Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 1 October 2012
They are back and what a return.
Without doubt one of the most underrated bands of my generation but who consistently produce a class product.
Had the pleasure of being at the album launch at King Tuts in May and it sounded good then... you have delivered!
I am a huge fan of James Grant (check out his solo work) and never thought I would see another Love and Money release...thank you for seeing sense (if i ever find out the name of the friend who after a solo gig asked JG the question..would it really that bad to get back together I will gladly by them a pint)
Anyway the album. Ten songs of supreme quality. Songwriting at it's very best. Smacking tunes with JG vocals shining through with the harmonies of the beautiful Monica Queen.
Highlight a bad track that does not deserve a place on this album and I will highlight a FOOL
Every track a winner, however, I love the haunting sound of The Desired. So far the stand out track for me but so much competition.
A musical masterpiece.....much appreciated
on 7 November 2012
Love and Money and in particular James Grant have produced yet another beautiful album. Since their debut they have gone from strength to strength. After such a long time away you have to wonder what the quality would be like. I suppose the quality of James Grant's solo work never left it in doubt. It constantly annoys me to see talentless idiots on X factor week in week out when this country has such talented singer song writers and bands that never get the credit they deserve. All 10 tracks are fantasticly crafted, produced and sung. Well done L&M.
on 22 October 2012
It's incredible that one of my favourite bands from my teenage years manage to get back together some 20 years later and produce this. I've been listening to `A Strange Kind of Love' for weeks now waiting for this to be delivered and it's just incredible. Well worth the two decade wait. The same band you always loved but with a more modern, fresher approach. This one will be on my iPod favourites and CD player for some time to come.
on 10 February 2013
My favourite Love and Money album is Dogs in the Traffic and I don't think it's lost it's edge over the years. For me this is it's perfect partner. James Grant's liquid gold voice continues to soothe, haunt and hypnotise you throughout. Some real classics for me, with my favourite being "This is the last time", although there is isn't a weak track on here.

Class.
on 19 October 2012
A truly fantastic album, every track is a joy. As one reviewer has already said, it's difficult to find a duff track. Love and Money produce intelligent pop music - great tunes, vocals and lyrics. It is exactly how a classic album should sound. A very rare event in this day and age.

In short THE album of the year, 2012.
on 5 January 2013
..and what a return it is.

Every track a gem as you would expect from an established songwriter like James Grant. At once moving, but also exploring new ground, this is a fabulous album from one of Scotland's finest bands.

5 Stars!
on 8 October 2015
Oh Dear! I approached this album with some trepidation, one of my favourite bands since the day I first heard 'Jocelyn Square' whilst walking through Jocelyn Square! Serendipity? You bet. However, this does not match the splendour of any of Love and Money's earlier albums, and 'This Is The Last Time' excepted, few other songs make the grade here.

So why the three stars? The band still play well, and it's still better than much of what's called music today, maybe it will grow on me, I hope so, I wanted so much to like it.

I've long been an admirer of James Grant's writing skills, and most of his solo work is on an entirely different level to this album. Really does sound like out-takes from his solo work and, even Last Time sounded better last time!
on 27 March 2013
Nice to get this.. I saw L&M live a few months ago and they played a few songs from this album. Y ou can see where their musicianship has developed with this album and James Grant as usual comes up with some well written songs.
on 5 October 2012
After 20 years away Love & Money have produced another stunning piece of work. Buy this and enjoy it, simple as that.
on 23 November 2012
... and one of your favorite bands as an adolescent delivers a grown-up album that makes you feel like no time has passed at all. The mark of great artists.