5.0 out of 5 stars Blazingly Fast !
Published on 27 Nov. 2012 by Nathan

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed in less than a month
Published 10 months ago by Paul Vickers

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed in less than a month, 3 Jun. 2014
Paul Vickers (UK) - See all my reviews
A nice idea but one that doesn't work. I used the drive happily for about 3 weeks, always taking care to put it back in its protective orange sleeve after use. Yesterday I plugged it in to my Mac and it wouldn't mount. I plugged it into a Windows machine which told me my Lacie NAND flash device was working properly and was ready to use but it too refused to mount a volume on it. It is now a very nice orange desk accessory. Completely useless. I guess the one comfort is that the files I had put onto an encrypted partition in it are now truly safe.

I should have read the reviews before ordering it. Don't waste your money on this. I'm sending it back for a refund so that I can buy a different brand. I'd give it 0 stars if I could.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable - AVOID, 19 Feb. 2014
I was pleased with this purchase at first as it was a fast and worked well with my PC and MacBook. However, unfortunately like many other people have, I became a victim of a device failure after only a few months and the stick data could not be recovered. Luckily I had the stick backed up on Livedrive but trying to retrieve the data from a client site over 3G is not an experience I would like to repeat.

Lacie have obviously got a fundamental reliability issue with this product (just look how many other people are having failures) which is made worse by the fact that this USB drive is sold at a premium due to it being 'ruggedised'. This was my first Lacie purchase but I will definitely steer clear of them in the future. I suggest you do likewise if you value your data.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blazingly Fast !, 27 Nov. 2012
This review is from: LaCie RuggedKey 9000146 16GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive (Accessory)
I purchased this for use with a mid 2012 MacBook Pro equipped with USB 3.0, and for occasional use on a PC with USB 2.0 ports. The drive works on both machines and is fast, but on the MacBook Pro it's blazingly fast ! Creating a USB boot drive for OS-X Mountain Lion takes about twenty minutes on a USB 2.0 drive, but with this LaCie Rugged Key it took just under three minutes ! The product is very well constructed, the brushed aluminum is finished to a high standard, and the device fits into the orange rubber case securely. I was not keen on the design at first, I prefer the simple rectangular shaped drives, but seeing it in person I really like it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy!, 21 May 2014
Absolutely shocking i purchased this as it was recommended to me by a friend. I bought one and after a couple months it just stopped working. I then bought another one thinking it was a one off & the same thing happened again. Will never purchase these again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best flash drive, 22 Nov. 2012
The best flash drive I have ever bought and the largest capacity. The orange holder is very helpful in keeping track of the device and the shape of the key helps to fit it in the USB slot the right way up.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT PURCHASE!, 28 Dec. 2013
DO NOT PURCHASE THIS! THEY WILL STOP WORKING AT SOME POINT. I have purchased 2 of these and not even a month later they both stopped working. Couldn't recover my files. I asked Lacie company to send me a replacement and they did but they stopped working as well

1.0 out of 5 stars Probably the worst piece of cool looking kit I've bought, 8 Feb. 2014
You'll lose the outer orange case within a week then its just a flash drive that also stopped working after a month it was replaced and guess what that one broke too complained to Lacie very poor service I'd never go Lacie again WD every time

1.0 out of 5 stars 4 FAILED out of 10, 6 Dec. 2013
This is a product review and not one of Amazon.

I got 10 of these for a project, 4 have had controller failures.

Stay as far away as possible if you want to retain your data.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working after four months, 25 Jun. 2013
Present for husband. Product worked quickly but stopped after only 4 months. Luckily it was only being used to transfer data...

1.0 out of 5 stars Not so rugged... it stopped working...., 24 Feb. 2013
T. Pollard (Oxford, UK) - See all my reviews
As a Christmas gift for my brother, I was not great that it stopped working within a month - just stopped being able to read/write any data to it. Amazon refunded my money, and we purchased a similar device from a different company.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›