5.0 out of 5 stars Great CV guide!
Very insightful knowledge in this guide for practical CV tips often overlooked by most jobseekers. This guide's suggestions made noticeable difference as I received more call-backs for interviews and was able to change my mindset from that of a jobseeker to one of a hiring manager.

I suggest that anyone who has spent hours rewriting their CV's instead take a...
Published on 29 Oct. 2012 by Jessica Root

1.0 out of 5 stars This book is very short (51 pages) and contains nothing ...
Published 7 months ago by cujimi

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for job hunters, 3 Oct. 2012
This review is from: The 7 Essential CV Upgrades (Interview Doctor Job Seeker Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This is another 'must have'. Sam provides a clear step by step guide to creating an excellent CV. I have found the information and advice very insightful and incredibly useful.

Again this is another easy read and gives great advice at how to improve your CV with either a 'quick fix'or a more timely detailed upgrade, dependent upon the time you have.

The book provides details of how to create a CV with an impact, guiding both layout and content. It would have been fantastic if an appendix with 'power'/key words was included, however the author has generously offered a free 15 minute CV review, which more than compensates.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely useful and easy to follow, 29 Oct. 2012
This is most certainly one of the most useful self-help books I have bought. I found it extremely easy to read and very easy to look for what I need from re-writing my cv.

I purchased this product since I will be looking to change careers and I need to write a cv let alone re-write my current one since I have been in my current employment for ten years. It is much easier to follow than all the websites out there each stating something different. I also think the value of the purchase was excellent considering saving me time from searching through sites that were not helpful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable advice for CV Upgrades, 26 Sept. 2012
This is an excellent pocket guide to making immediate and tangible improvements to your CV. The The 7 Essential CV Upgrades (Interview Doctor Job Seeker Series) offers practical advice on how to make 7 essential changes to your CV to ensure that you have a significantly increased chance of getting through the recruitment maze to win that next job interview. Sam's personal and informal writing style makes it easy reading, and the step-by-step approach offers a logical way of tackling key problems with your CV.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great help, 7 Oct. 2012
A valuable guide for those looking for the next step in their career or job search. Simple, practical and to the point...just what the Doctor ordered!

1.0 out of 5 stars This book is very short (51 pages) and contains nothing ..., 3 Dec. 2014
This book is very short (51 pages) and contains nothing that you do not already know. The 5 star "reviewers" have mostly posted only this 1 book review or sometimes have also posted reviews of Sam's other books - all done in unbelievably gushing terms, which are mostly completely over the top. One "reviewer" says Sam is a miracle worker. A step too far Sam - Jesus was a miracle worker, you are just a humble nerd specialising in the bleeding obvious. Save your money folks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect cv guidance information!, 3 July 2013
J Jagger (Cornwall) - See all my reviews
I purchased this book having realised my cv was outdated and dull and having no idea where to start.
The information was invaluable. After applying the principles in the book my cv was transformed. It reads so much better and shows off my skills and experience in a much more professional and impact-full manner. It is very well structured and easy to follow and I would thoroughly recommend it to everyone who wants to make sure their cv gets read by potential employers.

5.0 out of 5 stars A powerful tool, for all those looking to deliver CV's that make a strong impact., 2 July 2015
Sam is an expert marketer, his experience spans globally. Reading this book makes it easy to see why he is one of the most highly sought motivational speakers in his field. This book offers the knowledge required to create powerful CV's by offering job seekers the essential ingredients required to stand out from the competition.
It's easy to read, practical to use and necessary for all those who are serious about taking the next step in careers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, very useful clear and concise advice, 2 Oct. 2012
I have read this guide to CV writing since leaving University and applying for what feels like hundreds of jobs with no success. This guide is the most useful I have read so far. It was quick and easy to read and gave me valuable tips and advice, which were easy to apply to my own CV. After following the advice and improving the way I was presenting myself to employers, I have had my first interview invitation. I would highly recommend a read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Instructive. Provides excellent advice and guidance on how upgrade your existing CV into a winning one., 30 Jan. 2014
A really good read providing solid advice and guidance on how to turbo charge your existing CV into a winning one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great help & advice - A must for jobseekers, 22 Jun. 2013
I've had a CV for years which I update every now and then but after reading The Essential CV Upgrades I decided to have another go. The book is great value and full of essential tips that I've used to create a far more professional looking CV. I almost didn't recognize myself but as someone said 'it's you, it just tells your story using the material in a better way' I now feel more confident in applying for jobs.