JET

5.0 out of 5 stars A stunning new hero
Published on 15 Oct. 2012 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised
Thoroughly enjoyable read especially for free. I will try some More of Blake's stuff. Recommended if you like action thrillers
Published on 7 April 2013 by MR M P OLIVER

5.0 out of 5 stars A stunning new hero, 15 Oct. 2012
This review is from: JET (Kindle Edition)
All Maya wanted was to live a simple life, but when demons from her past come calling she finds herself in a battle for survival. The story takes us around the world as Jet - a former Mossad agent - seeks to find out not only who could want her dead, but who knows she's still alive. The action kicks off from the very first pages and gallops unrelenting towards a great climax.

One thing I hate when reading action books is to get weighed down by waffling, flowery prose. Thankfully, Blake avoids this and the story keeps you hooked throughout. His new hero is believable and well crafted, and I know we're going to hear a lot more from her.

5.0 out of 5 stars She thought she could start anew but...., 30 Dec. 2012
Frenchie "Francine" - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: JET (Kindle Edition)
I have to say that Mr Russell Blake is now one of my favourite writers. The action in his books is spectacular, full of 'special effects', yet, absolutely plausible and absolutely fascinating. You will also find that Mr Blake works magic with his words, because he writes many things without actually writing them but you know they are happening and you can visualise them in your mind while reading.
Maya, Codename Jet, is what I would qualify the epitome of men fantasy and what most of us women, would like to be (I think!). She is brave and determined, can be ruthless to the point of being fearless although, when caught unaware and not on a mission, you can feel her vulnerability and her humanity. She is loyal, she is intelligent without showing superiority and obviously, she is extremely beautiful and sensual. But unlike other writers' heroines, her beauty is natural. You could not envisage her not to be beautiful because you feel her beauty comes inside and radiate outside. Also even though she is the epitome of ''girl power'', she is assertive without being aggressive (a great difference that many writers do not realise and their heroines come out as brash and stubborn). Jet does not need to put down her male counterparts to be heard, and while she can be stubborn, she can also listen to reason and change her plans accordingly. But make no mistake, she is no angel (after all, she is an assassin) and she is not perfect, she is just herself. That is what makes her so endearing.
I see that other reviewers have talked about the plot, so, I shall not ramble on.
I was extremely lucky to stumble upon JET (JET #1) when the author kindly allowed it for free for a few days. But believe me, free or not, if you like action books, then you cannot go wrong by downloading it. Jet I finished on a twist and a cliff hanger so, I have downloaded Jet II and Jet III because I have to know what will happen next.
I could not rate JET (JET #1) less than 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 11 Mar. 2013
This review is from: JET (Kindle Edition)
Although this book constantly reminded me of a film I watched a couple of years ago (and which I cannot for the life of me remember the name) it was nonetheless a rip-roaring yarn, and a well written, professional novel.
Fast paced, it streaks along at a cracking rate, spanning half the globe, with twists and turns a-plenty along the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Jet Roars, 28 Oct. 2012
This review is from: JET (Kindle Edition)
Russell Blake's "Jet" is the first novel in a fast paced trilogy that will have you on the edge of your seat. Jet is an ex-Mossad operative who faked her own death to get out of the business. She's made a new life for herself on the island of Trinidad. Suddenly her life is disrupted by an assassination attempt that could only have been planned by professionals.

Now Jet must figure out how she was betrayed and who wants her dead. Her search will take her across continents and unearth a plot of destruction and domination.

The character of Jet reminded me of an older Lizbeth Salander from "The Dragon Tattoo". Blake gives Jet more emotion and depth in this first book of the trilogy than Lisbeth had in "Dragon", in my opinion. The villains are deliciously evil.

The story is fast-paced and full of unexpected twists and turns. It's a great thrill ride that will leave you anticipating the rest of the trilogy.

5 stars - Kate Farrell, The Kindle Book Review
(The KBR received a free copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. We are not connected with the author, publisher, or Amazon in any way.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Whoa!, 20 Jan. 2013
This review is from: JET (Kindle Edition)
I tell you what, this is shaping up to be the book of 2013, and I'm only 5 chapters in. Best of all, it cost £0.00p!!! The action starts almost from page one (and I'll use an overly familiar metaphor here) it's a rollercoaster ride of edgy writing, with superb characterisation. I loved the chase through the back allies and streets of Trinidad. You almost feel like the pursuer's have Jet's number but of course, that would make for a very short book. Looking forward to another 5 or six chapters tonight.....

4.0 out of 5 stars Jet-tastic!, 5 Mar. 2013
This review is from: JET (Kindle Edition)
Good book, liked it a lot characters well portrayed and so is the time and place this book played in.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast and furious, 5 Mar. 2013
This review is from: JET (Kindle Edition)
Fast moving action which stretched belief at times. Jet's character is larger than life but i have to admit, I enjoyed the book

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun for free, 4 Mar. 2013
This review is from: JET (Kindle Edition)
I got this as a free kindle download and didn't expect too much. I was wrong. I enjoyed the book. It's easy to read and I looked forward to read the next page. The plot was light and rather far fetched in my opinion but I still read to the end. It was a good change to most of the books I read. I'd call the book a good holiday read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Suspense Thriller, 2 Mar. 2013
This review is from: JET (Kindle Edition)
This is a really good read, and well worthwhile downloading to the Kindle. A good read. . .and not to be missed.

4.0 out of 5 stars review, 1 Mar. 2013
This review is from: JET (Kindle Edition)
what i call blood and thunder novel...nothing new or exciting, the same old same old, but still a good read :)

JET