on 28 September 2012
Ordered this Incipio Feather for my new iPhone 5, as the Speck PixelSkin HD would have taken months to arrive from Amazon. It's ok for what it is, and protects the sides and back of the iPhone 5 no problem. However, there is absolutely no protection for the top and bottom edges, which are left completely exposed. With any sort of normal daily handling, the black paint will still come off those easily.

It's not a bad product by any means, but the inexplicable lack of protection for the top edge in particular is just bizarre, given that there's nothing up there now besides the on/off switch. I'll be replacing this case with a Speck as soon as they're more readily available.

It also comes with a cheap plastic stand, which is better than nothing, and a screen protector which doesn't cover the entire screen. Again, this will be getting replaced by a MediaDevil protector as soon as those are available.

UPDATE 6/10: Now experiencing the same problem as everyone else - the rubberised coating has come off all the corners of the case, leaving hard, bare plastic. And the lack of protection for the top and bottom of the phone has led to it getting chipped. This is not acceptable, so I have returned the case for a refund.
on 13 December 2014
The case is nice and worked well to start with. Good fit. I'm not sure what the life expectancy should be, but 4 months later most of the corners of the case have fallen off. All the plastic around the top left and bottom right corners of the case has gone. It's a mix of getting caught on clothes once in a while, and just general use. I'm ordering another case now.
review image
on 5 September 2013
Had the same cover for my IPhone 4. On both occasions I thought twice about purchasing because of negative reviews. I never had any problems with the last one. So far the same with this one. Don't understand what people are doing with them to cause them to fall apart, but they seem perfectly good to me. Definitely recommend. Don't place too much weight on the "they disintegrate in your pocket" chat.
on 1 October 2012
This is not a good case. The bottom edge is sharp, and uncomfortable to hold. For the level of protection it provides your phone, it's an absolute rip off: the top and bottom edges of the iPhone 5 are inexplicably left unprotected, which means that you very quickly get the black paint on those surfaces being scratched/scuffed/chipped through everyday wear and tear.

Moreover, since this is a snap case, I actually ended up doing more damage to the phone getting the case on and off than if I'd never put it on at all. I've just come back from buying a cheap rubber case which actually does its job!
on 19 June 2014
If you want a light, elegant, well made, slim case for your iPhone, look no further. This is not a full wrap around case, although Incipio do one of them too, but it does protect the back and sides well. With a good screen protector, this is all the protection I need.

I like all the Incipio stuff, and this is no exception.
on 10 November 2012
As said by others, the black coating wears from the edges quite quickly. I carry my phone in my shirt pocket, so there's not much in the way of abrasion, however, after a few weeks the edges of this case are worn through to the white plastic. Given the price of this product this should not happen. I have used other Incipio covers previously without this problem, perhaps the rush to get an iPhone 5 case out quickly has resulted in minimal product testing prior to release.

Other than the unslightly wearing, it's a good lightweight cover.
on 25 November 2012
I bought this case as I'd previously had an Incipio case for my 3GS which has worn well and provided great protection for the phone. This case however has been a huge let down. It's became badly scratched in the first week, showing very obvious signs of wear and tear. This is despite the phone being carried in a pocket with no other items.

A similar case for my I-Pad2 has also fallen to bits so I can only conclude that quality control at Incipio has dropped. I will be looking for a new case for both. Avoid.
on 21 October 2012
First impressions of this case were good, it is nice and thin and soft to touch. The soft feeling is due to a silicon type coating on the case. This is the main weak point of the case though, within 2 days of using the case the soft touch coating had started coming off around the edges of the case. Being a brand new phone I was being very careful with it. Whilst at home my phone was on a table and whilst out and about it was kept in my jeans pocket. I kept my keys/loose change in another pocket so there wasn't anything rough to be rubbing against the case. After about 7/8 days a lot of the covering round the edge of the case had rubbed off, making it look like I had the case a lot longer than a week. It was at this point I returned the case to Amazon for a refund.

Other points that made this case poor quality include the area around the volume buttons which had a far bigger gap than necessary, increasing the risk of the side becoming scratched. Also the screen protector that came with it doesn't fit to the very edge of the screen and the spaces for the button/camera/speaker seem to be bigger than what is needed.

I bought the Spigen SGP iPhone 5 Case Ultra Thin Air Series - Soft Clear after returning the Incipio. This case seems to be made to a much higher quality and I would defiantly recommend it over the Incipio.
review image review image review image review image
on 30 April 2013
An Incipio case provided excellent protection for my iPhone 3GS and this one does just that for my 5. The only issue I have (and have come to live with it) is that the bottom edge is a bit sharp and feels uncomfortable if you rest your phone on your little finger while holding it.
on 4 February 2014
This is the third Feather I've had (iPhone 3GS, 4 and now 5s) and I have appreciated on numerous occasions how this cover just does what it was made to do. The screen protector is a bonus. Would buy again!