on 2 December 2012
This is one of several recordings available (off the top of my head the others are: Chet's Chioce, Strollin', Live in Bologna, and Disc two of The Sesjun Radio Shows) by what is, for my money, the best regular band Baker led in any period of his career. Only Chet's Choice tops this one, and the two albums together make a brilliant pairing documenting this trio's interplay, warmth, subtlety, and fire.
As for this particular re-issue: the sound quality is faultless and I was happy to see the original album cover underneath the cardboard sleeve (pictured above). [This set of music was previously released under the title: Baker-Catherine-Rasinfosse]
on 2 November 2008
I first heard this at a friends house.It was my first experience of Chet Baker`s music and I loved it so much that I searched record shops for about five years-it became my holy grail. I`ve still not heard much else by him so I don`t know if this is " good Chet" or " bad Chet". I do know that it`s recorded quite near to the end of his life (having just watched ".Let`s get lost") and that it`s one of my favorite records.
on 7 March 2016
Chet Baker at his best. The band is excellent highly recommend for any jazz fan