5.0 out of 5 stars An Amazing Trip down Memory Lane, 12 Jan 2013
Mike Flex (Peterborough UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 1962 British Hit Parade Part 2: July to December (Audio CD)
OK so let's put this album into perspective. If you download it comes at less than 6p per track. I put this in before all the purist record collectors come on and pull it apart track by track. On a couple of tracks, the remastering has created strange effects. Certainly effects that are not on my original mono singles. I am also not convinced that every track is the original single release (A Forever Kind Of Love as an example). A couple of the tracks sound as if they were copied from a Dansette onto a tape recorder (remember that!) But as I said, for 6p a tune what the heck!

This album is a fantastic trip down memory lane. I have gone for the download, previous years I have purchased the box sets which are beautifully presented. Buy it, in whatever format, and enjoy it for what it is.

Three things that make this worth buying
1 Hear how ordinary Love Me Do sounds compared to other songs of the time. I am a huge Beatles fan, but this did surprise me.
2 That Noise by Antony Newley. I had completely forgotten this but the words came flooding back after 50 years.
3 Merry Christmas You Suckers, which I do not remember at all, is my new Christmas Theme Tune.Could it be next years' Christmas No 1!
Well done to everyone who put this together. Looking forward to 1963 next January!

5.0 out of 5 stars Postcard Perfect, 11 Jan 2013
millerrobertson (Grangemouth, Stirlingshire) - See all my reviews
As a snapshot from the years 1960(when I was born), 1961 and 1962 these are brilliant. I must add as well that I prefer this packaging to the boxes and the liner notes are very well put together. Also glad to see The Beatles and the Four Seasons making their first chart appearances, although may I ask what version of Love Me Do is used as I think it's different from other versions that I have heard? Congratulations to Fantastic Voyage and let's hope for many more.

5.0 out of 5 stars 1962 British Hit Parade - Parts 1 & 2 (from Fantastic Voyage), 16 Jan 2013
R. Humphries (Cheshire,UK) - See all my reviews
Having purchased the Acrobat set for 1961 last year the quality of the CD's was far better from Fantastic Voyage. They play on all my audio devices unlike the Acrobat set which would not play on any - in the end, having asked for a replacement which were equally as poor I had to copy them onto my Pc hard-drive and play them through iTunes. This is a pity as the Acrobat booklet format is far more appealing. However, the slimline packaging from Fantastic Voyage makes it far easier to store. Overall, these year by year sets are perfect for those interested in the history of the UK pop charts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous series, but is this the last one?, 23 April 2013
Fantastic value for money as in the previous issues for 1960/61 and first half of 62. However, as the copyright rules are changing later this year to 70 years for recorded music, it doesn't look like we will get the 1963 set until 2033. I should think I'll be dead and gone by then! Additionally, does that mean that the sets already issued for 1960 thru 1962 will have to be deleted later this year as the copyright for these recordings will be extended to 2030 thru 2032. If you want these sets you better get them while you can because they probably won't be available next year!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of goodies here, 8 May 2013
The first Beatles single is here and obviously pop music is on the cusp of a new era. Sadly there are still too many songs by the crooners for my taste but this collection contains every top 50 hit for the period, so there they are. The quality of the recordings is excellent and, unlike some others, I don't have any problem with the sleeve and packaging.

5.0 out of 5 stars The last one, 6 Dec 2013
Robert Carpenter (South Wales) - See all my reviews
I've collected all the box sets since 1952 onward enjoying every moment of this fantastic voyage of nostalgia and whilst looking forward to the next instalment of 1963 I learn that due to EU legislation which means the music stays in copyright
for a further 20 years and thus increasing the cost and availability of the music to licence from the music companies who seem to overlook a lot of the music from these era's unless of course they were big hits. My thought were a joint effort by both the creators of this legendary set to cut the price down. Long live the British Hit Parade compilations long into the future. Perhaps the EU will have a change of heart before the people of that era have long gone and there's no-one left who appreciate this music.

5.0 out of 5 stars The End?, 30 Sep 2013
I have written to both Fantastic Voyage and Acrobat regarding the future of these sets. Like the other sets, I thought British Hit Singles 1963 was due at the end of September 2013 for release early next year. Unfortunately I have received no response from either organisation. This is a pity since I have all the other sets and they are excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars 1962 British Hit Parade Part 2, 22 July 2013
Five discs containing all the records in the hit parade in the second half of 1962. Good quality recordings. Not impressed with the packaging however, would prefer to have the discs in jewel cases.

5.0 out of 5 stars Music was my first love.., 11 Jun 2013
I have to thank Future Noise Music for this, their latest year-by-year compilation. This is Part 2 of the 1962 line-up covering July to December on 5 CD's, so with Part 1 as well you have every single record which entered the UK charts in 1962. I have a large collection of records and CD's, but this series makes it complete. I am now 61 years old, so this compilation covers the period when I was 10. In compilations like this there will always be records that you disliked at the time, but perhaps grow on you through the nostalgia factor, but I was surprised how many records I had either completely forgotten or had never even heard. I now have the series from when the UK record Charts commenced in 1952 through to this present compilation, and I'm really pleased to have these in my collection. I look forward to the series continuing through the 60's.

5.0 out of 5 stars A masterly compilation, 22 April 2014
Mr. R. Underwood "rayo" (wales) - See all my reviews
Obviously i didnt like every track,but the ones that i did like more than justified the purchase,this is definately my favourite era and year.