4.0 out of 5 stars and after some months it has started to deliver i think an experience any lover of the aliens film would get enjoyment from. It
i waited for this game and was hugely dissapointed upon its release. which was a slap in the face after alot of promises from Gear Box software. leaving me with a bitter taste in my mouth. however... although alot of people are still slating this game. since its release it has had alot of major patching, and after some months it has started to deliver i think an...
Published 20 days ago by J. A. Unwin-smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Some Kind of Xenomorph May Be Involved
I am a huge fan of the movie Aliens and like a lot of people I've been waiting for the Aliens Colonial Marines game to come out for several years. With this level of anticipation and that long in development I expected something pretty special. Unfortunately it is not.

The problem is the developers seem to have missed the point. At its heart the movie Aliens...
Published 18 months ago by Neil Lennon

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 11 May 2013
This review is from: Aliens: Colonial Marines: Limited Edition (PS3) (Video Game)
This is exactly what I wanted u point ya gun & pull the trigger & aliens die what more can I say very happy with it

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth buying., 2 May 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I know this game hasn't got great reviews but give it a chance. The plot is excellent and has a great end to the story. The graphics are average but the action makes up for it with guns that come straight from the movie.

1.0 out of 5 stars rubbish, 14 Mar 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This game has taken five years to make so i was expecting something amazing.
What a let down, the game just plods along with no depth and feels and looks clunky.
Completed with in a week and sold on ebay.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fun! :), 12 Mar 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I have been looking forward to this game for years! Now I have it, I am satisfied so far. I have played through the first mision/chapter. My review may be premature but I have certainly enjoyed it. I have really enjoyed it so far. I am currently playing Resident evil 6 and will then play another game or two before coming round to complete ACM, hence I am placing my review now. I am sorry if this review is inadequate - don't slate me! The graphics are not hugely impressive, but good enough for me. I would say GOW3 has very detailed graphics. ACM's graphics are good enough for me, they remind me of much earlier PS3 games. The game play is fun. I would say it is a well enough made shoot-em-up as far as the manouvering and aiming is concerned. The weapons deliver satisfying alien carnage. The sounds effects are also great for me. As an Aliens fan, I do appreciate this game, and can further appreciate the game having watched the film. Put it this way, I was excited to receive this game as a gift to me from my wife and I was even more excited whilst playing it! I am still vey excited!! :)
Sorry for the perhaps not so informative review, but I have given the gameplay 5stars and the game an overall 4stars. 4.5stars is more appropriate, sod it I shall now give it 5! (Cos I'm excited!) hehe

5.0 out of 5 stars Alien, 12 Mar 2013
Mrs. Sandra Strachan (UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this for my husband and it ended up with my son "borrowing" it I guess we won't see it for a while he thinks its great

4.0 out of 5 stars Aliens CM, 10 Mar 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Having not watched an aliens film before this is the only link to the film I have, and from what I've played I really like it even if Aliens fans are calling it the final betrayal I love but are there are pop ins when you respawn after dying or after a loading screen. But asides from these gripes I really enjoyed this game and you will as well fan or newcomer to the Aliens license.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as advertised, 9 Mar 2013
I'll try to keep this short and sweet.

The only good aspect of this is the multiplayer, which still isn't that great in itself. Bad connectivity issues amongst with bad Alien controls, as you are forced to play as Aliens so the lucky people who get to play the Marines get to shoot you. It's clear Gearbox tried to make a game that isn't going to give you a good single player experience, but to provide a longer period of entertainment to keep fans satisfied until a better game is made. Chances of that are unlikely though. I'd recommend renting it if you have to play it, but don't waste your money paying for the full priced thing like I did. Don't think I'll be pre-ordering a game again until reviews come out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Top Game, but very short, 7 Mar 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
After what it seems forever, Aliens Colonial Marines finally arrives.
After reading reviews, some like this game, some hate it. This game was never going to win everyone over due to how long its taken to get the game released. The delays properly put of a lot gamers off thinking is wasn't going to be any good. Personlly, I think this game is top rate, the graphics, gameplay and story IMO are very good. Its way better than 'Aliens vs Preadtor' game that came out in 2010.
My only issue with the game is its length. The game's campaign mode can easily be finished in a few continuous hours of gameplay, both on single player and multi-player, but that seems most developers seem to focus more on graphics and gameplay than actual length of games.
Overall top rate game. No regrets about buying it

1.0 out of 5 stars Colonial Disaster, 7 Mar 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I don't think I've ever been as disappointed with a game as this one. I had it on my wish list for over a year, the hype was massive, the drop in multiplayer sounded awesome, but the reality is that this game is simply terrible. The first thing you will notice is the spectacularly bad graphics, I'm talking truly awful, it genuinely reminded me the PS2 in places. If you put it on a screen next to Crysis3 and you didn't know better you would think they were different consoles, truly shocking. I pressed on, perhaps the pleasure is in the gameplay! Wrong. Funnelled through dark, uninspired corridors, with no choice on route at all, you, and your invincible AI buddies, encounter suicidal aliens that simply throw themselves on your bullets, there is no suspense, no surprise, little pleasure.

I think the film Alien was so scary because it was primarily built on suspense; it's the fear of the Alien arguably more that the encounter itself that is so terrifying. A shoot-em-up computer game will always struggle to fulfil this premise. It works amazingly in a game like Heavy Rain, but when you encounter swarms of simply stupid aliens, well, it's simply dull more than scary.

There are some ok weapons in the game, but I found myself only ever using two really, the shotgun for close up alien splatter, or the pulse rifle which easily, too easily, slaughters them. There are a few entertaining moments in the game, but the enjoyment simply serves to highlight how terrible the vast bulk of the game is and how this is another missed opportunity and an insult to the franchise.

The multiplayer tries to be original, I guess it is, but it's also awful. Two small teams, short rounds, dingy levels and you are forced to play as the bounding aliens that are heavily outgunned and not fun to play as. If there had been two teams of 15 vs 15 maybe it could have been good, maybe, but the multiplayer feels like an afterthought, which is pretty worrying considering the single player campaign is terrible. I understand there were lots of problems with the development of the game, but so what? There is simply no excuse for flogging this at forty sheets, its robbery. It's like a top chef cooking a really crap meal, seeing it is awful, yet still serving it to his paying guests anyway.

On the plus.... the pulse rifle sounds pretty cool, can't think of much else. Thanks to Amazon for a full refund.

Avoid.

4.0 out of 5 stars Aliens: Colonial Marines, 20 Feb 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I love the Alien franchise. It's been with me for a while now and I always longed for a game in which Aliens were playable characters. 'Aliens Vs. Predator' came out and I instantly bought it. Alien campaign was too short but it was better than nothing. Eventually I got atatched to 'Aliens' and the whole philosophy of Marines. And so, after months of waiting, I finally got the FULL experience of being a Colonial Marine with this game. People believe it doesn't live up to it's expectations but I disagree, I think it was worth the wait because of it's good campaign, weapon customization and setting/story. But I must admit, the campagn AGAIN could have been longer and the multiplayer was not as enjoyable. Mainly with the Aliens. Not much fun when you play as a Xeno. Especially if you have a bad internet connection and there are bugs. But aside from that, I thought it was enjoyable and I am proud that I got the Collector's Edition that I will mention is fit for any die hard Aliens fan. Obviously people have different opinions so I'm not gonna say all the bad reviews are wrong. If you really want to buy this game, go ahead. If you don't like it, it's not the end of the world.

Aliens: Colonial Marines: Limited Edition (PS3)
4.36