Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.49

on 25 March 2016
5.0 out of 5 stars Better than The Green Mile. That says a lot.
Trisha O'Keefe reels you in from the first sentence and does not let you go. I see John Cusak as Jordan and possible Morgan Freeman as Charlie. It is amazing that all this is based on an actual case. It is hard to believe such things went on and were swept under the rug. This is the best southern fiction I have read all year, and I read A LOT. Do it again, Trisha! I want more!
— CJ Loiacono
on 19 July 2013
Disappointed as this wasn't what I expected at all. It sounded a fascinating murder mystery but it's all set way back in the 1930's and nowhere in the blurb does it mention this !! I wouldn't have downloaded it if I realised because as a rule I like my fiction a lot more contemporary. I did give it a go, though....I got to 9% in but the mistakes along with it being set in olden times meant I wasn't going any further.
Waivered where wavered should have been used. Then a to left out of a sentence, a new sentence started mid-sentence..."As he mounted the crumbling steps. The decaying planks gave under his weight". The he scared a mouse but mentioned in the same paragraph that he was glad something else was alive in the place apart from mice, lizards and jungle vines !! Nonsensical.
My final straw was the mention of a rooster with its neck rung. 'Nuff said.