on 15 October 2012
I have now read three #kindle ebooks by BB - "A Last Chance Powerdrive Part 1", "Letter to India" (also reviewed on Amazon), and now, "A Last Chance Powerdrive Part 2". It's interesting to follow a new author who is gradually finding and, more importantly, developing and refining, his voice. This is by far the gentler of the three books, and I felt more empathy for and engagement with his story in this book.

I loved the opening of the book - the backstory filled in of BB's 'life' journey, his earlier experiences in - and out of - his band, his self-indulgent self-discovery in the American desert, as episodes counterbalancing the early part of the resumption of his Indian journey. Part 2 effectively picks up immediately after the end of Part 1, and I found the backstory device a very engaging way of leading into this book.

Solitude, a near-death experience, meetings, partings and throughout, India herself as an equal and major character in the story. Great stuff.

My only criticism: BB gives a dedication at the start of the book to his proof-reader. This is misplaced, as the proofing for the first half of the book is intrusively poor. This is something that needs to be addressed in future works.

I previously tweeted a 5* rating when I finished this book. I am happy to confirm that again now, and look forward to Part 3 with anticipation.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 25 September 2012
What a fantastic read. Benedict, like in the first installment of the book really pulls you into his journey of India and also the journey of his life. He explains in great detail the country of India and the culture that's within it, to the point where you're almost there with him breathing in that hot dusty polluted air. This book is great for all people, weather to kill some time on the train, or for people who intend on going on a trip to India themselves. It's also very witty in places and Benedicts use of similes in some parts of the book had me chuckle!

All in all a good read! Enjoy it.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again