5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for high impact sports
Published 24 months ago by miss Morris

3.0 out of 5 stars Runs small but stays put.
Published 8 months ago by MomX4

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for high impact sports, 1 April 2013
miss Morris (Sheffield) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shock Absorber Women's Gym Sports Bra (Apparel)
Being a slightly larger chested runner, I have struggled for a while with painful and frankly embarrassing lacking support in the bra region, this bra changed all of that, It supports without crushing my ribs, is light weight, doesn't feel like scaffolding, nor does it resemble undergarments only a nun would wear. I can survive an 8 min mile without chaffing or impact pain. I love the colour, the little toggle thing to clip your headphone wire into, the super soft breathable material and the adjustable straps. I seriously do not think about what I must look like, bouncing away, during a run anymore, well worth the money, would recommend it to any high impact sportswoman.

3.0 out of 5 stars Runs small but stays put., 28 July 2014
MomX4 "Rachel H" (Bainbridge Island WA) - See all my reviews
I ordered this because of the style of closure on the back. I hate it when my bra straps don't stay put when working out. There are a few things about this bra that I don't understand which is why I've given it a 3 star. I ordered it one size bigger than my true sizing for comfort. Despite that, it seems super tight and difficult to fasten however I can't complain about how the cups fit so it's mostly the band and straps that are an issue. In fact, the straps are super short and aren't very adjustable. I own several bras in the same or one size smaller and they're fine. However, this bra only has 2 hooks on the main closure, instead of 3 or 4. Since this bra was supposedly accommodating larger cup sizes, I didn't expect such a small closure. There are also some hard plastic bits on the sides of the cups, just next to the arm. I'm not sure what it's about and it can really hurt during some activities. Add on to this, that the whole thing seems to run on the small size, and now you can see why I gave it a 3 star. Oh! And it's super difficult to fasten the middle hook on your own. Overall, I'm now using this bra mostly for competitive riding since other activities can be so uncomfortable in it if they require laying on my front or contact with equipment such as weight lifting.

2.0 out of 5 stars So hard to get on, 12 Nov. 2013
I read the reviews before buying this and quite a few said that although it wasn't the easiest to get on it was supportive once on. When trying to get this on my shoulders popped a few times and I had more of a sweat on than after running! I am a 34FF so I need plenty of support and it just wasn't there. It comfy for around the house but now great for big chested women in my opinion. I am dissapointed as it is a pretty bra but that's about all. I think instead of the bikini style hook here they should use another typical bra hook as I also got the Shock Absorber Women's Multi Sports Support Bra at the same time and that one is easier to get on and supportive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought based on the reviews on here...., 28 Jan. 2014
.....And I can confirm that this is indeed an excellent product. I have never had such a good workout as the one I get when attempting to put this on. Or take this off.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 29 July 2014
Amanda "Say something about yourself!" (KIDDERMINSTER, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I have always used shock absorber bras for the gym. I have had about 7 or 8 all together.
This one seems to let them brand down.
To start with it is a nightmare to do up.
I have to do up the top clips and then put it on over my head to then struggle to reach the lower clips to do it up.
I have to put it on at home as it's too embarrassing to do that at the gym!
The fit is a little tight and because of this the elastic has started to go. Little bits of elastic now show through the bra as they are slowly snapping.
The support is good but not worth it in my opinion once you've struggled to get the thing on.
You've then got to get it off!
On the bright side you do burn calories trying to get your arms to unclip it.

I'd recommend shock absorber but a different style.

1.0 out of 5 stars How do you get this bra on and off????, 10 Aug. 2014
This is a great looking bra with great support - but I needed assistance to get it on and off. I have hypermobile shoulders, so am very flexible in this area, but for the life of me, I can't get this bra on by myself!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought this for my wife!, 23 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Shock Absorber Women's Gym Sports Bra (Apparel)
I bought this for my wife, she has been jumping around to T-25 and needed extra support. I visited the shock absorber web site, used their very helpful tool to define which sports bra was needed given cup size and activity. Then found it on Amazon much cheaper than anywhere else (don't tell my wife). My wife loves it, it fits her very well is easy to adjust and keeps everything in the right place without too much bounce. From my point of view it looks great too. So we are both happy - who says you shouldn't buy your wife underwear!

5.0 out of 5 stars Same old Shock Absorber, 5 May 2013
I love Shock Absorber bras and already have several of them. The sizing is consistent, which I like and which is why I can order these bras online - I usually wear 30DD but always order 32D as the band is very tight. The fabric of this bra is very nice to the touch and the bra itself looks good on me, is comfortable and gives good support. The plastic upper fastening is in a place where it is difficult to reach (it is similar to the one in the running bra, but lower, so even more difficult to reach), however it is not absolutely impossible. I wear it for aerobics, and when I lie on the mat for exercise this upper fastening digs into my back and leaves a red mark (something like a bruise); however, I changed to a softer mat and the problem diminished. But unlike the running bra, whose upper fastening becomes undone if worn for aerobics, this one stays done. In spite of these two small problems, I really like this bra.

1.0 out of 5 stars Indian Rubber Woman, 12 Jan. 2014
Unless you are double jointed, don't bother. I could not get both clasps done up. I consider myself pretty flexible... I usually love Shock Absorbers - but this one is a Big Fat NO!

4.0 out of 5 stars Ok running bra., 12 Nov. 2014
I think I may have mis sized myself, it is always impossible to buy the correct bra size online. it isnt the best fitting sports bra i have but it is very supportive. it is good for running and moderate sports activity; it doesnt fit too tightly, and you can adjust straps etc. i like the headphone clip it has on and the fact that it is double layered.

Overall a good enough bra, I just wish i could have tried it on before hand.

Shock Absorber Women's Gym Sports Bra  - Black/Red, 36D