5.0 out of 5 stars I need a drink...
***DISCLOSURE***
'Anker' provided this item free of charge for me to test and evaluate. In exchange, I agreed to provide an honest review detailing my thoughts. This is said review.
----------------------------------------------

Having used my new phone for a little under a week with the Anker screen...
Published 11 months ago by DARKcell

2.0 out of 5 stars Bubbles galore. Avoid.
Published 1 month ago by M. Kennedy

5.0 out of 5 stars I need a drink..., 29 Sep 2013
DARKcell - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: AnkerŪ Screen Protector for iPhone 5S / iPhone 5C / iPhone 5 [3-Pack] Xtreme Scratch Defender Ultra-Clear High-Response Premium with Lifetime Warranty (Wireless Phone Accessory)
***DISCLOSURE***
----------------------------------------------

Having used my new phone for a little under a week with the Anker screen protector on, I can honestly say it was well worth the stress filled tale you are about to read through. It feels a lot smoother than my last one, doesn't offer any glare, and all in all is a much more premium product than any of my previous screen protectors.

To me, the use of a screen protector on a phone such as the iPhone 5S is non-negotiable. It seems ridiculous how people can spend hundreds on a phone, then fail to fork out the few pounds to adequately protect it. I have personally had a phone saved by a screen protector after my 4S went 'skimming' face-first through gravel. With that in mind, the hunt began.

With a cursory search, these are the only screen protectors I could find that have a cut-out specifically for the proximity sensor. Does this improve the ability of the sensor to do its job? I have no idea. But I'd like to think it does. There are also a few screen protectors than only offer protection for the screen, ignoring the 'header' and 'footer'.

The package comes with a micro-fibre cloth, a bubble removal card and a dust-removal adhesive strip. The first two are as you would imagine, the real surprise to me was the dust-removal adhesive strip. It really does work a treat, removing all trace of dust and those tiny hairs that can spoil the look of a nice phone.

Down to the arduous task of actually applying these little stress-enducing pieces of plastic...
The included instructions suggest you use the micro-fibre cloth to remove the majority of foreign objects from the screen, then follow this up with the dust-removal adhesive strip to pick up any stragglers. This works brilliantly and does indeed leave a perfectly clean screen. For those that are new to the world of screen protectors, these are like many others, using the two-step method of application. There is a thin piece of plastic covering each side of the protector. These are numbered. Peel of number 1, apply protector to screen, smooth out bubbles etc and peel off number 2. Simple; in theory.

My issue begins with me actually pealing off the first piece of plastic covering the screen protector, and accurately applying said protector to said screen. I simply don't seem capable of getting the de-plastic'd screen protector onto to the spotless screen without some unwieldy micro-hair or speck of dust dive bombing from out of nowhere to ruin my day. I realise this is no fault of the manufacturer, and there certainly isn't anything more they could have done, short of making the journey to my house and applying the screen protector for me - Anker, any chance?

On the very slim chance an Apple suit is reading this, I would pay a decent amount more for my iPhone if I could have it delivered with screen protector already factory fitted. Please.

After two failed attempts, I finally got the third screen protector lined up just so, with not a hair out of place, or indeed in place. Perfect.

Soon after battling through yet another screen protector saga, on what has annually become the most stress filled day of the year, I retired myself to the billiard room with a stiff drink.

Until next year...

OVERVIEW
Would I recommend this product to a friend? Yes

PROS:
+ Protects screen
+ Millimetre perfect cut-outs, including one for the proximity sensor
+ Multiple handy accessories included, as well as instructions
+ It's finally on, and I can relax until September 2014

CONS:
- My complete incompetence and inability to perform seemingly simple tasks
----------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 30 April 2014
Miss B. Potter (Norwich) - See all my reviews
Easy to apply, noticeably better quality than the cheap screen protectors. Can't even tell it's on! Would definitely buy again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 29 April 2014
Excellently priced product, easy to use and clearly instructed, would happily recommend to any iPhone 5 users looking for extra cover to avoid nasty scratches.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great protector, 29 April 2014
Very good protector and very easy to apply - the kit comes with the screen cleaner and a card to smooth out any bubbles

