4.0 out of 5 stars Weird but I think I will get used to it
THis is my first review on Amazon, but felt that this product had to be written about.

Published 20 months ago by KingJ

3.0 out of 5 stars Style over substance
Beautiful to look at, sleek and cool - it certainly gets commented upon. Highly portable of course, as it clicks flat (although I was surprised it didn't come with any kind of protective case). However, I've been using it for about a week and it's not particularly good functionally as a mouse!

Conservatively estimating, I would say that it stops working once...
Published 17 months ago by T.O.G.

4.0 out of 5 stars Weird but I think I will get used to it, 11 July 2013
This review is from: Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse (Accessory)

There are two things that I want to say about this mouse - and those are that it is the weirdest mouse that I have ever held or infact used. The packing is superb (although it seems to have followed Apple with its very very tight boxes). When I finally got into the box, the mouse comes flat. Which confused me allot! NOw i am technically savvy, and it might be that it was 11pm and I was extremely tired when I opened this, however, only when I went onto YouTwit and followed a review did I find out that it was a bendy mouse, which I have to say is a really cool idea!

I have now used the mouse for a good few hours, and as the title would suggest I am getting used to it. The weirdest sensation is the virtual scrolling wheel. It is a completely flat surface, except for the fact that you can treat it as a scrolling wheel. Which in itself is weird... (it even makes the scrolling noise!).

Overall I am happy with this mouse, although to be honest - I was after a wireless mouse for my Desktop and hey, this was the only decent on that Tesco's had. Made the plunge and I am glad that I have :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and effective but takes some getting used to, 9 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse (Accessory)
The overall design and build quality is both robust and stylish. The mouse feels well made and gives the impression of a product built to last. The rubberised palm rest feels pleasant to the touch and provides grip.

The buttons require a slightly firmer press than you may be used to. The scroll wheel is sensitive and replicates the sound of a manual scroll wheel clicking away when you use it. The sound is pleasant enough but, in my opinion, there should be an option to disable for those times when you are working in a quiet environment as it can be distracting for others.

The shape and size of the mouse itself feels smaller than you may be used to, if you have large hands you may struggle to find a comfortable position when you first use the product. I find myself naturally curling my little finger beneath the arch of the mouse which felt odd at first but soon becomes comfortable.

Tracking is very accurate on all surfaces that I have tried so far (real wood, leather, MDF, cardboard and a mouse-mat). This ability to work on 'any' surface really adds to the portability of the mouse as you can set-up anywhere and be confident that the mouse will track straight and true. There is no difference in performance regardless of which surface you use it on.

The wireless dongle plugs into a usb port on your machine and is very small so does not protrude at all really. The bottom of the mouse has a nice magnetic spot where the dongle attaches for travel. I an using both Windows 8 and 7 Professional and in both cases there was no set-up required. The mouse worked perfectly out of the box without having to install any drivers.

The ability of the mouse to snap straight for travel serves two purposes that I think really add value: 1) The mouse easily slips into pockets designed for mobile phones in my briefcase or my jacket pocket. 2) As the mouse is battery operated this ability reminds you to turn it off and save battery, basically you know that if you leave the mouse in its curved (work) configuration it is still on - so a nice visual reminder there!

I thought about detracting a single star as the shape of the moue takes more getting used to than a conventional mouse but overall I think that 5 stars is warranted because the benefits of the design out-weigh the drawbacks, sacrifices have to be made for portability and style and this is the best portable mouse I have ever used. I'm already getting used to the unconventional design during use.

There is no reason not to recommend this mouse.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good portable mouse, 22 July 2013
This review is from: Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse (Accessory)
A good portable mouse that stows flat and automatically turns off when flat.
The wheel is a touch sensitive flat surface that takes a bit of getting used to, but once you are works well.
The only real con, is that it has its own native wireless dongle which is small, but a shame it doesn't work by standard wireless or Bluetooth.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, 23 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse (Accessory)
I am a gadget lover and have been waiting for it since I ordered it.

I am sure it is not the most comfortable mouse you can get compared some gaming mouse. I bought this for work where I need to travel all the time, it is very handy, very light, and of course very cool design where you can show off at work sometimes !

