5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality budget gaming monitor
Published 17 months ago by C J Ford

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Monitor, Shame About The Stand!
Published 1 month ago by Nigel Buckley

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality budget gaming monitor, 16 May 2013
This review is from: AOC E2250SWDAK 21.5 inch Widescreen Multimedia LED Monitor (1920x1080, 5ms, VGA, DVI, 1000:1, i-Menu, e-Saver) (Accessory)
Had been looking for a good quality monitor for my sons gaming rig. After looking around and asking some questions on Tech Forums, was told that AOC would be a good buy as I am on a tight budget. Certainly lives up to what I was told. Looks great has a nice firm tilt function and gives great colour clarity. Response timing is more than adequate for mid level gaming. I hope it lasts as long as the last AOC CRT monitor we had (over 7 years)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good monitor., 29 Dec 2013
This is the second monitor i have bought and I have to say they great. Really clear and sharp images. Would recommend to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars great monitor, 24 Nov 2013
R. Stoica (London) - See all my reviews
It is a great monitor. The sound is ok for a small bedroom and my kid loves it. Thank you!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Monitor, Shame About The Stand!, 31 Aug 2014
Nigel Buckley - See all my reviews
The monitor itself is very good, clear display with bright, vibrant colours. It also appears to be quite solidly made. The big drawback is the stand, it's very cheaply made and quite flimsy. It didn't help that the securing screws for the stand were missing from the contents of the box. On the plus side, all other leads were included, VGA and DVI video leads and 3.5mm jack audio lead. All in all, a reasonable monitor for the money and, yes, I would recommend it to a friend - I think you'd have to spend quite a bit more to get a noticeably better picture.
I almost forgot - the driver would not install on Windows 8.1, not really a problem as Windows installed a generic Intel driver that works perfectly. None of the other software would install either, but again this wasn't really a problem, just something I find rather irritating! So, good monitor, poor stand and unknown drivers and software as I couldn't install it (and couldn't be bothered trying too hard!), but good value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, great value, 15 Jan 2014
I think this is a great monitor comes with both a VGA and DVI cables. Picture quality is great, like others mention the speakers are a bit rubbish but i have my own so doesn't really matter all that much to me. I would say its a very good monitor for the price as long as you don't use the inbuilt speakers, great value nonetheless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just love this monitor as much as my new 40in tv, 8 Aug 2013
Bought this to replace my old 17in monitor i bought in 2005 wish i had bought this sooner as it is like i can see my screen in a new light and wow bigger brighter better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Monitor !, 24 Mar 2014
Great monitor no complaints other than the fact my PC boots faster than it can turn itself on would recommend,

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 25 July 2013
It took a long time to choose a new monitor as I didn't really know what I was looking for. This one was exactly what I expected and I am very pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 2 May 2013
Imran Najafi - See all my reviews
This monitor is a must have!
It not only is cheap but is also effective.
I use it to play games on my ps3.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Monitor, 8 Jun 2014
After much deliberation I settled on this monitor, which was within my budget for a necessary upgrade from a very tiny 17" monitor.
I have not been disappointed.

The base of the stand is very sturdy, however the monitor itself tends to wobble quite a bit if the desk is knocked - I do not worry about it coming loose or toppling over though as it is very firmly affixed to the stand.

It does indeed have a tilt function and can be tilted up and down across a small angle - it can be a little stiff.

The colours are very vibrant and the blacks are true.

The software disc which arrived with the monitor can be a little difficult to fathom. It took me a while to navigate the internal folders and find the drivers I needed for my version of windows (8) and to get the AOC-i menu program to install which allows you direct control over the colour warmth, luminance and so on direct from your desktop without having to fiddle with the buttons on the underside of the monitor itself.

The only problem I did run into was that I found it very difficult to navigate those buttons on the monitor as they words (like Menu etc) are embossed into the plastic, which has a bevelled edge and therefore you don't even notice there is anything written there unless you have your face about an inch away from the monitor.