5.0 out of 5 stars First time I've managed a bubble-free screen. Excellent quality., 26 July 2014
Mrs (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
The screen protector itself is beautifully clear. If you use all the tools they give you you can achieve a no-bubble screen. We all know it's really hard to do, but this is the best pack I've ever had. I started off with another product well worth getting if you mind about the clarity of your screen: a pack of MyWipe wet and dry cleaning wipes (good for phones, tablets, LCD, LED, PCs, cameras). Worked at every smear with the wet wipe, then ran the dry wipe over section by section before the wet wipe dried: wet-wipe area, quickly dry-wipe; wet-wipe next area, quickly dry-wipe. Held phone up to light with black screen and used silk lint-free cloth to wipe off visible dust particles. Peeled some of layer 1 off, positioned cover in corners and over mic/camera, slowly unpeeled rest of layer one and smoothed down cover. Here's the good bit. If you find you've got a dust particle under there somehow, get ready with the dust sticker, carefully unpeel the area of cover you need to, and dab at the screen AND (important) the underside of the cover where the dust was. Carefully roll the cover back down and use your fingernail or the bubble card to squeeze any other bubbles to the nearest edge. If there's still a dust dot, you can get away with more unpeeling and more dust-stickering. When you're happy, peel off layer 2, any remaining bubbles are easily squeezed away, if you STILL have a dust flake you can redo the dust sticker process if you're very careful. I've never been so pleased. And the quality feels and looks top-notch.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bubbles galore. Avoid., 28 July 2014
M. Kennedy - See all my reviews
I bought a pack of these for my iPhone 5. The packaging and materials initially seemed like good quality and I thought I'd bought a real bargain. (I'd previously bought the dearer Belkin or Griffin screen protectors.) I was wrong, these are no bargain and sadly I've had problems with all 3 of these screen protectors. All 3 have 'bubbled' in different places and also don't seem to fit the phone properly. It's very annoying. I've never had this problem before with Belkin or Griffin screen protectors so I guess you get what you pay for.

EDIT: I've since been contacted by AnkerDirect and their rep worked very hard to make things right for me. I was delighted they tried to help, but I'd already bought a replacement from elsewhere. They asked me to change my review; I'm happy to mention that their customer service seems superb, but I'm not willing to change my above comments as sadly my experience with their product wasn't great.

Customer service = Great!
Screen protectors = Not so great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Avoid the coffee and take your time, 13 Aug 2014
I have had one of these screen protectors on my phone for a whole year now, and as a result have not received any damage to my phone's screen despite continued regular use. There were numerous light scratches to the protector after a year of rubbing up against keys and coins in my pocket, so I've just decided to apply the 2nd of the three protectors to give my phone a refresh. The kit has everything you need to do a great job of fitting the screen protector, but you need to do a bit of preparation first:

Make sure you are in a clean environment with no open windows.
Clean the screen with a microfibre cloth and spray cleaner first e.g spectacle spray or LCD screen cleaner.
Apply the protector when you have steady hands and have the time to work patiently, don't try to of it in a hurry after drinking 3 cups of morning coffee!

Even if a stray fibre or speck of dust gets on the screen, remove carefully without folding any of the edges and use the dust removing sticky strip and try again.

Excellent product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - as usual for Anker!, 4 Jun 2014
No - I am not an Anker employee, or connected to the company in any way, other than as a customer!
There were not three but FOUR screen protectors in the pack, which contains clear instructions and all the kit you need. I followed the instructions to the letter and was then annoyed to see ONE speck of dust under the screen protector. OK - scrub that one! For the second try, I used a piece of blu-tac to hold the centre of the protector, COMPLETELY removed the film protecting the adhesice side (contrary to the instructions!) while holding my breath and positioned the screen protector perfectly. Then removed the blu-tac, removed the film protecting the other side and - voila - perfect ! I am sure it IS possible to do a perfect job following the instructions, but my way worked for me!

This is another excellent quality product from Anker at a very reasonable price. The protector is immaculate - you would not know it was there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality, 22 April 2014
Purchased this for my new Iphone 5s and no disappointment at all. In fact I wouldn't have even bothered to review the product had it not been for the follow up to mention that in case there are any problems with the product that there is also an 18 month warenty on the product if needed (I doubt it will be!).

In a nut shell I need to take the outer case off in order to use my Iphone at the gym to fit into my armband which is no problem at all leaving the inner protection on.

Great product and worth the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 21 April 2014
Great product - highly recommended. First screen protector I've managed to apply without any bubbles! Would definitely purchase again without hesitation.