on 29 September 2012
The Waterboys - The Whole of the Moon!!! That SO takes me back. I would have bought it just for that alone, but so many brilliant tracks - some of which I'd totally forgotten until I heard it again. Whenever I see anything on TV or hear anything about the 80s they always seem to pick the boring stuff. This is all the good stuff squashed onto 3 CDs!

Stop - Sam Brown! Remember that? And the theme to The Lost Boys makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end! Talk Talk, Billy Idol, Sisters of Mercy etc etc etc. I'm sure you'll have your own favourites.

This album if fantastic. I'm so glad I bought it. Sigh.
on 9 January 2013
I have a lot of eighties CD's. Although most are very good, nearly all of them have a selection of the same songs. Not this CD. Lots of underated classics, Joy Division, Talk Talk, The Cure, New Order to name just a few. Do your self a favour, buy this and relive the proper 80's classics.
on 13 October 2013
I seldom write reviews, but this collection is amazing. It has some of the best and most well known tracks of the 80's, but it also contains songs you may not have heard or have forgotten. This album will put you right back in the 80's wether you were lucky enough to be there or if you weren't born yet- this will give you a taste of some of the best artists that made the decade so great. It's also excellent value for money- 60 tracks- you can't beat that. I've searched Amazon for 80's collections, and this may be the best!
on 28 April 2013
Best eighties album I have come across which brings all the memories flooding back. Tracks are not just from one genre so it will appeal to most who remember the good old days of "Loadsamoney".
on 3 October 2012
It's 'seriously' just great... Saw it advertised on TV and when I looked at the track list I had to have it... Makes the last 30 years simply melt away...
on 25 March 2013
There are many 80s CDs where you listen to the first two songs and think great, only to find that the rest never even made the top 100. But this has three great CDs with song after song that makes you go 'yeah' (or whatever you say when you're happy that the next song is one you also like). Did a four hour car trip on the way to a family holiday and by the time we got there the kids were begging for mercy. Promised to behave for the entire week and all the way home in return for headphones for their mobile phones on which they have a jumbled mess of notes, all in the wrong order, and played with no rhythm - or am I getting old?
on 6 December 2012
I'm sure we all hark back to a time in our lives where we feel a certain positive vibe. The late 80's and early 90's was a time I am able to look back to and say " Yes, all in all, I enjoyed that time the most". I did not 'do' the fashion, but I loved the music and this compelation ticked all the right boxes. As always these sorts of groupings of the 'definitive', 'Ultimate' or 'best of' is going to be different things for different people, but all in all you will enjoy this one.
on 11 December 2012
Some tracks are not worth listening to[skip them easily] but the majority bring back great memories.Easy to sing along in the car-good job I don't have any passengers. fast delivery.
on 24 December 2012
Some fantastic not often heard eighties songs I great gift for eighties children,will enjoy and bring back memories for living as a teenager in that time !
on 22 December 2012
I loved the 80's and this is the best selection I have yet come accross, nothing is missing and listening took me back to my favorite times.