5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read
I wrote a 5* review for Nine Lives and am giving Blackout a 5* rating as well as another great read. I like the bond of the ARU team. He draws all his characters very well, even the minor characters, and the story flows along at a fast pace with the unexpected thrown in. I would definitely recommend his books if you want an exciting read!
Published 23 months ago by jolf

1.0 out of 5 stars I don't really know how I can give it any ...
I don't really know how I can give it any other rating.I received this on my kindle after paying 2;49 expecting appx.400 pages of reading,what I received was a precis of about 150.pages.
I have noted that this happens quite often on other purchases (of kindle books) and I,am getting fed up of downloading books and finding they are not full length,.
Published 23 days ago by Vinnie

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read, 26 Sep 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 21 Oct 2012
Wendy Channing (France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blackout (Sam Archer Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
Found Tom Barber in the Free Book Section for Kindle a few months ago - and what a free book - Started with The Getaway and then found Blackout - and cant wait for the next book - Both books had me gripped from the very beginning and I loved all the characters - there are not many books I am loath to finish - but this is one of them - what a find in this author - keep writing Tom - I am your number one fan and love your books

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Amazing Read !, 7 Oct 2012
Blackout (Sam Archer 3)
This Sam Archer series just seems to get better and better I only have praise for this author for creating an amazing character that both men and women can't help but like, as I said in a previous review, this is certainly an author to keep watching, his talents as an author and future screenwriter are clearly evident and with this fast paced and action packed thriller Sam really is in his element, I can't wait for the next.
As with the first two this is Highly Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as nine lives, 22 Mar 2013
J. Jupe (manchester UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blackout (Sam Archer Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
Bought this book as soon as I had finished nine lives which I thought was great. A good book but not quite as good. The characters (apart from the ARU guys) a little far fetched. All in all a good read and guess what, yes I have had to buy his next book. My friends have not see me for days!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved the plot, 16 July 2014
Blackout (Sam Archer 3) – Tom Barber

Sam Archer and the other members of his team, working in Armed Response Unit London, return from the practice range to their offices thinking it might be “another boring day at the office” but their lives and that of their commanding officer, Director Tim Cobb are about to be badly shaken up when a group of hardened prisoners who have escaped from the prison Ferri, in Serbia, make their way not only to England but also the USA to get the revenge they feel is their due as a result of them being sentenced during the war in Serbia after three USA soldiers had been kidnapped. These ex-soldiers are determined to wipe out the team of Special Forces from both the USA and England who had been sent to rescue the captured USA soldiers. One of this team was Director Tim Cobb.

The book is fast and furious with massive gun battles breaking out across London and its surrounds. This series of books are fun to read, all have clever story lines. My only gripe is that it appears that not all mistakes have been edited. Some examples: “The CIA agent switched his back attention to the screen”. “Once they’d obtained what they were wanted”.

4.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable read, 29 Jun 2014
somnus "somnus" (Cambes Lot et Garonne France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blackout (Sam Archer Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
I got this on the back of 'Nine Lives' by the same author. I gave 'Nine Lives' 5 stars but while this was a good well written story, I thought it was a bit convoluted at times. Same characters in this yarn working for the ARU, (Armed Response Unit) who continue to serve and protect. Not in my opinion as good as Nine Lives. That said I would recommend this book if you enjoy a good thriller.

5.0 out of 5 stars Suspense, action, great story of revenge from a very likeable and tough as nails Sam Archer!, 5 May 2014
This review is from: Blackout (Sam Archer Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
Another edge of the seat Sam Archer! Great action, great lead and support characters and a great group of enemies dishing out lashings of revenge. If you like Lee child and Reacher, Archer is a similar breed and I suspect would get on well with Jack in a pinch! Good work Tom Barber!

5.0 out of 5 stars page turner supreme, 3 April 2014
This review is from: Blackout (Sam Archer Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
Yet another great adventure by Tom Barber, fast pace , lots of bodies, not too gory, exactly the sort of book I enjoy most

4.0 out of 5 stars Blackout, 4 Aug 2013
Joo "kuforum" (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Blackout (Sam Archer Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
I picked this up as a freebie a few days ago never having heard of this author, nor having read the previous books. Something drew me to it and I read it straight away. It didn't matter that I hadn't read the previous 2. If anything had followed on it was easily explained, the book was a good stand alone book.

It's set in the world of Armed Response Units, so there's lots of guns and death as there is a hit list that the head of ARU is on and it is a matter of time for finding out who's doing the killings and to stop them.

I enjoyed this story, it was fast paced with little filler. I'm certainly going to read more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sam Archer Rocks!, 23 July 2013
Gerard McGuinness (Crossmolina, Co. Mayo Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blackout (Sam Archer Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
Have found the third Sam Archer novel as excellent as the previous two, plenty of twists to keep you guessing, great characters and plot, couldn't put it down, read it in 24 hours. Highly recommended.

Blackout (Sam Archer  Book 3)
2.49