5.0 out of 5 stars Dinosaur Delight
This is a a lovely picture book for young children - I'd say 2 upwards. The illustrations are fun and form an important part of the central joke in the story - my 3 year old grand daughter spotted Tinosaur's really , really. really big friend half way through the book, way before I did! The text uses repetition, variations in the size and shape of the words, and dotted...
Published 24 months ago by Eric Baker

3.0 out of 5 stars Great bold stylised artwork!
I really liked the artist's big and bold style in this book. It gives the dinosaur characters (especially the smaller dinosaur) some lovely little moments. However, the message of the actual story is a bit muddled. It's a nice idea to try and stand up to and deal with bullies but is threatening/baiting them with how you might have a bigger/better friend than them really...
Published on 21 April 2013 by Mr. Gareth I. Davies

5.0 out of 5 stars Really, really, really great!, 13 May 2013
Sam "kingathon" (UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
OK so the title of my review is a cliche I'll admit, however it is also a highly accurate description of a great book for youngsters. The youngster who this was given to has been captivated by the entertaining story, fantastic pictures and quirky writing style. It has proven a real hit and has tons of repeat value. The changes in fonts and interesting arrangements of the words on each page add an interesting additional dimension!

Overall therefore this book comes highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hugely enjoyed, 17 May 2013
Hamstead (UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We like to keep a selection of books handy for our frequent little visitor, currently two and a half. She took to this as a bed-time story and since she is into counting out jelly beans herself and the whole knotty matter of social interractions where you have to share, she just loved this. The illustrations are fun and the kind of repetition involved is spot on for this age group. It's become one of the current 'read me a story' favourites. 10 jellybeans and 5 stars for this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book, 3 Jun. 2013
xenofan "xenofan" (Kansas, USA) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love this book even the title. Yes children do say "really really really". It took me a couple of reads before I got the voices correct --- there's so much on each page and the dialogue between the dinosaurs bounces around to a delightful conclusion. It's a great story for any little one who finds sharing a challenge and is a good story to share with those bigger bothers or sisters who might be a little dominant with their younger family members' Just loved this book!!

5.0 out of 5 stars really, Really, REALLY!, 28 May 2013
M. J. Saxton (Dewsbury, West Yorkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Loved it! Well told story with pictures that are quirky and just the sort of thing a young reader will want to look at. I can imagine this book inspiring a few games around the room.

This engages while also making an important point about bullying and getting on together; I thought it clever without pushing the point because it is based on young kids' playground behaviour (I admit it, I was a bragger!)

Great for young readers or as a bedtime story.

5.0 out of 5 stars My nearly 5 year old wanted this read this 5 times in a row, 25 April 2013
Fi P "Fi" (Chicago, Il) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this book as my son is mad on dinosaurs. When I saw the pictures I thought they looked really jolly and friendly.
My son was able to work out vry quickly what was going on with the story and knew that the huge enormous dinosaur was hidden in the pictures however he still wanted it read again and again. I was pleasantly surprised as I did think maybe it would be too young for him.
Any book that makes bed time easy gets a big thumbs up from me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Different.., 29 May 2013
Saturnicus "Saturnicus" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My grand-daughter was dlighted to get this dinosaur book. Don't all children love them. It is written in a way where the words grow larger and smaller and more drawn out as the case may be. She took great delight in pointing out little things hidden in the lovely illustrations and adored the hero, Finlay and his friends.
There is of course a moral to the story. It does not pay to show off.
Do not hesitate to get this book. It will go down a treat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining book with a good message, 23 April 2013
M. Mohamed (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My 3 and 4 year old boys both really enjoyed this story. It's a great book with a message all about sharing but it is done in a funny way, to capture their interest. The illustrations are nice and bright, and with plenty of character. The children found the boastful dinosaur funny and especially the part when he gets eaten up!
It's a lovely book, and has been asked for again and again since we got it. I would recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Dinosaur lovers, 18 July 2013
Ms. Danielle K. Smith - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book is really on topic for my kids, having just been to the dinosaur museum.

It tells the story of a little dinosaur called Finlay and how he's sharing beans with another dinosaur. It subconsciously covers, size, sharing and friendship for little ones. But with a fun story, lovely pictures, with enough to look at whilst you're reading. Guessing this will be a hit if your little ones like dinosaurs too.

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice little story, told with a bold illustrative style., 12 May 2013
Stucumber "Stucumber" (N. Wales) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The first thing to note about 'The really, really, really big dinosaur' is its bold, confident, colourful illustrations. Byrne obviously knows what he's doing and what he wants to achieve. He has an eye for composition and his colour pallete is well chosen. This is combined with a practiced, simple and effective drawing style.

The story is simple too and perhaps isn't quite as good as the drawing. Not that it didn't interest my three-and-a-half year old; just that we haven't returned to it as much as some other stories. However, a sample of one child isn't enough to judge a book on and others may get more out of it than we did. That said it is a cautionary tale for would be bullies that may always be someone bigger than yourself. As an adult I would have, perhaps, liked a different 'message' about the resolution of bullying but then again what we tell small children is that if you're being bullied is always to seek the help of a teacher or parent.

Overall, I/we like this book, though it's not a favourite as yet. I would recommend it, simply because it is so well done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book with a message encouraging sharing, 7 May 2013
R. Johnson "r_johnson194" (London, England) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a nice colourful book that my young son loves me reading to him.

It takes just under 5 minutes to read which is perfect for bed time stories and provides a great opportunity for silly voices.

Nice moral about sharing and a clever use of illustrations through the book which leads up to the final part of the story.

The Really, Really, Really Big Dinosaur