on 11 March 2013
bought this as a present and he loves it watches it over and over, good price and great value, fab
on 7 September 2013
Good Lord, why haven't I seen more of this? I've gone from discussing Game of Throne and Big Bang down the pub to talking about this Life series! So blooming interesting - I wish I'd had this for lessons at school maybe I wouldn't have failed Biology.
on 1 March 2013
This is a great dvd for anyone who likes birds, or is studying an animal related course.
The DVD has some great examples of evolution and is really helpful.
on 13 February 2014
i love this dvd boxset and so does my moggy. the similarities between birds and humans in their various behaviours as compared by sir david Attenborough are amazing and a lot of the programmes made me chuckle because of this. I would recommend this dvd set to people of all ages above say 7 years old because it shows birds mating albeit fleetingly, but it would depend on how individuals felt about their children watching something as normal and educating as to where we all come from.
on 14 December 2013
Watched this some time agao and always had it on video, watched a few days ago and wasnt disappionted, excellent filming and a great subject.
on 14 November 2013
The ever brilliant David Attenborough talks us through the varied lives of our feathered planet mates. Joyous. Birds are awesome.
on 27 November 2013
Bought for my husband as a gift and he loved it. Thinks that Sir David Attenborough is TOPS. He says that these programmes are a wonderful break from the repeats and "reality" day/evening TV and in this form are there to watch just when and as often as you want. Fully recommends for nature lovers everywhere.
on 15 December 2014
Sir David is wonderful as ever and the photography is beyond amazing but the funniest thing was my cats reaction. He has been glued to the TV for 3 episodes even when it was looking at fossils. He thinks this programme is the best thing since sliced chicken.
on 9 December 2013
As a mad-keen ornithologist I just had to buy this . I remember watching some episodes when it was first screened,so although I haven't yet watched the DVD I know it's absolutely brilliant!! Has David Attenborough ever done anything that isn't?
on 29 October 2015
When this was on TV, my cat got very excited & sat happily purring & watching it - after first circling the TV to see if she could get to the birds. I am not the sort of person who usually buys things for pets, except the usual cat toys but this is something I can put on during Bonfire Night/New Year's Eve, to distract kitty. Also handy to keep her in when I need to catch her for vet visits. Use sparingly for best effect. I also gave a copy to a friend - their budgie loves it.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse