathons and still found this to be a good satisfying workout that made me want to do it again!

You will get to the point where you think you have had enough, but keep going and think how good you will feel the first time you get all the way through it.

No, it's probably NOT for an absolute beginner, the faint-hearted or someone who is scared of breaking a sweat. But it is a high energy workout, especially if you do the interval cardio rather than the continuous. I burned around the same amount of claories as 4 mile run. That's not bad going for a workout dvd.

Yes, the moves might seem a bit repetitive, but if it works, why change it?! And I kind of like it when the instructor, Liam whistles - it motivates me to try just '8 more'!

If you are not familiar with Nell's workout, there is a section in the extras that talks about good form etc. Watch that before doing the workout. If you feel like it's too hard going, don't just stop! Walk it out and pick it back up when you get your breath!

I don't know about other people, but I want a workout that will challenge me! If you want mamby pamby self-promotional celebrity drivel, this isn't for you. Nell works hard. She isn't interested in putting on a show and trying to be entertaining like other unbearable celebrities. She hasn't starved herself to create a dvd and then go binge and put all the weight back on. She is a true athlete who runs marathons in under 3 hours. I know who I'd trust more in a workout dvd!

It does what it says on the tin - it's a good hard workout!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great workout, 25 Jan 2013
This review is from: Nell McAndrew Peak Energy Recharged [DVD] (DVD)
Only downfall of this is that i didnt find Nell's DVD sooner - really loved the music and the workout - As it first time i have followed Nell in a workout i thought it was a bit of a fluff that she wasnt actually leading on the workout and didnt talk etc however at the end - whilst i was barely able to breath never mind talk she took over for the last part of the exercise and was able to talk and work it - so she is up there in my estimations - Great Workout (& watch the girl in the luminous yellow on the row behind.....my word she can double herself in half - RESPECT! Jenny

Nell McAndrew Peak Energy Recharged [DVD]