5.0 out of 5 stars Another great addition to the series, 14 Aug 2014
This review is from: Hunt of the Bandham (The Bowl of Souls Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
For all of it's problems books like this are why the kindle is great, a little self published gem like this series. I picked up the first book on a whim because of the low price and intriguing description and also because I liked the idea of the moonrats. I am glad I did, this series has been absorbing, volume 3 in particular has had some great parts and kept me hooked for hours not wanting to put it down. A lot of the characters are coming together now and the book is building towards what will be an interesting part four. Okay there are a few probes u do get with self published books, it does maybe lack the spit and polish of the major fantasy authors. But not enough to distract you from what at the end of the day is a great tale and that is what counts a lot of the time. I look forward to book 4 I think these have got better as have gone on and if you are coming here from book 2 having enjoyed that cannot see anything to hate on here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Story added to the series, 20 Aug 2014
Have read all 7 of these books and am looking forward to Book 8. The story is excellent and with a lot of thought on how to progress each of the characters. They grow with the story, and an exciting story it is.
To start off with you want to smack Justan but slowly he grows up before your eyes and we begin to see the making of a strong, likable character. Fist, Deathclaw and Gwyrtha all bring a different perspective to the story and add more depth to the characters. They all play a central part to the story which I like rather than just being extras added for the sake of it.
This story is a continuing saga and I like all the twists and turns that it offers and also the fact that there is a war going on and some of the characters that you like die as well and those who live suffer greatly.
As I said before like this story and looking forward to the next installment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Did not disappoint, 14 Dec 2013
After the end of the second book I was hoping this book wouldn't disappoint. It didn't. The story developed and more characters were introduced, Ezwad Vrill came back with a vengence and his creation 'Talon' wreaked havoc throughout the book. This book actually made me shed a tear when Fist was finally made his own bed, one big enough to fit him. He is such a brilliant character. The books have the right amount of war and brutality, compassion and love, hatred and evil, adventure and magic and good versus evil. They are fast paced, but the author leaves your imagination running wild, and I have found these books a refreshing change. It's not often you come across a series of books you really love. My last one was Peter.v Brett 's 'The Painted Man' series, but in all honesty I prefer these books.

5.0 out of 5 stars great story, 30 Oct 2013
Not quite as intricate a plot as book 2, but much smoother and more interesting than book 1.

The world is really fleshing out, and the characters are all very well drawn and developing beautifully.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 17 Aug 2013
I am really enjoying this series. Best fantasy adventure series I have read in ages. I really enjoy the way the characters are building. I like finding out more about Justin's abilities in each book. It definitely keeps your interest. Can't put the books down I will be gutted when I have to start waiting for another to come out. But for now on to the next and can't wait

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating, 13 Dec 2014
Can't wait to read the next one.
Been an amazing journey so far and I must admit unfeeling pretty peed off with that evil wizard myself. Lol

4.0 out of 5 stars been a good series to read would recommend, 2 Aug 2014
been a good series to read would recommend ,good winter series just to snuggle up in winter forget about the cold outside.