The blue track technology allows you to use it on any surface where I can use it even in bed or my leg. Cant use on glass but I am not complaining.

Definitely recommend it if you like cool stuff.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite impressed, 28 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse (Accessory)
By no means perfect, but it looks great (sleek and modern) and it is very responsive on most of the surfaces I have tried it on. The battery life has been good so far (been used for about a month and no sign of the batteries going soon). A couple of issues I found more of an annoyance than a negative:
- The mouse can only be switched off by "snapping" it from its curved to flat position. I sometimes forget so leave it on all night. It really needs an auto switch off to conserve battery power.
- The scroller sometimes malfunctions e.g. is non-responsive or too responsive and the mouse requires switching on and off again
- The material the mouse is made off means that gunk builds up very rapidly, so make sure that your hands are clean before you use it.

Those are the only 3 negatives I can think of at the moment. Otherwise its a great mouse and does its job fairly well. One of the better wireless mice out there.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great portable mouse, 22 Aug. 2014
M. Roberts (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse (Accessory)
Great as a laptop mouse, as it collapses flat and fits into your bag nicely. Really good battery life - I use it all day at work, and probably need to change the batteries only every couple of months or so.

Bear in mind, whilst fine for general office use, it is quite fiddly if you need pixel-perfect precision (such as working with Photoshop). But for general office / internet use, it's great.

The USB receiver is tiny (protruding less than 1cm from the edge of the port), and can easily be left in the USB port of a laptop and slipped into the bag without snagging, rather than having to take it out each time. If you do prefer to remove it each time, it's magnetic and handily sticks to the underside of the mouse

3.0 out of 5 stars Style over substance, 14 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse (Accessory)

Conservatively estimating, I would say that it stops working once every 30 minutes (only for a few seconds (10-15), but it just disappears and doesn't react to any movement before all of a sudden coming back to life).

Again conservatively, once a day the scroll strip stops working. This doesn't start working again after a short wait, you have to turn the mouse off and back on to get the scroll working again.

It's great to look at and I can deal with the annoyance of it stopping working occasionally, but I wouldn't use it in front of clients and I wouldn't buy it again or recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fancy looking mouse, 4 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse (Accessory)
I got this as a present for the wife. She really likes it.

We had one fail after 6months and amazon sent a new replacement which has been fine for over a year now.

A set of Duracell AAA's last 3 months pretty consistently. So that's about £3 a year to run in terms of batteries.

The mouse comes with a wireless nano USB receiver, so you need a spare USB socket on your computer for this to work.

It's not good for gaming because you can't rest your hand as comfortably as an old school wired mouse. But it's fine for general computer use like internet and working.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slim & light little futuristic gem!, 25 Aug. 2014
Joachim Møller (Denmark) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse (Accessory)
Brilliant product. Been using it daily for a month. Even has sound when scrolling and double-tap to scroll faster.

Easy to remember to turn off, because it has to be folded flat to turn off, so if not flat, just slap it flat and it's off. I always used to forget to flip over my old mouse and turn it off on it's tiny button.

Only thing that is not ideal about this mouse is that it isn't bluetooth, but has a usb transmitter, and having an ultrabook with only 2 usb sockets, I would have preferred bluetooth. There's of course a chance of losing the transmitter if you're careless, but it does attach to the bottom of the mouse with a strong magnet.

I also bought the very tight faux leather case (it loosens a bit after a while, which is nice), so no chance of losing the transmitter now.

Feels very different to a normal mouse, but I got used to it fast. The rubber texture is very nice compared to the normal smooth plastic and sweat is not an issue. Having a very light and very slim ultrabook in it's transport case isn't exactly complemented by having a normal fat mouse in the case, which is why I bought this little gem. Best mouse I've ever had (though for heavy gaming, you're likely better off with a corded one with changeable weights and programmable buttons, but for anything else this is great).

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best mouse Ive ever used, 26 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse (Accessory)
Simply the best mouse Ive ever used. It works immediately from turning on with zero lag in connecting to my surface pro and works on just about any surface including my glass top desk. Very clever design of the arc switching on power and snapping into flat position to power off. Build quality is superbly finished with an equally superb application of use. Easily recommended.

Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse