5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping Memorable Television
'The Fall' is an Irish-British serial killer/crime drama series that was released in 2013 and was shown in the United Kingdom on BBC Two. The five part series is created by Allan Cubitt and directed by Jakob Verbruggen. The program received a fantastic response from the critics on its release. Combined with excellent viewership figures, the show became a surprise hit and...
Published 13 months ago by Mitun

3.0 out of 5 stars Ended without warning !
Quite a scary story, well permeated with evil and premonitions. And well tied up with political threads. But I was so looking forward to its conclusion, which just never happened. Obviously a "series one" to be followed by a "series two", but even so, there is usually a sort of conclusion. And no indication at the outset that this would be the case. What a...
Published 7 months ago by Mrs J A Davis

‹ Previous | 111 12 1317 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars A poor man's version of Nordic Noir, 14 Feb 2014
B. D. Compton "Gettysburg" (Johannesburg,South Africa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Fall [DVD] (DVD)
After reading the reviews on Amazon, i was really looking forward to this British Crime thriller when it appeared on television in South Africa. Well, it seems that i am in a total minority but i am afraid i did not like it.

The first 20 minutes of the production is not at all well constructed and i turned to reading my newspaper and it was only when my wife said i should start watching that i put it down and relooked. For me Gillian Anderson was no Sara Lund depicted in the Danish thriller "The Killing".and the backround music was so poor that there was no atmosphere to the film. The best acting came from the two detectives that found the solicitors body and the serial killer. The brief afair between Gillian Anderson and the Irish Detective was excruciatingly painful to watch and entirely unconvincing. Gillian Anderson in the role was a great disappointment as she is norrmally a fine actress. In addition, parts of the plot failed to impress such as the baby sitter and the finding of the victims hair and the pendant that the killer gave to his daughter. This did not fit well with his modus operandi.

Why did i give it 2 Stars then, if i thought it was so poor. Well the producers were innovative in switching from what the detectives were doing to what the serial killer(Innovative in that we know his identity from the beginning) was up too and belief they were trying to create a macabre feeling of the proceedings. In this they were mostly succesful and if it had been backed up by creative background music would have been excellent.

To me i'm afraid, not a patch to the Danish and Swedish crime thrillers, but each to their own.

4.0 out of 5 stars enjoyed it, 4 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Fall [DVD] (DVD)
this was brilliant, dark and full of suspense while being easy to follow. The characters were superb, i loved gillian anderson. Half the cast of holyoaks were in it but showing that with a good script they really are great actors the only downside? there was not enough of emmett scanlan who i think is gorgeous but jamie dornan makes up for it ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Scary but utterly gripping, 3 Aug 2013
M. Vella (Carshalton Beeches, Surrey United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Fall [DVD] (DVD)
My sister recommended we watch this but I had little idea about how scary it would be. It was brilliant, I couldn't look away but it made me feel sick to my stomach. I HATED the main character, a horrid horrid man, I watched it wanting to hurt him badly... but just shows what a good actor he is. Gillian Anderson was really great too.
I'm quite a wuss so this did scare me a little but I watched
it till the end. Edge of the seat stuff. Can't wait for series 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 24 July 2013
Excellent !!

Thriller that has you wondering right to the end and the door is open now for part 2. Cant Wait!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good series., 7 July 2013
Terence m Butler (West Hollywood, Ca, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Fall [DVD] (DVD)
Enjoyed watching this, but was disappointed by the ending. Not sure how it could be stretched to a second series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 4 July 2013
Demet Gönen - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Fall [DVD] (DVD)
I can not believe the negative comments I have just read here,are we talking about the same show? I had to write a review and put it right. This is a very good drama,and if you like North European crime shows,dark dramas,like The Killing,you will love this one too. Gillian Anderson gives an excuisite performance,you can't take your eyes off her,and Jamie Dornan is also quite good.I have enjoyed The Fall very much,and am eagerly waiting for the second season.

3.0 out of 5 stars Middle of the road, 18 July 2013
This review is from: The Fall [DVD] (DVD)
I chose the 3 star as it reflects the "kinda true" after reading all the other reviews. I just finished and have to say it's no 'prime suspect', but it's not a load of garbage or terrible acting either. Good murder mysteries Always show the killer being pursued and arrested finally. So when you invest this kind of money and time, you certainly expect more than what you're "supposed" to think might happen. Very unsatisfactory. I thought the acting was good and why would you expect G Anderson to be more. She depicted her character. I do hope they make another with the ending as should be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Could Not Believe it, 1 July 2013
This review is from: The Fall [DVD] (DVD)
Where oh where is the second series, to end as it does is so maddening to say the least. Gritty, and entertaining, but we do need an ending for goodness sake

5.0 out of 5 stars Great actress, wish she did more, great drama, 11 Jun 2013
M. Sima (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Fall [DVD] (DVD)
Very good TV series. I wish she did more of these. I could see this as a series lasting 5-6 seasons. Hope we'll have season 2 next year.

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it. cant wait for the next season, 2 July 2014
loved it.
cant wait for the next season.x

‹ Previous | 111 12 1317 | Next ›

The Fall [DVD]
The Fall [DVD] by Gillian Anderson (DVD - 2013)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available