5.0 out of 5 stars Great CV guide!
Very insightful knowledge in this guide for practical CV tips often overlooked by most jobseekers. This guide's suggestions made noticeable difference as I received more call-backs for interviews and was able to change my mindset from that of a jobseeker to one of a hiring manager.

I suggest that anyone who has spent hours rewriting their CV's instead take a...
Published on 29 Oct 2012 by Jessica Root

1.0 out of 5 stars This book is very short (51 pages) and contains nothing ...
This book is very short (51 pages) and contains nothing that you do not already know. The 5 star "reviewers" have mostly posted only this 1 book review or sometimes have also posted reviews of Sam's other books - all done in unbelievably gushing terms, which are mostly completely over the top. One "reviewer" says Sam is a miracle worker. A step too far Sam...
Published 22 days ago by cujimi

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy, so effective! Transformed the response to my CV, 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: The 7 Essential CV Upgrades (Interview Doctor Job Seeker Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Anyone who's been job hunting knows the highs and lows of trying to find a job. Having sent over 30 applications to prospective employers over the last few months I was starting to loose heart. So I bought a few books to provide some much needed insight into what employers were looking for. I found this book the most helpful (especially as it cost me less than £2 as opposed to some I bought at £10!), although a few more real case examples would have been useful. However, the explanation told me what I needed to do, and I found the steps easy to apply (although I only used 5 out of the 7) and I'm now feeling more confident with my CV. Fingers crossed.

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad for £2, 4 Oct 2013
All the tips in here ARE good, I just expected more and a lot of it seems like common sense. Satisfactory for the price however.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect cv guidance information!, 3 July 2013
J Jagger (Cornwall) - See all my reviews
I purchased this book having realised my cv was outdated and dull and having no idea where to start.
The information was invaluable. After applying the principles in the book my cv was transformed. It reads so much better and shows off my skills and experience in a much more professional and impact-full manner. It is very well structured and easy to follow and I would thoroughly recommend it to everyone who wants to make sure their cv gets read by potential employers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great help & advice - A must for jobseekers, 22 Jun 2013
I've had a CV for years which I update every now and then but after reading The Essential CV Upgrades I decided to have another go. The book is great value and full of essential tips that I've used to create a far more professional looking CV. I almost didn't recognize myself but as someone said 'it's you, it just tells your story using the material in a better way' I now feel more confident in applying for jobs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, 9 Jun 2013
It is a clear, concise book and as it is short and to the point, anyone can read in a short space of time. Also it is easy to implement the changes suggested in the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars wow, 29 Mar 2013
wonderful book, lots of great tips and very simple and easy to understand, I have found it very, very useful and I would defiantly recommend this book to anyone, because it can help you to get your dream job.

5.0 out of 5 stars ...with high expectations, 19 Mar 2013
Victoria Oriuwa (Newcastle, UK) - See all my reviews
Just got this unto my kindle from Amazon.
Have recently been to one of Sam's lecture and it's amazing what we can discover...
I hope this meets my expections as I believe it will. looks like it's got what it says on the tin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely useful and easy to follow, 29 Oct 2012
This is most certainly one of the most useful self-help books I have bought. I found it extremely easy to read and very easy to look for what I need from re-writing my cv.

I purchased this product since I will be looking to change careers and I need to write a cv let alone re-write my current one since I have been in my current employment for ten years. It is much easier to follow than all the websites out there each stating something different. I also think the value of the purchase was excellent considering saving me time from searching through sites that were not helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for job hunters, 3 Oct 2012
This is another 'must have'. Sam provides a clear step by step guide to creating an excellent CV. I have found the information and advice very insightful and incredibly useful.

Again this is another easy read and gives great advice at how to improve your CV with either a 'quick fix'or a more timely detailed upgrade, dependent upon the time you have.

The book provides details of how to create a CV with an impact, guiding both layout and content. It would have been fantastic if an appendix with 'power'/key words was included, however the author has generously offered a free 15 minute CV review, which more than compensates.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, very useful clear and concise advice, 2 Oct 2012
I have read this guide to CV writing since leaving University and applying for what feels like hundreds of jobs with no success. This guide is the most useful I have read so far. It was quick and easy to read and gave me valuable tips and advice, which were easy to apply to my own CV. After following the advice and improving the way I was presenting myself to employers, I have had my first interview invitation. I would highly recommend a read.