Format: Audio CD|Change

on 16 April 2013
its a great album which i like very much as i am into different sounding tracks from the original recorded ones.
on 26 February 2015
BRILL
on 1 December 2012
Disappointed with the mastering of this CD, the sound is horrible, the tracks are coming from bad sources such as vinyls.
44 comments|3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 January 2013
These guys can really play their instruments to a very high standard, were always way too good for the charts and this is a great collection. I have to say that if there is any vinyl mastering here, I can't tell at all.

Some of the 12" mixes aren't really much longer or much different than the originals, but that doesn't put me off too much.

However, they haven't put one of my favourites on here - 'City Rhythm' - that great 12" mix with all of it's glorious "shabba dabbas", where is it? So many times collections albums are released and they miss off a great track. So that's why I'm only giving it four stars whereas otherwise it would have been five!
on 30 July 2015
a1
on 27 November 2012
Fantastic 12" complelation of this Massive British Funk band of of 80's
Many tracks, i have not heard for decades and what a shame because many people have commented on this talent.
Bill Sharp on Keyboards, Piano and Synth really know his stuff. Can play all three at once! Amazing!!
I thought Joe Sample was good!
Check this album out, or check out on You Tube first!
on 28 January 2013
if you like the 70's and 80's era of 12" mixes you really need this fresh album in superb cd quality!
on 27 December 2012
I know I live 'across the pond' but I love this group and have all their albums (minus those "collections") on CD or vinyl. I think "Bitter Sweet" from the OPEN YOUR EYES album is one of their best acid-jazz dance pieces and just plain good music. It was remixed and 12"d so why isn't it on this collection? I mean, if this is supposed to be their best 12"s then "Bitter Sweet" should have been included. Awful oversight and from what I'm reading some pretty awful mastering. Horrible way to treat a group as talented as Shakatak.