on 8 November 2012
This is a well made product. RDX are a reliable producer of martial arts equipment and I often purchase items from them.

I purchased the 12kg vest. I am used to handling fairly heavy weights but this vest is heavy!!

It certainly does the job when it comes to adding a new dimension to MMA style training and certainly makes a difference to your grappling game when coming against heavier opponents.

The vest is very well put together, although you feel like Batman when you have it on.

If anything, it would be better if weights could be adjusted- but it isn't that kind of vest. Of more concern is the fitting around the shoulders. This is a large piece of kit and the fitting around the shoulders means that any action involving raising the hands ( like keeping your guard up or actaully punching) is uncomfortable on smaller framed guys.

I've found it good for body-weight type excercises like pressups but also practising takedowns and moving around a grappling bag etc.

It is a bit bulky so it isn't comfortable if you are on your back.
on 5 February 2013
I am new to weighted vests so don't have much to compare it to other than an old rucksack which I filled with a 10kg weight plate. That pretty much did the job but moved around quite a bit. This 14kg vest is held very secure and would be good for running or burpees etc. I use it for pull-ups and press-ups which of which it adds much more resistance.

There are however a few things I disliked about this vest, one being that the straps are a bit too wide while going quite close into the neck in a shape more like a tank top than a vest. I'm 6ft 5 with broad shoulders and it was just about OK but I'm not sure how it would be for the average person. This isn't a problem unless doing close grip press-ups or lifting your arms above your head such as for a pull-up whereby it restricts movement slightly. One other issue is that it is difficult to put on by yourself as the straps are in an awkward place, however with a mirror and patients it is doable.

Overall this is a decent vest and at the lowest price for the amount of weight supplied. It has its drawbacks but I would still recommend it for anyone wanting a challenge.
on 11 March 2013
I'm a personal trainer and i love this product from RDX it especially great for my clients who are on a weight loss programme I get them to train with the amount of weight that they have lost just to show how hard life was before its a great fit and a real personal favourite of mine
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
all who are interested.
firstly i like to start with, this vest is an extremely good value for money, (as is a lot of rdx's products). i have a few of their products and i see them as a good standard to buy and compare too. and they are noticeably valued well to the market. but they are designed to be combat/fighting gear so the toughness is their!
the vest. . . tough, thick, heavy (joke). it seams to be designed for the larger body, but that dose not stop you from using it. i am medium build 5'10'' and i can use it comfortably, still being able to squat comfortably without my movement being restricted. its design seems to use pockets of weights so that they can bend and twist in designed places so movement is allowed.
Its comfortable to wear, and very warm. i wear mine without anything underneath, and love the feeling. some people say it digs in, but i cant say it dose. it feel comfortable.
I have to say it dose look quite strange to wear, and may take others some getting used to, but if you wear it with confidence and have your goal in mind . . . screw them, your the one with an extra 14kg on. the vest itself looks pretty cool, i am not bothered about how it looks at all personally, it could be pink for all i care, but. . . it dose look mean.
just for a insight of what i do. . ive spent the last 7 years in all different training starting : swimming, bodybuilding, weightlifting, power training, endurance training, strength training, cardio, an aerobic, Brazilian jui jitsu, yoga, body weight training, judo, salsa and lots of bits and pieces in-between. i have discovered that the most important thing about training is technique. a lot of the sports and interests i have are based around strong, good, wide ranged, flexible MOVEMENT.
this vest is a great training aid, and now i have one, i would not be without. it would be silly to wear this to brazilian jui jitsu, judo, or yoga (swimming too). so use your noggin a little to applications. but everything else; running, gym, body weight + training, even dancing! but you have to be tough (seriously!). or even to wear as addition to training, around the house, going for walks (slow walks with the partner, or fast with yourself), house work, DIY. it makes everything harder, which is better.
i hope i have helped any decision making, or even contributed to ideas for application.
happy training
on 3 March 2015
The product is strong and well put together but in use I have to say it is not very good.

The straps are a nightmare to try and fasten on your own when you have the weight in. It is almost impossible to reach back and put them through the holes without help. The weights are VERY bulky and due to them all being one long length don't allow for much movement when you wear it. Especially if you need to bend.

After I bought this my friend showed me the one he bought ( I will not mention the brand name) His was 20KG in weight so heavier than mine but was much much thinner. It was built up of many smaller sandbags spread across the vest and when I tried on the difference in movement was unbelievable. It also had easy to fasten straps. Needless to say I stopped using this and purchased one like his for the same price...its much better.

My advice is for the same money you can get a better more versatile product...shop around. I have not mentioned the brand name so you will see this review is genuine but there are many brands which do a similar style of using small weights spread around the body.
on 24 April 2013
I have this jacket for a few moths and initially I was very happy with it.
Just recently it became loose quite often while running.

On investigation I find the the stitching of the rear buckle is becoming undone.
No problem I thought, it is still under warranty I will just contact the supplier and they will replace it.

The first reply was quite hopeful, saying we will be happy to sort it out can you send us photos etc.
I sent photos as requested.

The second reply was not so positive.
"It is not so bad, you can easily fix it"

I thought OK, do they expect me to fix it or are they saying that they will fix it?

I write back asking for clarification.

I get a reply. "Don't worry about sending the old jacket back, you keep it"
Oh good I thought, this means that want to save on shipping a defective product back, they will just send me new one.

Reading a little further, I saw that they were offering to send me a new jacket, however they wanted me to pay for it!!! WTF?

To cut a long story short B2Fitness could give two hoots, about the fact that the jacket is coming apart and as it has gone past the return window they believe that they are justified in asking me to pay for a replacement.

So if you are thinking of buying a product form B2Fitness then just hope that the product is not faulty otherwise you can whistle Dixie.

What a bunch of bankers.

And so much for Amazons A-Z Guarantee. It seems that as long as the item has been delivered then that is it.
Amazon I in some ways I am more disjointed with you.
on 1 October 2012
has a good weight, you can feel the effects after 20 mins easily.

i do reanactment, so for me i bought it to beef me up abit.
was usefull for geting used to the weight of plate. - verry good for basic activities, cuts into your shoulders if your not properly built in the shoulders, so this is for medium builds, or if your small build do wear something underneath it. ither a light jacket, or a padded coat - anything that will spread the load across your shoulders evenly-

apart from that, this is great for getting used to weight, or to be worn for any exercise activity- great buy dispite the shoulders not being ideal for me. after acupple weeks wearing it. my shoulders have alredy adjusted, and it has visable results.

good buy ++
on 26 January 2015
poorly designed, w/ cylinder (round tubular) weights instead of flat ones, making this vest very uncomfortable to use and bulkier than it needs to be, weak effort by RDX.
review image
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 18 June 2013
Perfect for running in and training with for sports or sporting events of any kind! I go for a 3-mile run every week with this vest on and I haven't found a thing wrong with it: it stays firmly in places without moving around whilst you're running, breathing isn't restricted, movements aren't restricted, easy-to-change sand pouches that simply slide in and out of the jacket and straps that take no large amount of skill or effort to do-up and adjust.
on 31 July 2015
Absolutely awesome, heavier than I thought it would be which is a good thing, only just got used to running in it. Looking forward to the first run without it. Don't listen to other reviews about 'lacking in quality', just be mindful of what they were using it for. For general training ie. running, bag work, weighted pushups/pull ups, I don't see how the quality could let you down and I'm confident it will last as long as I can use it for.

See one answered question