on 29 October 2012
Very insightful knowledge in this guide for practical CV tips often overlooked by most jobseekers. This guide's suggestions made noticeable difference as I received more call-backs for interviews and was able to change my mindset from that of a jobseeker to one of a hiring manager.

I suggest that anyone who has spent hours rewriting their CV's instead take a step back, read this book, and re-approach their CV with a fresh mind using these effective suggestions. This book helped me stop wasting time and instead focus on what actually makes for an attention grabbing CV.
on 21 July 2013
I find this book very useful and I highly recommend it to anyone starting their job search.
I thought my CV was quite good and was looking for some fine-tuning here and there, but after reading this short book I realised it needed a bit more work I anticipated. It makes you think out of the box and will help you save a lot of time with its concise, powerful advice. It contains a lot of great ideas, easy to apply tips that will show you how your CV can make that crucial difference in getting you invited for interviews.
I particularly like the beginning section on how to start thinking like a hiring manager and the tips on how to market yourself in the best possible way.
Do not start your job search without reading this book first! You will be impressed on how some very easy to follow, expert advice can revolutionise your CV and get your job hunt started in a productive way.
I have rewritten my CV and got some very positive feedback, not it definitely has the WOW! factor.
on 26 July 2013
This is a superb resource. It takes a different, fresh approach to CV writing, which is effective and easy to use. Its key premise is to work from the mindset of the hiring manager rather than the applicant, showing how to grab attention with your experience in a simple but very clever way.

I can't recommend this highly enough for anyone reviewing their CV. The approach helped me transform my CV into something hard-hitting and powerful.

Even if you have less than a hour to spare there are tips which can be used to add strength to your CV quickly and easily. And if you want to take time and build something really good you have everything you need. This is a must-buy. A great book.
on 18 July 2013
I would recommend this book to anyone who has to write their CV. I had already used a number of CV resources on the internet and was fairly happy with what I had produced, but it wasn't getting the desired results. Sam's books took a few hours to read, I then went into edit mode with Sam's book by my side, after a couple of hours work my new version was complete.
I uploaded to Jobsite, next day I had 2 calls, in addition I forwarded to another recruitment agent at Friends Provident, he was impressed, and is currently trying to get me a position.
The book also promises a follow up review (15 min). I did this today with Sam Waterfall (the author). He was thoroughly professional & helpful unlike some other CV Reviewers I have recently come across.
For me this book has delivered on its promise, not bad for £7.50 :-)
on 13 February 2013
Preparing for one of your first ever formal interviews can be a nerve-racking process. Sometimes getting started on the preparation is the most difficult part - how should you structure your research and preparation?

This 'interview doctor' certainly provides a cure, by mapping out, in a very logical manner, how one should go about preparing and thinking about the process. Furthermore, it gives details on how to try to relax and perform during the actual interview.

All in all, very useful, summed up, to the point and concise! I strongly recommend this to anyone who is the process of preparing for job interviews.
on 24 November 2012
I support young people often preparing CV's for the very first time. This guide is a must as it's so easy to read and so utterly engaging as it is relevant to first timers as well high fliers. (I read it from cover to cover in about 45 minutes - that's an average tube journey!) And it made me think that the times when I have been successful are the times I've followed the advice intuitively - though never really getting to grips with why sometimes the process worked and at other times it really didn't. An excellent resource for less than the price of a coffee!
on 12 February 2014
If your looking to upgrade or write your first CV this will be your best investment. The information supplied will definitely give you the best chance to get the job you want. It contains easy to apply information in an easy to understand format.
on 2 July 2015
Sam is an expert marketer, his experience spans globally. Reading this book makes it easy to see why he is one of the most highly sought motivational speakers in his field. This book offers the knowledge required to create powerful CV's by offering job seekers the essential ingredients required to stand out from the competition.
It's easy to read, practical to use and necessary for all those who are serious about taking the next step in careers.
on 1 February 2014
Anyone who's been job hunting knows the highs and lows of trying to find a job. Having sent over 30 applications to prospective employers over the last few months I was starting to loose heart. So I bought a few books to provide some much needed insight into what employers were looking for. I found this book the most helpful (especially as it cost me less than £2 as opposed to some I bought at £10!), although a few more real case examples would have been useful. However, the explanation told me what I needed to do, and I found the steps easy to apply (although I only used 5 out of the 7) and I'm now feeling more confident with my CV. Fingers crossed.
on 3 December 2014
This book is very short (51 pages) and contains nothing that you do not already know. The 5 star "reviewers" have mostly posted only this 1 book review or sometimes have also posted reviews of Sam's other books - all done in unbelievably gushing terms, which are mostly completely over the top. One "reviewer" says Sam is a miracle worker. A step too far Sam - Jesus was a miracle worker, you are just a humble nerd specialising in the bleeding obvious. Save your money folks.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse